Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider III (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TR3 Appreciation Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223046)

yifle 04-07-19 08:30

TR3 Appreciation Thread

Been replaying TR3 again
and I remember how much I simply love this game
yes its hard and unforgiving at first
but after you get acquainted with it
You can really realize how absolutely amazing this game is
its also the most beautiful of the Core games
the scenery is just stunning in alot of places

It took me from 2011 to 2016 to master the game
over those years I nibbled away at the game slowly and it was really rewarding

and now in 2019 I can replay this game 7 times in a row almost without getting tired of it

Its right up there with Last Revelation and Chronicles as my favorites of the entire franchise

Pardon all the rambling
but would love to hear your opinion and experiences with the game :D

Maverin 04-07-19 09:50

You are right. This is one of those games that get better by time, once you already know what to do in certain otherwise frustrating parts. The scenery is very unique and stunning, even with the outdated graphics.

Tomb Raider III is a real treasure.

NoahCrofRaider 04-07-19 13:40

I think I’ll always love TR3. Best game in the series to date, and probably the most balanced one with the most variety too.

BlackWolftr 04-07-19 18:05

This is one of my favorite tomb raider. I love this diversity of levels. My favorite level is Luds Gate and Nevada levels . The classics tr3 also have the largest range of weapons. I love bazooka and mp5. I have not played Tomb Raider 3 for a long time but I will do it soon :) Sry for my bad English :P

marla_biggs 04-07-19 19:57

It's perfection x

trfan16 04-07-19 19:59

TRIII is one of those games that slowly grows on me every time I replay. I still prefer the first two games over it, but this game definitely geared towards the hardcore Classic fans. Out of all of the games from the Core Design era, this game probably provides the best variety. Best variety of levels, weapons, vehicles, and even when it comes to the enemies. One of my favorite features is the ability to play levels in different orders. I'm not a big fan of losing your entire inventory in Nevada, but it does create a nice challenge for those who want to choose Nevada for last.

My one main complaint is that the difficulty of the game can be relentless at times. I'm not talking about the complexity of some of the levels or all of the unexpected death traps. I feel that the game can be a little cryptic at times. Case in point, the ticket booth puzzle in Aldwych with the Old Coin. I'm not a fan of the inflated difficulty with the inflated difficulty either with all the mazes in the game. Other than that, I love the different challenges each level offers. Definitely something that was missed in the more recent installments before Shadow.

TRExpertgamer 04-07-19 21:32

[QUOTE=yifle;8106683]Been replaying TR3 again
and I remember how much I simply love this game
yes its hard and unforgiving at first
but after you get acquainted with it
You can really realize how absolutely amazing this game is
its also the most beautiful of the Core games
the scenery is just stunning in alot of places

It took me from 2011 to 2016 to master the game
over those years I nibbled away at the game slowly and it was really rewarding

and now in 2019 I can replay this game 7 times in a row almost without getting tired of it

Its right up there with Last Revelation and Chronicles as my favorites of the entire franchise

Pardon all the rambling
but would love to hear your opinion and experiences with the game :D[/QUOTE]

With me at the other hand, I've ABSOLUTELY HAVE PAST SO MANY YEARS TO PLAY THE TOMB RAIDER GAMES LONGER THAN YOU HAVE YOURSELF!! :mis::cool:

Blackmoor 04-07-19 21:52

My absolute favourite of the TR's (very close with TR1).

I don't think there's a single bit I dislike (yes, even Lud's Gate that everyone moans about and Caves of Kaliya, which is misunderstood by many).

As you say it's stunning in places. I find it so beautiful and rich in diversity, and ambitious. We go everywhere and experience everything TR in this game - hot, cold, jungle, snow, inside, outside, day, night, high-tech, modern, ancient, vehicles of all sorts, dinosaurs in trees fgs, weird other creatures, strange contraptions. The list goes on and on.

Tbh, it kind of makes the modern TRs look a bit tame....................

I've said this many times before, but this is the one I'd really like to see a remake of in full modern day graphics and with some new gaming mechanics too. I think it would be truly awesome.

But would probably take a long time to develop and they don't have the appetite for remakes anyway I think.

Yes, TR3 is kind of a pinnacle of TR.

RequiredField 04-07-19 22:01

What platform did you play it on?

My opinions: this is one of those game that simulates reality pretty well apart from all the sci-fi stuff, etc.
Why is that? Play on PS1 with limited saves or even better - do a no-save run. It will then show you how fragile human life is and how careful one should be when e.g. going on a trip to the mountains - would you come unprepared and kept on sprinting instead of walking and being careful? I doubt it. :)
I wish that someone did a somewhat boring but an eye-opening playthrough when they walk casually rather than running and enjoy the scenery rather than rushing through and complaining about graphics. Especially since I consider PS1 version to be graphically superior to PC even though it has Z-buffering problems and a low resolution.

perudja 22-07-19 20:51

Tomb Raider III

I completed it on PSP go, game is very dark most of the time but levels are amazing.Madubu Gorge is my favourite :jmp: