PDA

View Full Version : is youtube going on a deleting spree?

tombfan91
05-02-07, 01:24
sounds pointless i know but today i was trying to watch some videos on youtube and almost every video i watched today (27) have all been deleted lol. i think they are getting wise torwards the copyrighted stuff lol.

domina
05-02-07, 01:27
They do seem to be cracking down on copyright infringements with more zeal than usual.

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-02-07, 01:28
Well, they should if they don't want to get sued.

tombfan91
05-02-07, 01:30
Well, they should if they don't want to get sued.

yea that's true but they always seemed to be really slow when deleting coopyrighted stuff and now they seem to be deleteing videos right and left lol.

Punaxe
05-02-07, 01:33
Viacom plays hard ball with YouTube (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10422485)

Satu
05-02-07, 01:37
I read about this yesterday. Viacom requested Youtube to remove more than 100,000 unauthorised clips. From memory the clips were from mtv, comedy central and others. They tried to come to some sort of agreement but failed to agree on price.

Lenochka
05-02-07, 01:40
It is kinda odd because last night i was watching old episodes of a TV show... and today i went to watch more and they were all gone xD was like " ummm WTF? O.o "

Randall
05-02-07, 01:43
I tried watching Gandarufu's newest Nepal Time trial run the other day, and when I clicked on it, it said that the video had been deleted due to copyright infringement.

gtkilla
05-02-07, 01:54
One of my videos got deleted yesterday because of copyright infringement! I was so mad! Why do they want their stuff deleted from youtube? It's not like we're making money from them.

tombfan91
05-02-07, 01:59
yea two of mine were deleted two but they were from mtv though

Satu
05-02-07, 02:02
One of my videos got deleted yesterday because of copyright infringement! I was so mad! Why do they want their stuff deleted from youtube? It's not like we're making money from them.

that's right your not making any money from them, but they would say the same thing....

unfortunately this was bound to happen.

domina
05-02-07, 02:05

It's not always about making money. It's about the creators having control and rights over their intellectual property.

Little-Lara
05-02-07, 08:31
Yes they are. I was watching news the other day (while foruming here:D !). I thing it was (Turner) that is taking off their videos from Youtube. The news also gave a number in the thousands, unfortunately I don't remember, but it was not small!!!!!! :(

tombfan91
05-02-07, 23:44
It's not always about making money. It's about the creators having control and rights over their intellectual property.

yea that's true.

Ikas90
06-02-07, 08:56
Okay... about 30 of my favourites have been deleted within the last 2 weeks. So I'd have to say, they are on a Running Riot :eek:

Lenochka
06-02-07, 11:13
DAMN! they got one of mine :S Now I'm being bombarded with Messages asking what happened to my " VH1 Awesome Make out sessions : t.A.T.u. " This sucks... i didn't save the original copy on my PC because i didn't think it would be deleted xD

Lara Coft Baby
06-02-07, 19:34
THEY DELETED 4 OF MINE!!! Thats not fair :hea: :hea: :hea: :hea: It was a music videos I made for Britney Spears. One of them was for JoJo :mad: :hea: :hea:

buffytabor
06-02-07, 21:54
I noticed a bunch were deleted also. Alot tho were full movies or shows broken down into 10 minute videos.