PDA

View Full Version : uh oh.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 20:46
What would happen if there was a draft in your country? What would you do? In Ny some idiot is trying to renstate the draft saying that we are losing the war and need more recruits. Ok we may be losing. My Global teacher told us ( he is a marines officer) that another threat is Iran. Iran has been doing some bad things as well. So if we were to go to war with Iran they would have to do a draft. I would fight. Would you?

danitiwa
02-02-07, 20:58
What would happen if there was a draft in your country? What would you do? In Ny some idiot is trying to renstate the draft saying that we are losing the war and need more recruits. Ok we may be losing. My Global teacher told us ( he is a marines officer) that another threat is Iran. Iran has been doing some bad things as well. So if we were to go to war with Iran they would have to do a draft. I would fight. Would you?

Pfft NO! :vlol: of course not! I don't want to die in such an inhumane way!

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:00

Who has been saying that??

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 21:01
I'd go to another country,for obvious reasons...:tea:

Alive_and_Funky
02-02-07, 21:02
I wouldn't, and if I was forced into being part of a war I wouldn't do it. I don't want to ever kill anyone, and if it meant that I'd have to suffer consequences for not killing people in battle, so be it.

Trigger_happy
02-02-07, 21:02
even though im only 15/16 and i live in the Uk, i think that it would be wrong to reintroduce a draft for the army. If you dont want to fight, or if you would be better working at home, why shopuld you go and fight and even possibly die for something you dont believe in?

If that guy believes you need to win that war that much, why doesnt he join the army?

2kool4u
02-02-07, 21:03
Who has been saying that??

Some man in Harlem. He was talking about doing this since November.

Draco
02-02-07, 21:04
We aren't losing the war in Iraq, we are losing the war here at home, because of the media...just like Vietnam.

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:08
Some man in Harlem. He was talking about doing this since November.

Ohh, I think I know who you're talking about but his name escapes me at the moment. There have been senators that have been trying to reinstate the Draft just so the members of congress would think twice about sending troops into Iraq. For a moment I thought you were talking about Rep. King. I can't stand that man.

@Draco: Indeed. Heaven forbid the media actually show the public good news of what's going on in Iraq. But of course that won't fit their political agenda nor would it help ratings.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 21:15
Yes you know who i an talking about!

off topic. Mr. Burns I cant stand Sharpton can you? He is such an ass!!!

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:29
Yes you know who i an talking about!

off topic. Mr. Burns I cant stand Sharpton can you? He is such an ass!!!

He does rub me the wrong way sometimes.

Geck-o-Lizard
02-02-07, 21:32
I would fight. Would you?

Yep. Chances are, women would be included in a modern-day military draft, so I'd go without a fuss. Heck I've always wanted to get into the military but I just don't think I'm a strong enough person... a draft would give me the kick I need.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 21:33
he is a total ass you dont know how much i dilike him!!! 50 shots! that dumb*** doesnt know that when you get scared you act on your reflexes.

//hikari
02-02-07, 21:34
I wouldn't be apart of Bush's dirty war.

Yep. Chances are, women would be included in a modern-day military draft, so I'd go without a fuss. Heck I've always wanted to get into the military but I just don't think I'm a strong enough person... a draft would give me the kick I need.

Generally speaking:

When a draft occurs, those drafted, are put up in the frontlines. The deadliest of areas.

Best bet is to join and get a high ranking so your chance of death is lower o.O

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:36

What would make you think you're not strong enough?

he is a total ass you dont know how much i dilike him!!! 50 shots! that dumb*** doesnt know that when you get scared you act on your reflexes.

He's a politician, they like to talk but unless they've been in combat, then when push comes to shove, they'd balk at service in a heart beat.

Rivendell
02-02-07, 21:36
I think they'd need to physically drag me against my wishes.

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:37

Just find a way to have your legs broken;)

2kool4u
02-02-07, 21:40

lmaO WATCH THEM SEND THOSE DRAFTED TO GET YOU. LOL
btw congrats. the avie seems formiliar. it is lol maybe hes born with it lmao
cant stop laughing

@ Mr. Burns have you heard they are asking for the death penealty!

Forwen
02-02-07, 21:45
Iran has been doing some bad things as well. So if we were to go to war with Iran they would have to do a draft. I would fight. Would you?
I definitely wouldn't base my decision of joining the war on such a shallow situation assessment. Just know what you're doing.

PS. Rivendell - return of captain Sparrow, I see :tmb:

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:46
lmaO WATCH THEM SEND THOSE DRAFTED TO GET YOU. LOL
btw congrats. the avie seems formiliar. it is lol maybe hes born with it lmao
cant stop laughing

@ Mr. Burns have you heard they are asking for the death penealty!

It's one of Riv's older avatars.

Dealth penalty in what context? New York already has one.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 21:48
no for the officers that killed him. Al Sharpton is requesting that.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 21:48

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 21:54

Erm... I must have missed something here because I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. You have to remember 2kool, I'm from UPSTATE New York. I haven't lived in NYC for about four years. So whom are you referring to?

