PDA

View Full Version : Any metal fans out there?

Margoos
02-02-07, 21:12
I love metal in all its forms, some more than others but its the only type of music i can listen to no matter what mood im in.

bands i like at the moment are

Unearth
Suicide silence
Norma Jean
lamb of god
strapping young lad \m/
if hope dies

what sort of metal bands you lot in to then?

laracroft2122
02-02-07, 21:12
Rock, Pop and Jazz are my favourites :wve:

Kamrusepas
02-02-07, 21:13
I practically only listen to metal. My favorite subgenres are [symphonic] black and [melodic] death, and at the moment, industrial.

Mona Sax
02-02-07, 21:15
Yes, kind of. I listen to all kinds of heavy music, including, but not limited to, metal.

Lew
urgh god no :)

Ampersand
I like a little, mainly the lighter, more tuneful and less ear-bleedingly heavy sort. Preferably with actual singing and fewer animal noises.

AngloSaxon
02-02-07, 21:16
I listen to christian (white metal), traditional heavy metal and power metal. i hate black metal in all forms.

Paperdoll
02-02-07, 21:16
I used to absolutely love gothic and symphonic metal, although I don't listen to it as much as I used to, I go through alot of phases :D although I still love almost every genre of it. I just got tired of band searching XD

Margoos
02-02-07, 21:19
urgh god no :)

i dont wanna sound a dick but have you listened to any metal properly? i understand its not for everyone but most people who say that who i know listen to it properly and love it.

im going to see unearth with support from job for a cowboy and suicide silence in march and i cannot wait. metal gigs have the best atmosphere and even though you get beat to **** i love mosh pits, get to take out some aggrrssion without getting in to a fight.

:D

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 21:19
oh yeah...I'm a metalhead for life!!http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/icon_rock.gif

I listen to other stuff though,too.. :pi: :pi:

danitiwa
02-02-07, 21:20
OH YEAH! METAL IS MY THANG! I love: rammstein, System Of A Down, Slipknot, Korn, so on. :D

Angelx14
02-02-07, 21:21
Yeah. I listen all kind of music. From opera to something very heavy. :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-02-07, 21:24
Can't stand it. <_>

Margoos
02-02-07, 21:25
oh yeah...I'm a metalhead for life!!http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/icon_rock.gif

I listen to other stuff though,too.. :pi: :pi:

im the same, i listen to such a broad range of music its scary, i studied music at college for 3 years and you have to play all sorts of music on the course i did. i loved every minute of it and i listen to music now that i never thought i would have, even though i look like a rite metal head \m/

Kamrusepas
02-02-07, 21:25
im going to see unearth with support from job for a cowboy and suicide silence in march and i cannot wait. metal gigs have the best atmosphere and even though you get beat to **** i love mosh pits, get to take out some aggrrssion without getting in to a fight.

I just saw Lamb of God in November. Easily one of the best bands I've seen.

System Of A Down, Slipknot, Korn, so on. :D

Not really metal, but hey, who's counting :D

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 21:26
I just got tired of band searching XD

I hear ya!! :vlol:

can you imagine how many sucky songs I have to go through to find a decent one?:p

AngloSaxon
02-02-07, 21:26
OH YEAH! METAL IS MY THANG! I love: rammstein, System Of A Down, Slipknot, Korn, so on. :D

kiddy metal :p

Margoos
02-02-07, 21:27
I just saw Lamb of God in November. Easily one of the best bands I've seen.

lamb of god are an amazing band, its brilliant how they create such a heavey sound with only drop D tunning, partly to do with the brilliant vocalist and its stupid how hard some of the songs are to play. great for pits though and ive heared that a lamb of god walls of death are well brutal

Paperdoll
02-02-07, 21:29
I hear ya!! :vlol:

can you imagine how many sucky songs I have to go through to find a decent one?:p

And crappy bands X_X although you eventually find a few genious songs amongst all the crappiness :p I know I did XD

Mona Sax
02-02-07, 21:32
Anybody been to Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death tour? Personally I was quite disappointed by the setlist (the entire AMOLAD album, but hardly any classics - no Hills, no Number, no Trooper) and the cheap effects. For example, at one point there was a huge tank with Eddie on stage. He turned the barrel and aimed right at the crowd. And then, what happened? No fireworks, no effects, nothing. The tank just disappeared again.

Lew
02-02-07, 21:55
Can't stand it. <_>

Same here. Whats with the screaming on it and stuff?

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 21:58
Anybody been to Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death tour? Personally I was quite disappointed by the setlist (the entire AMOLAD album, but hardly any classics - no Hills, no Number, no Trooper) and the cheap effects. For example, at one point there was a huge tank with Eddie on stage. He turned the barrel and aimed right in the crowd. And then, what happened? No fireworks, no effects, nothing. The tank just disappeared again.

I love Maiden but those particular saongs I don't like.never seen 'em in concert :o

danitiwa
02-02-07, 21:59
Cover Of Sepultra is so not kiddy metal. :p

xMyrax
02-02-07, 22:08
I like a little, mainly the lighter, more tuneful and less ear-bleedingly heavy sort. Preferably with actual singing and fewer animal noises.

Same here =3 I like Trivium though! x3 Grawr

Paperdoll
02-02-07, 22:16
Same here. Whats with the screaming on it and stuff?

:rolleyes: yeah right, that's all there is to it.

Sofitegan
02-02-07, 22:22
Me! i dont really like death/black metal personally, nothing against it, i just dont like it much. but i like metal as in not quite heavy metal but slightly metaly and heavy rock sort of stuff. i reallly like SOAD, Korn, Slipknot, Metallica, Bullet for my valentine, and some other stuff.
I really dislike the way some people are so prejudiced against metal. like, "Oh, its all just huge scary men with beards and tattoos screaming about how they want to kill you... blah, blah blah." i mean, some of the time it IS, lol, but that doesnt mean its not good. I'd advise any so called metal "haters" to really listen to "Fade to black" in a non prejudiced way.

Hurrah4Lara
02-02-07, 22:25
I listen to [...]traditional heavy metal.I'm feeling old:vlol:

H4L:wve:

Lost_Soul
02-02-07, 22:45
Yeah I love metal...mostly Death/Thrash/Black metal (Slayer, Walls Of Jericho, Hatebreed, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura etc.) I also listen to some nu metal bands like Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed...

Kamrusepas
02-02-07, 22:55
:rolleyes: yeah right, that's all there is to it.

Of course! What, did you think these were actually intelligent, profound people and also very talented musicians?

Paperdoll
02-02-07, 22:59
Nah, just plain old cavemen trying to signal us that they can't find any food or their wives XD

rika2
02-02-07, 23:42
"Heavy Metal is the law
That keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and Hell
Heavy Metal can't be beaten by any dinasty
We're all wizards fighting with our spells!"

80's Thrash metal forever! **** all the rest and **** all posers and ****in emos! \m/

My Fav genres are:
- Thrash
- Viking/Folk
- tr00 kvlt norsk arysk black metal
- Death

lorien elf
03-02-07, 02:26
^Hehe, I think I actually can't stand the 80's metal, lol, even though that's where it started, pretty much... I like metal though. Some of the "softer" kinds are good, like Slipknot, but have been turned off of some others 'cause I couldn't stand the voices of the lead singers (which is shallow,yes) either they were too light? girly? or just weird, I guess. Anywho, metal is good. I don't consider Disturbed metal though, more like hard rock, and the latest album has changed a lot in some other direction, more upbeat I'd say. *shrugs* not that I really know anything about music tho.

Punaxe
03-02-07, 05:08
Hmm some metal I listen to includes
- My Dying Bride
- Burzum
- Blind Guardian
- Covenant / The Kovenant
- Evanescence / Nightwish / After Forever
- Arch Enemy

But, I don't listen to metal too much anymore. Taste has switched more towards industrial and mediaeval.

AngloSaxon
03-02-07, 12:12
"Heavy Metal is the law
That keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and Hell
Heavy Metal can't be beaten by any dinasty
We're all wizards fighting with our spells!"

80's Thrash metal forever! **** all the rest and **** all posers and ****in emos! \m/

My Fav genres are:
- Thrash
- Viking/Folk
- tr00 kvlt norsk arysk black metal
- Death

Tr00 kvlt norsk arysk black metal?

Black metal is all the same, depressing,hatred against christianity and disgusting lyrics, all they do is focus on hatred like death metal, ''rape the nuns'' i saw on a black metal cd front cover some time back! I think metal should be listened to, to escape the world ie. listen to some power metal and you will be taken to a fantasy realm.:) or listen to some true traditional metal such as manowar, bands with actuall talent rather then some corpsepainted vocalist screaming down the microphone ''burn them christians''

Catlantean
03-02-07, 12:17
If I had to pick a single favourite genre metal would probably be it, but mostly the melodic variety. Dimmu Borgir, Insomnium, Tristania, Old Man's Child, to name a few of my fav bands :)

danitiwa
03-02-07, 13:04
I used to hate metal when I was small, it used to scare me lol. But now I just can't get enough of it. :D

rika2
03-02-07, 13:53
Tr00 kvlt norsk arysk black metal?

Black metal is all the same, depressing,hatred against christianity and disgusting lyrics, all they do is focus on hatred like death metal, ''rape the nuns'' i saw on a black metal cd front cover some time back! I think metal should be listened to, to escape the world ie. listen to some power metal and you will be taken to a fantasy realm.:) or listen to some true traditional metal such as manowar, bands with actuall talent rather then some corpsepainted vocalist screaming down the microphone ''burn them christians''

dude, you're not giving me any news, I'm in the underground for years and years... I used to listen to power metal when I was 12 and played RPGs... Some power metal bands are good (Blind Guardian, Helloween, Rhapsody) most are gay tough... And yes, hatred against christianity, well I hate christianity for many reasons and the lyrics are a way of expressing anger but I don't think a conservatist christian like yourself will understand and francly I don't care.

Legend of Lara
03-02-07, 14:00
I love metal in all its forms, some more than others but its the only type of music i can listen to no matter what mood im in.

bands i like at the moment are

Unearth
Suicide silence
Norma Jean
lamb of god
strapping young lad \m/
if hope dies

what sort of metal bands you lot in to then?

I have not heard of those bands. Not one of them. Some metal music is okay like Evanscene (is that how you spell it?) but I'm more into rock bands like Bon Jovi and Crush 40. :D

Sofitegan
03-02-07, 14:23
since when was evanescense metal? :confused:

AngloSaxon
03-02-07, 15:20
dude, you're not giving me any news, I'm in the underground for years and years... I used to listen to power metal when I was 12 and played RPGs... Some power metal bands are good (Blind Guardian, Helloween, Rhapsody) most are gay tough... And yes, hatred against christianity, well I hate christianity for many reasons and the lyrics are a way of expressing anger but I don't think a conservatist christian like yourself will understand and francly I don't care.

I ment true power metal not euro power metal, i agree most of it is pretty awful and there are too many clone bands in the euro scene, but america is a different case, i like the old school traditional power metal scene from america- Such as Helstar,Anvil,Armoured saint,liege Lord etc..

Black and death metal is stupid, and black metal is the most laughable, the inventors Venom with their album 'black metal' was just a pun on black magic, the whole thing was a joke, it wasn't ment to start the satanic underground, it's just deluded kids such as yourself who want a cause or an identity to follow.

Say No to death and black metal!

rika2
03-02-07, 16:07
I ment true power metal not euro power metal, i agree most of it is pretty awful and there are too many clone bands in the euro scene, but america is a different case, i like the old school traditional power metal scene from america- Such as Helstar,Anvil,Armoured saint,liege Lord etc..

Black and death metal is stupid, and black metal is the most laughable, the inventors Venom with their album 'black metal' was just a pun on black magic, the whole thing was a joke, it wasn't ment to start the satanic underground, it's just deluded kids such as yourself who want a cause or an identity to follow.

Say No to death and black metal!

those bands are speed metal...

Well that's your opinion, to me it's a way of living. I'm no black metalhead, I just like some bands and draw influences from them, you should go ranting to the fanatics...

