Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Square enix reveals initial stadia lineup, includes Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222919)

tlr online 06-06-19 17:44

Square enix reveals initial stadia lineup, includes Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Fresh off the press.

[quote]Square Enix® is excited to confirm that TOMB RAIDER®, Rise of the Tomb Raider®, Shadow of the Tomb Raider™, and FINAL FANTASY® XV will all be available on Stadia when the new platform launches this November.

TOMB RAIDER explores the intense origin story of Lara Croft® and her ascent from an untested young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor, and embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition in search of the secret of immortality. She’ll explore a vast and hostile world, engage in guerilla combat, and discover deadly tombs.

In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must travel to a magnificent environment filled with the largest tombs in franchise history, hidden secrets, and cunning new enemies. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.

FINAL FANTASY XV is the critically acclaimed roleplaying game (RPG) and the latest entry in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Set in an enthralling world where fantasy meets reality, players will join Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades on an epic journey of brotherhood, love and despair as they unravel Noctis's destiny and take up arms against the warmongering empire, Niflheim. With a captivating cast of characters, breathtaking visuals, open-world exploration and action-packed real time combat, FINAL FANTASY XV is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY experience for fans and newcomers to the series.

“We’re thrilled to bring the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider trilogy to Stadia.” said Gary Snethen, Chief Technology Officer at Crystal Dynamics®. “It’s an exciting new platform, and we’re always pleased when new audiences can discover Lara’s origin story.”

“Stadia brings new opportunities to our research and development teams, who always love a new challenge,” said Julien Bouvrais, Chief Technology Officer at Eidos-Montréal™. “Being part of the first round of games released on the platform allows us to break new ground, and shows our studio’s dedication to delivering trailblazing experiences for all players.”

“We’re pleased with the opportunity to bring the engaging characters and immersive world of FINAL FANTASY XV to even more players through the Stadia platform,” said FINAL FANTASY Brand Manager Shinji Hashimoto. “The journey of Crown Prince Noctis is the perfect adventure for players to enjoy through Stadia.”

TOMB RAIDER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are available now worldwide on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Windows PC/Steam. FINAL FANTASY XV is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC/Steam/Origin.

[url]https://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/1440/square-enix-reveals-initial-stadia-lineup[/url][/quote]

NoahCrofRaider 06-06-19 17:51

My heart rate went up for a second because I thought it was related to Shadow's possible appearance at E3. D:

This is nice to reach new players though, I guess. :p

iWANEX 06-06-19 17:52

Anything that makes more people play TR is something positive in my book. Let's see how successful the platform is but I'm glad CD is trying to find new ways for people to experience Lara's origin story.

I enjoyed reading the summaries too. Loved Lara's journey so far and I'm glad to see it's far from over.

killchan 06-06-19 18:14

oh! so THAT'S what the "Wait For Streaming" message was all about

Isaac 06-06-19 18:36

^ :vlol: Shadow was a prototype all along!

I'm so incredibly indifferent with Stadia... Not really the news I was looking for but I guess there's more to come.

johnanonymouz 06-06-19 18:37

[QUOTE=killchan;8096757]oh! so THAT'S what the "Wait For Streaming" message was all about[/QUOTE]

this made me laugh so hard

Robwood 06-06-19 19:01

I've never heard of Stadia, but now that I know it has Google's name on it, I'm staying far away.

Athukraz 06-06-19 19:06

[QUOTE=Robwood;8096771]I've never heard of Stadia, but now that I know it has Google's name on it, I'm staying far away.[/QUOTE]

So how are you on trf right now?

Isaac 06-06-19 19:07

[QUOTE=Robwood;8096771]I've never heard of Stadia, but now that I know it has Google's name on it, I'm staying far away.[/QUOTE]

Afaik it's basically a system that will allow you to play games through streaming at will, like you see an add about Assassin's Creed on youtube you can click on it and instantly play the game, without resorting to getting a console or downloading it on PC.

It's meant to make video games more accessible as a whole, instantaneous, but will be limited to compatible games.

I'm not among those who believe streaming to be the future of gaming considering button press input and timing are important factors in gameplay, something internet, distant connection and so on might still struggle with.

However, I know that Japan is a bit more advanced on that end so maybe for that kind of country it's a good idea, but I don't see it getting that popular in the West.

Robwood 06-06-19 19:19

[QUOTE=Athukraz;8096773]So how are you on trf right now?[/QUOTE]

Firefox. Once I found out years ago that Google doesn't care about the privacy of others, I stopped using them.