Lenochka
02-02-07, 22:02
I am fearing a draft too :S At the moment i have a few excuses of why i could never join xD

Reasons Lenochka could not fight in a war xD

1.) Asthma - I have some bad asthma... How the hell would i fight :S
" Oh excuse me man who is trying to kill me can we stop for a sec... i need to get a hit off my inhailer "

2.) A.D.D - I have A.D.D also...
*Is distracted by a butterfly flying by... therefor becoming an easy target*

3.) Have been Anti-War for a long time - My teacher mentioned that you can be dismissed if you have had a past of showing Anti-war like actions or something like that... Almost every single day i write " **** War " on my hand in Russian with a sharpie... I also sometimes wear a T-shirt with the phrase on it, I also wrote it all over my room... om my door, walls, posters, folders etc. ( Thank goodness t.A.T.u. used that phrase or else i never would have used it xD )

4.) I'm gay darling! xD - I'm not sure if that rule is still there... but i remember hearing that gay men cant be drafted or something like that xD
*while being shot at, I'm speaking with a random soldier* " damn! you look hot with that big HUGE gun your holding! Wanna make out =3 "

2kool4u
02-02-07, 22:02
Recently officers shot a perp who appeared to be a threat. Shawn Bell ring a bell>

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 22:10
I am fearing a draft too :S At the moment i have a few excuses of why i could never join xD

Reasons Lenochka could not fight in a war xD

1.) Asthma - I have some bad asthma... How the hell would i fight :S
" Oh excuse me man who is trying to kill me can we stop for a sec... i need to get a hit off my inhailer "

2.) A.D.D - I have A.D.D also...
*Is distracted by a butterfly flying by... therefor becoming an easy target*

3.) Have been Anti-War for a long time - My teacher mentioned that you can be dismissed if you have had a past of showing Anti-war like actions or something like that... Almost every single day i write " **** War " on my hand in Russian with a sharpie... I also sometimes wear a T-shirt with the phrase on it, I also wrote it all over my room... om my door, walls, posters, folders etc. ( Thank goodness t.A.T.u. used that phrase or else i never would have used it xD )

4.) I'm gay darling! xD - I'm not sure if that rule is still there... but i remember hearing that gay men cant be drafted or something like that xD
*while being shot at, I'm speaking with a random soldier* " damn! you look hot with that big HUGE gun your holding! Wanna make out =3 "

Legally they can't discriminate so I wouldn't use that excuse. Asthma is enough to keep you off the front lines though.

Recently officers shot a perp who appeared to be a threat. Shawn Bell ring a bell>

Ohhhhh yes that. Hmm...no comment on that one.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 22:26
Lenochka gays can join the Army.
@ Mr. Burns TELL ME UR COMMENT lol

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 22:28

sorry,this cracked me up!!:vlol:

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 22:28
@ Mr. Burns TELL ME UR COMMENT lol

I really have no comment on that. I don't know enough about the situation to give my thoughts on it.

2kool4u
02-02-07, 22:30
ok. I think it was a big accicdent and al wants to make money off of it.

Lenochka
02-02-07, 22:34

I know they can join... but what about being drafted in... We were talking in class about it and some guy said he would make out with a guy in front of the people so they wouldnt... My teacher said that would work... i just kinda figured they wouldnt force us in, Unless they want me prancing around the battle field listening to t.A.T.u. on an MP3 player while wearing a pink boa xD . I would rather go to jail or be excecuted then be forced to go fight, kill, shoot people... i could never live with myself if i killed another human being.

Mr.Burns
02-02-07, 22:48
I know they can join... but what about being drafted in... We were talking in class about it and some guy said he would make out with a guy in front of the people so they wouldnt... My teacher said that would work... i just kinda figured they wouldnt force us in, Unless they want me prancing around the battle field listening to t.A.T.u. on an MP3 player while wearing a pink boa xD . I would rather go to jail or be excecuted then be forced to go fight, kill, shoot people... i could never live with myself if i killed another human being.

I dug this up. Should prove interesting for those that are concerned about this topic.

http://www.gaymilitary.ucsb.edu/PressClips/03_0110_WashingtonBlade.htm

Lenochka
02-02-07, 23:24
Why cant they just leave us out of it! We are already fighting the war of exceptance we don't need more to worry about >.> All i know is i would rather die then be forced to fight for something i dont beleive in or support. *packs bags for the run to canada*

Geck-o-Lizard
02-02-07, 23:59
What would make you think you're not strong enough?

Being away from home and living somewhere I can't escape from for months at a time is a far scarier thing to me than being killed in the front lines. I'd far rather die by the sword (well, gun) than by old age or in a traffic accident.

Forwen
03-02-07, 00:07
Unless they want me prancing around the battle field listening to t.A.T.u. on an MP3 player while wearing a pink boa xD .
I tried not to picture it but it was too late :D