PDA

View Full Version : How can someone be banned?

VIPER86
02-02-07, 01:59
I wonder what should i do to get banned (not that i want it?:) Just asking...

Punaxe
02-02-07, 02:03
It's all explained here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item_tandc) :)

Mad Tony
02-02-07, 06:18
What's with all these threads you're making lately?
If you just read around, you'll probably find the answer to half of them.

EscondeR
02-02-07, 06:38
The one should swear, offend others, hate admins, mods and... penguins (:D :wve: Justin) and tell everyone about!

angelika
02-02-07, 11:54
The one should swear, offend others, hate admins, mods and... penguins (:D :wve: Justin) and tell everyone about!

^^

...and tell everyone about it.....:vlol:

Legend 4ever
02-02-07, 12:26

Not quite true! No offense, but in my case: If my opinion differs from moderator's opinion they ban me, I have never spammed, yet I was banned, there are so many spammers around here who never got banned.:mad:

Rivendell
02-02-07, 12:29
There's lots of ways! The most common being constant bad behaviour.

Angel_14
02-02-07, 12:41
Not quite true! No offense, but in my case: If my opinion differs from moderator's opinion they ban me, I have never spammed, yet I was banned, there are so many spammers around here who never got banned.:mad:

I don't know, but 120 posts/day are quiet many :whi:

Legend 4ever
02-02-07, 12:42
Whose posts?

da tomb raider!
02-02-07, 12:44

If you feel you've been banned unfairly, you should talk to a mod or admin about it. And if you think a member is spamming, you should report him or her to a mod or admin. :wve:

Lara Croft!
02-02-07, 13:26

LOL.....:D :D :D :D

Angelx14
02-02-07, 14:32
By spamming, I guess, by bad attitude to other members..
If admin doesn't like certain memeber.. XD No.. By making many other accounts, if you put a pic of nude Legend Lara XD, advertisements (or something in that way).. and so on.

danitiwa
02-02-07, 15:02
mods and... penguins :vlol:

Is there banning for rudeness? Cause I know certain people that deserve that. :whi:

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 15:04

Is there banning for rudeness? Cause I know certain people that deserve that. :whi:

Yup. I've seen one or two that have been permanently banned for being excessively rude. Or in some cases, just being so stupid as to not realize that they were being rude.

Angelx14
02-02-07, 15:07

Yeah. That's called bad attitude. I know one member who get banned by that reason.. :whi: Long time ago

Mad Tony
02-02-07, 15:38

Dani, I know you're referring to me.
So can you please stop subtly referring to me as being rude etc?

danitiwa
02-02-07, 15:40
Dani, I know you're referring to me.
So can you please stop subtly referring to me as being rude etc?
I never said your name, so what do you know? Maybe it wasn't you? Don't be paranoid (like me) Ben.

Mad Tony
02-02-07, 15:41
I never said your name, so what do you know? Maybe it wasn't you? Don't be paranoid (like me) Ben.
Dani, I know me and you get into a lot of arguments, and I do know you have called me rude in the past.

george_croft
02-02-07, 15:42
I know one member who get banned by that reason.. :whi: Long time ago
Give us a name!!!:jmp::D :D

scion05
02-02-07, 15:43
Maybe she/he is telling the truth ben ;)
Maybe not.

Stop spamming ;)

Its easy to get banned really, dont post anything unsuitable
for people under 2 and you'll be fine :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-02-07, 15:43
Dani, I know me and you get into a lot of arguments

Yes, and please don't start one now. :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
02-02-07, 15:46
Yes, and please don't start one now. :rolleyes:
I don't plan to.
This isn't about previous arguments. I'd rather not let them re-surface again.

@David: Is it me, or are you accusing everyone of spamming all the time? :confused:

Mona Sax
02-02-07, 16:07
Not quite true! No offense, but in my case: If my opinion differs from moderator's opinion they ban me, I have never spammed [...]
Sorry, but you were banned for spamming. Look at how many discussions I get into - if we banned members just for disagreeing with us mods, there wouldn't be any left. ;)

BlackGrey
02-02-07, 16:12
I don't plan to.
This isn't about previous arguments. I'd rather not let them re-surface again.

@David: Is it me, or are you accusing everyone of spamming all the time? :confused:

19,996 posts? Gee your not spamming at all, you've been here a lot less time than me or maybe just about the same and you've almost 4x the amount of posts. It's ridiclous! :rolleyes:

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 16:13
19,996 posts? Gee your not spamming at all, you've been here a lot less time than me or maybe just about the same and you've almost 4x the amount of posts. It's ridiclous! :rolleyes:

Yes and I'm sure this issue has been brought to his attention. The thing is that he's chatty but usually contributes to the descussion, not just pointless spamming.

Mad Tony
02-02-07, 16:15
Would people just drop this spamming stuff!?
As Burnsy pointed out, I'm just quite chatty and I come on here a lot.
Post count doesn't mean anything to me anyway, it's just a silly little number next to your name that some people want to be high.

BlackGrey
02-02-07, 16:18
Yes and I'm sure this issue has been brought to his attention. The thing is that he's chatty but usually contributes to the descussion, not just pointless spamming.

Post count doesn't mean anything to me anyway, it's just a silly little number next to your name that some people want to be high.

Okay, I'll accept the idea that your a chatty person and the number of posts under your name is just a number :)

Mad Tony
02-02-07, 16:19
Okay I'll accept the idea that your a chatty person and the number of posts under your name is just a number :)
Thank you. :)
I don't judge a person by their post count, I judge a person by their personality.
I would treat someone with 500 posts exactly the same as with someone with 25,000 posts. Simply put, post count is totally and utterly meaningless to me.

danitiwa
02-02-07, 16:41

*coughrememberwhocallsmespamerallthetime?cough*
I'VE STOPPED! :)

irjudd
02-02-07, 17:40
Meaningless... oh whatever.

xcrushterx
02-02-07, 17:50
You can be banned for several reasons: spamming, rudeness, swearing etc. I believe xMiSsCrOfTx has been banned in the past:whi:

Anubis_AF
02-02-07, 18:38
Where the hell did you get that from? And you've only been here for about 3 months.

xcrushterx
02-02-07, 18:41
I was bored so i looked at the old legend threads, and found one from her that had been edited by tlr saying she was banned.
EVIDENCE (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=46044):wve:

Bullethail
02-02-07, 18:44
I was bored so i looked at the old legend threads, and found one from her that had been edited by tlr saying she was banned."]I was bored so i looked at the old legend threads, and found one from her that had been edited by tlr saying she was banned.

Scandal! Irony! APOCALYPSE! *Runs off screaming*

xcrushterx
02-02-07, 18:46
erm...what do you mean?

Greenkey2
02-02-07, 18:46
Notice that post was made in January 2004 :whi:

Bullethail
02-02-07, 18:47
erm...what do you mean?

Oh, just talking about that link. ;)

xcrushterx
02-02-07, 18:48
Notice that post was made in January 2004 :whi:
notice i said banned in the past;)

Betal
02-02-07, 18:49
Once I got banned because I said that kill bill's costum level looked bad:rolleyes:

Angel_14
02-02-07, 18:50
notice i said banned in the past;)

Give a girl a break. No one's a saint:p

tlr online
02-02-07, 18:54
What a shame some of you find solace in digging up past mistakes. Shame on you!

Rubbish closed.