Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' Version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

tomblover 01-01-13 18:14

^ Let me clear some things up on that matter -- the 1-hour demo begins shortly after she's killed the Russian guy feeling her up, right?

They skipped a tiny segment just after that in which Lara gets effectively cornered, shot by a flaming arrow and forced to kill again. Combat is littered (at least in the beginning) with comments from Lara in the vein of "you don't have to do this" or "why are you doing this" while they're all focused on taking her down so they can indoctrinate her or whatever-the-****.
Also the bit with Lara on the ladder talking to Roth, kind of proves she's growing into the "role" as it were... it's more paced than the game lets on, because it's rather subtle.

TippingWater 01-01-13 18:37

Maybe I will change my mind once I see the full demo.

_Ninja_ 01-01-13 19:19

I'm not sure what some of you guys expect. It's a game, with gamey bits. Way I look at it is you will only give yourself a headache trying to fit game mecahnics perfectly into the narrative.

Zebra 01-01-13 21:02

I do remember hearing some of those lines while watching the gameplay but Lara didn't sound nearly freaked out enough TBH.

tomblover 01-01-13 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6586148)
I do remember hearing some of those lines while watching the gameplay but Lara didn't sound nearly freaked out enough TBH.

Because there was an entire cinematic sequence that y'all missed since they didn't include it... :p

trfanX34 01-01-13 21:45

Why was a thread from 2008 just closed for no apparent reason? :vlol:

MangelinaJolie 01-01-13 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6586208)

Interesting... :vlol: Rai must know something we don't!

Mikky 01-01-13 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6586208)

Lol, I didn't even realize it was from 2008 when I was looking at it. Maybe someone bumped it but then their post was deleted for whatever reason. :p

Dark_Messiah 01-01-13 21:51

This screenshot is hurting my eye. Its so bad D:

http://fav.me/d5pp8ef
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...or-d5pp8ef.jpg

http://gyazo.com/24f9162b002bd8786de...png?1357076511
http://gyazo.com/b207f988f8787c42a44...png?1357076559
http://gyazo.com/d5a49818f52df81da18...png?1357076598

That's just.. omfg.

It looks bad even if you scale it down to 720p resolution. They really shouldnt release screenshots that big to show off their amazing texture resolution. D:

TR AOD and even some textures of the classics were higher resolution

MangelinaJolie 01-01-13 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6586222)
http://gyazo.com/d5a49818f52df81da1849a7f2182acfe.png?1357076598

It has no face. It must be a supernatural enemy.

Mikky 01-01-13 21:52

Yes, TR has crap graphics. Try telling us something new. :p

Dark_Messiah 01-01-13 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6586226)
Yes, TR has crap graphics. Try telling us something new. :p

Yeah i've been just intrigued to look at screenshots after the "Yawn ;)" from Jay in the other thread :ton:

nevillet 01-01-13 21:54

Hey interesting fact from the Scavenger Hunt - the counter just ticked over 2000 people who have completed Challenge question 1.

Because you can't sign up without a pre-order receipt, this is indicative of the pre-orders in NA/Canada.

I'd love to know how many pre-orders there are in total now (across all countries/all platforms).

Dark_Messiah 01-01-13 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevillet (Post 6586229)
Hey interesting fact from the Scavenger Hunt - the counter just ticked over 2000 people who have completed Challenge question 1.

Because you can't sign up without a pre-order receipt, this is indicative of the pre-orders in NA/Canada.

I'd love to know how many pre-orders there are in total now (across all countries/all platforms).

Yes,

But 2000 pre-orders would be very weak :D

nevillet 01-01-13 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6586234)
Yes,

But 2000 pre-orders would be very weak :D

But that's just NA/Canada pre-orders from people who have then bothered to sign up for the Scavenger Hunt.

I really want this game to do well, because I want a sequel, then a sequel to the sequel, and... well, we all get the picture.

Rai 01-01-13 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6586208)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6586219)
Lol, I didn't even realize it was from 2008 when I was looking at it. Maybe someone bumped it but then their post was deleted for whatever reason. :p

This exactly. Just thought I'd clarify.

*ahem* back to Tomb Raider.

nick2nick 01-01-13 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevillet (Post 6586229)
Because you can't sign up without a pre-order receipt, this is indicative of the pre-orders in NA/Canada.

Canada is a part of NA.

Peep Show 01-01-13 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6586226)
Yes, TR has crap graphics. Try telling us something new. :p

No it doesn't, you guys really have no idea.

I mean zooming in on those huge ass screencaps is exactly what the game will look like on your huge ass TVs i'm sure. :rolleyes:

I wish more developers would release those kind of screencaps so you guys could see how "crap" all game's graphics are.

*YAWN*

Dark_Messiah 01-01-13 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6586294)
No it doesn't, you guys really have no idea.

I mean zooming in on those huge ass screencaps is exactly what the game will look like on your huge ass TVs i'm sure. :rolleyes:

I wish more developers would release those kind of screencaps so you guys could see how "crap" all game's graphics are.

*YAWN*

If a developer releases a direct feed screenshot like that he has to expect people tearing it apart. And the screenshot & textures even look bad if you scale it down to 720p (yes thats also possible in a web browser) :ton:

And the clipping in the screenshot.. her foot is inside of that rock. One simply does not release those kind of flawed screenshots to do marketing for a game

Peep Show 01-01-13 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6586300)
If a developer releases a direct feed screenshot like that he has to expect people tearing it apart. And the screenshot & textures even look bad if you scale it down to 720p (yes thats also possible in a web browser) :ton:

And the clipping in the screenshot.. her foot is inside of that rock. One simply does not release those kind of flawed screenshots to do marketing for a game

So they released those screencaps but every person who can do some logical thinking should know that you won't be able to notice all those little details in the actual game.

Dark_Messiah 01-01-13 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6586307)
So they released those screencaps but every person who can do some logical thinking should know that you won't be able to notice all those little details in the actual game.

Yes, true.
Also texture quality won't matter in a fast paced game like that.
I mean, the game does look good in motion right?

It's just that they should not release those kind of material if they know their assets arent exactly "top notch" :)

TippingWater 01-01-13 23:01

Quote:

Happy New Year from Head of Studio Darrell Gallagher

On behalf of everyone at Crystal Dynamics Iíd like to wish you all a very happy Tomb Raider filled New Year! And what a year it is going to be for all of us!

It is exciting to be talking about Tomb Raider being released in weeks Ė not months or years.The team has been working away continually polishing and bug fixing throughout December. I was away in Europe for the Christmas break, and came back at the end of last week anxious to play through the game yet again. Despite having played through Tomb Raider hundreds of times at this point, it was a pleasure to come back and confirm how great it looks and feels.

The outpouring of support from the Tomb Raider community helped to make 2012 an incredible year for our studio, and we canít thank you enough for it. The recent multiplayer announcement was just the beginning of a massive build up to launch on March 5th.

We canít wait to get the game into your hands so you can experience all of the hard work and dedication weíve put in to crafting a game that we hope exceeds the high expectations set for the reboot of Tomb Raider.

Have a great New Year - 2013 will be one full of adventure!

Darrell
http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/39...studio-darrell

Quote:

It is exciting to be talking about Tomb Raider being released in weeks Ė not months or years.
Quote:

..being released in weeks
Wait wut?:cln:

Killercowz 01-01-13 23:03

Quote:

It is exciting to be talking about Tomb Raider being released in weeks – not months or years.
Clearly he's as drunk as Karl.

Peep Show 01-01-13 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6586313)
Yes, true.
Also texture quality won't matter in a fast paced game like that.
I mean, the game does look good in motion right?

It's just that they should not release those kind of material if they know their assets arent exactly "top notch" :)

Yeah obviously they shouldn't have released them but meh as long as it looks good in motion (which it does, not to mention the lightning is top notch) that's all I care about.

Love2Raid 01-01-13 23:18

Maybe he's referring to the game 'going gold', which should be sometime in February I guess...

Rai 01-01-13 23:30

Technically it is weeks. Two months=8-9 weeks, same difference really :p

TippingWater 02-01-13 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6586340)
Technically it is weeks. Two months=8-9 weeks, same difference really :p

It may also mean that there is a demo coming out :D.

Dark_Messiah 02-01-13 00:06

A demo would be amazing, but it would be a Xbox 360 only demo due to various deals Square Enix has with Microsoft so meh

I would play it anyways haha

Peep Show 02-01-13 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6586377)
A demo would be amazing, but it would be a Xbox 360 only demo due to various deals Square Enix has with Microsoft so meh

I would play it anyways haha

Didn't the recent Square Enix titles Sleeping Dogs & Hitman have demos on PSN? I think so, very doubtful that a public demo would be xbox exclusive.

Dark_Messiah 02-01-13 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6586385)
Didn't the recent Square Enix titles Sleeping Dogs & Hitman have demos on PSN? I think so, very doubtful that a public demo would be xbox exclusive.

I think the Sleeping dogs demo came out after release and Hitman did not have one.
But even if so, they also didn't have an exclusive deal with microsoft. You can easily spot that when they showed off TR on the microsoft press conference announcing that the first DLCs will be timed exclusive for Xbox.

They probably also have a deal running to only present the game on Xbox pre-release.

At least thats what I think it is, (same thing happened with AC3 and Sony btw just without a demo. They only showed off the PS3 version pre-release and did all the marketing with PS3).

I would really much appreciate a demo on PC (or PSN of course). I would be so grateful if CD would do that but I expect a 360 only demo

Peep Show 02-01-13 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6586392)
I think the Sleeping dogs demo came out after release and Hitman did not have one.
But even if so, they also didn't have an exclusive deal with microsoft. You can easily spot that when they showed off TR on the microsoft press conference announcing that the first DLCs will be timed exclusive for Xbox.

They probably also have a deal running to only present the game on Xbox pre-release.

At least thats what I think it is, (same thing happened with AC3 and Sony btw just without a demo. They only showed off the PS3 version pre-release and did all the marketing with PS3).

I would really much appreciate a demo on PC (or PSN of course). I would be so grateful if CD would do that but I expect a 360 only demo

I honestly doubt it, there are hardly any developers these days that make playable demos exclusively for one console, maybe Xbox players will get it a bit earlier but that's it, I think CD learned from the Underworld backlash which is why a separate team is taking care of the PS3 version this time around.

Peep Show 02-01-13 00:59

Sorry for the double post but guess who's featured on the Playstation blog?

13 reasons to be excited about 2013

Quote:

Tomb Raider
Crystal Dynamicís bold reinvention of the classic Tomb Raider series will surely be one of the big talking points of early 2013. Expect a surprisingly brutal origins tale, packed with some of the biggest set-pieces youíll see all year.
Expected: 5th March (PS3)
Playstations knows the tea. :ohn:

xLara_Nathanx 02-01-13 01:09

They know the tea will be spilled all over the other games. :ohn:

Anyway, I can't wait to get my life slayed by the gorgeous snow levels!

tombraiderxii 02-01-13 02:24

I'm aware that this post is off topic of teh current discussion, but now that MP is officially announced, shouldn't it be time to replace the box art in the Tomb Raider tumblr page to the prior box art. The terrible photoshop job is burning my eyes. :vlol:

lcroft_lc 02-01-13 05:46

The outpouring of support from the Tomb Raider community helped to make 2012 an incredible year for our studio, and we canít thank you enough for it. The recent multiplayer announcement was just the beginning of a massive build up to launch on March 5th. :jmp:

tombraiderxii 02-01-13 05:54

Ooo massive.. I like the sound of that. :mis:

klona 02-01-13 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6586654)
The recent multiplayer announcement was just the beginning of a massive build up to launch on March 5th. :jmp:

Crystal Dynamics' marketing plan is now flawless.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69149206/LoZHairflip.gif

tampi 02-01-13 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6586321)

I really liked this CD's post. :)

Truly missing weeks. The game is practically in packaging process!:cln::jmp:

TippingWater 02-01-13 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampi (Post 6586764)
I really liked this CD's post. :)

Truly missing weeks. The game is practically in packaging process!:cln::jmp:

^_^ I want it so badly! :D Give it to me CD! Give it to me :!~

LNSNHGTDS 02-01-13 11:54

Hey creatures, I'm back, merry Belated Christmas and a happy Belated New Year :) .

Did I miss anything Laralicious :p ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.