Ada the Mental
03-02-07, 16:29
I don't listen to any particular genre but usually only listen to rock and metal.
The only genres I'm not really into are Black,Speed and Death Metal.Not that I don't mind listening to them on the radio,though....

Thorir
03-02-07, 16:46
I´m from Norway - Of course I listen to BLACK METAL! :)

AngloSaxon
03-02-07, 17:38
those bands are speed metal...

Well that's your opinion, to me it's a way of living. I'm no black metalhead, I just like some bands and draw influences from them, you should go ranting to the fanatics...

They do have speed and traditional heavy metal influences but more importantly they came before all this poser thrash,death,black,viking metal stuff.

Way of living? Theres the biggest contradiction in black metal they claim to be filled with hatred and be underground, when black metal is mainstream compared to white metal. Very odd indeed.

Kamrusepas
03-02-07, 20:32
Black metal is all the same,

What a well-based, non-prejudiced and mature opinion http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/Kamrusepas/nod.gif

irjudd
03-02-07, 21:52
Yes, I love metal. I don't think its as easy as grouping certain bands into sub genres, as there are so many styles. But if I had to, probably Thrash, Speed, Industrial, and Symphonic.

Mad Tony
03-02-07, 21:55
I'm rather fond of copper and gold.
And I'm definitely a huge fan of Magnesium! :cln:

Dmoney
03-02-07, 22:04
I like metal...............twisted metal that is:D

SpongeBob Lover
03-02-07, 22:06
i listen to any kind of metal

like Rika said, 80's metal is the best and will be the best. its my favorite of all

Rivendell
03-02-07, 22:09

That reminds me of some kid who used to be in my highschool, 'Crazy G' people called him - he was a science whizkid, with an unhealthy obsession with Platinum. Geez, he went to all this trouble for one girl on Valentines day, got a big prezzy for her and a great big card. It didn't help that the message he wrote inside was a weird mix of poetry, and comparing his love of 'platinum and less valuable metal substances' with his feelings for her..

:vlol:

The only metal I can say I've enjoyed is Dragonforce!

NNzeBjS_mCM

The music, not the game ;)

Deamonella
03-02-07, 22:25

I like your music choice!!I listen to rammstein,soad,cradle of filth,children of bodom,theatre des vampires,dir en grey,him,disturbed,laibach,sepultura etc. etc....:;)

rika2
03-02-07, 22:59
They do have speed and traditional heavy metal influences but more importantly they came before all this poser thrash,death,black,viking metal stuff.

Way of living? Theres the biggest contradiction in black metal they claim to be filled with hatred and be underground, when black metal is mainstream compared to white metal. Very odd indeed.

poser? thrash metal created ALL other subgenres...
black metal is mainstream compared to white metal, hmm maybe cause white metal is extremely crappy and nothing more than a christian manifest in form of even gayer power metal thus the reason why it isn't accepted in the metal world.

Paperdoll
03-02-07, 23:23
What a well-based, non-prejudiced and mature opinion http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/Kamrusepas/nod.gif

Ditto :rolleyes:

It's amazing how people can have such opinions without being the elast bit informed... *sigh* There is a thing called exceptions right? -.- But I guess that doesn't matter the least bit.

CerebralAssassin
05-02-07, 02:01
any fans of Opeth here?:confused:

That reminds me of some kid who used to be in my highschool, 'Crazy G' people called him - he was a science whizkid, with an unhealthy obsession with Platinum. Geez, he went to all this trouble for one girl on Valentines day, got a big prezzy for her and a great big card. It didn't help that the message he wrote inside was a weird mix of poetry, and comparing his love of 'platinum and less valuable metal substances' with his feelings for her..

The only metal I can say I've enjoyed is Dragonforce!

NNzeBjS_mCM

The music, not the game ;)

man, Dragonforce is a pretty funny band to listen to :vlol: I can't listen to them for too long though,they're too "upbeat",I need something a little darker..:p

Lara Coft Baby
05-02-07, 03:14
I love Disturbed their all i listen to now sort of and i love Altered I dont think their a band any more. :D I dont listen to much metal/hardcore/rock unless its Disturbed THEY ROCK DUDE!!!! *cough* :cln: