Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Which fighting game would Lara Croft fit well in? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=224632)

plastiboi 06-06-20 16:47

Which fighting game would Lara Croft fit well in?

[B]Moderators are free to move this to an appropriate location because I didn't know where to add this in.[/B]

Is it just me or has lara been in any other fighting game? (besides being a costume or cameo). i don't know if it's because certain companies don't have the right to include her as a character, but it'd be interesting to have her in a game like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or what have you, personally i would like to see Lara in MK11, but probably the reboot version if Netherrealm decides to add her, but anyways
which game do you think lara would fit perfectly in?

Yeauxleaux 06-06-20 19:15

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Times New Roman"][I]I usually hate to see guest characters in Mortal Kombat, but I would love to see Lara. Provided the version that appears is based on classic Lara though, not just because I prefer classic 100%, her entire character design just fits the tone of Mortal Kombat so ridiculously much better.[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Lara_Fan1 06-06-20 19:19

^

Cassie Cage reskin lol!

——

Well there’s not much fighting games around that I know of apart from Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat so I’d have to agree and say Mortal Kombat. I can just imagine her fatalities now.

MuruCoder 06-06-20 19:48

Reboot Lara would be better for Mortal Kombat, more realistic, blood, gore, fatalities and such.

Classic Lara I consider more like a comic book character so would fit better with cartoony ones, Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom like games.

My personal pick would be King of Fighters. Would like to see Mai Shiranui vs Lara Croft, dual butterfly fans vs. dual pistols :jmp:

paulojr_mam 06-06-20 20:17

Killer Instinct - the original duology has the same 90s charm of classic Lara (and it was made by another british studio: Rare).
Skullgirls.

Portugalraider 06-06-20 20:53

Brawlhalla :p

But honestly, any fighting game where someone with weapons wouldn't be too out of place, really. Regardless of continuity, Lara is always a weapons girl.

plastiboi 06-06-20 22:32

^
i knew lara was in brawlhalla i forgot to mention it :o i don't play it but it was cool that both versions of her were in it

jajay119 07-06-20 19:46

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;8204254][COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Times New Roman"][I]I usually hate to see guest characters in Mortal Kombat, but I would love to see Lara. Provided the version that appears is based on classic Lara though, not just because I prefer classic 100%, her entire character design just fits the tone of Mortal Kombat so ridiculously much better.[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I actually made a Lara Croft fighter in MK:Armageddon. She worked out pretty well. Couldn't use any guns or anything obviously. This isn't mine but was pretty identical.

[youtube]PRS_CBI1oxY[/youtube]

kimiawn 08-06-20 00:54

i would kill to have Lara in Smash. if Snake fits, she could too.

Error96 08-06-20 01:34

Smash bros would be pretty fun and obviously in any side reference it has to be classic Lara with the duals. I wouldn't want to see her fighting as a brawler more as an agility/long range character.