Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Linoshi Croft 03-02-12 20:48

Doesn't have to be on her neck :vlol: It could be placed upon the journal.

larafan25 03-02-12 20:49

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;5953917]Doesn't have to be on her neck :vlol: It could be placed upon the journal.[/QUOTE]

But if she doesn't have the journal, plus a closeup of her collar would be neat.

klona 03-02-12 20:51

^ Do you want something like TRU's cover but the leg part is cropped? :p

Love2Raid 03-02-12 20:52

[QUOTE=Rai;5953887]:tmb:

Or, at the very least have Lara in the distance during some action. I'd rather not have a pic of Lara's face close up or a full body shot, it's been done so much for TR.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! It's overdone, if they want to show that they are going in a whole new direction they wont put her there. I would put her on the back, somewhere, while keeping the front minimalistic.

larafan25 03-02-12 20:52

[QUOTE=klona;5953927]^ Do you want something like TRU's cover but the leg part is cropped? :p[/QUOTE]

I just want her collar bones and the necklace.

The front can be clean Lara, the back can be ****ed up Lara.

tombstone 03-02-12 20:53

it could just be simple and only have the TOMBRAIDER title and the background be black, just an idea ._.

larafan25 03-02-12 20:55

I'd love (if she gets it back) one of the covers for a later game to be a closeup of her backpack with stuff hanging off, and a map sticking out, etc...

Linoshi Croft 03-02-12 20:56

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;5953930]Exactly! It's overdone, if they want to show that they are going in a whole new direction they wont put her there. I would put her on the back, somewhere, while keeping the front minimalistic.[/QUOTE]

However, looking at how much time and effort has gone into showing of Lara and not the game...I think they'll go with her on the cover.

Lukass 03-02-12 21:13

[QUOTE=Spong;5953866]Why? You think she looks attractive? I don't think she does, not to say that the render is horrible or anything, but she's definitely not a looker. Not that I think she ever was in the older games either.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say she looks attractive, but she's definitely not terrible. Average girl you can meet in town. That's what I'm saying. She's not like "Holy ****, she has terrible face" or whatever.

Love2Raid 03-02-12 21:15

[QUOTE=tombstone;5953934]it could just be simple and only have the TOMBRAIDER title and the background be black, just an idea ._.[/QUOTE]
Yes, something like that. Maybe with some grungy effects to make it look muddy/dirty. Or a shot from the beach area with the wrecks. Just not Lara and definitely not her huge face I would hate that.
[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;5953943]However, looking at how much time and effort has gone into showing of Lara and not the game...I think they'll go with her on the cover.[/QUOTE]
True. But I think that that was just the first part of the campaign, the rest will probably focus more on the game itself. Now that they can share more about it... When you think about it, all games so far had her on the cover. It would be a bold statement to do it differently this time.

Charlie91 03-02-12 21:26

[QUOTE=Lukass;5953994]I didn't say she looks attractive, but she's definitely not terrible. Average girl you can meet in town. That's what I'm saying. She's not like "Holy ****, she has terrible face" or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Lara's face is average. It's Lara...

Lukass 03-02-12 21:30

[QUOTE=Charlie91;5954026]I don't think Lara's face is average. It's Lara...[/QUOTE]

Excuse me? :confused: Average means "normal" - not beautiful nor terrible. So I don't get what you're saying.

Charlie91 03-02-12 21:32

[QUOTE=Lukass;5954034]Excuse me? :confused: Average means "normal" - not beautiful nor terrible. So I don't get what you're saying.[/QUOTE]

She has beautiful face.

Lukass 03-02-12 21:36

[QUOTE=Charlie91;5954039]She has beautiful face.[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about the new Lara? Because I remember you said she's not Lara Croft anymore. So it seems you have changed your opinion. Still, she's not super-model, she's average girl to me now and I like it. She doesn't need to be sex-symbol.

Charlie91 03-02-12 21:42

[QUOTE=Lukass;5954044]Are we talking about the new Lara? Because I remember you said she's not Lara Croft anymore. So it seems you have changed your opinion. Still, she's not super-model, she's average girl to me now and I like it. She doesn't need to be sex-symbol.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember I say she is not Lara. My opinion is still the same... She is not the old Lara I love, she is new Lara I like and I'm looking forward to her new adventure. I don't say she is sex-symbol, I'm also glad that she is not Barbie anymore... But her face is really very nice... It's difficult to say somebody looks "normal" - to look normal means to have a pair of eyes, nose and mouth... but every person have diferent shapes. And Lara got really prety ones:)

Lukass 03-02-12 21:43

[QUOTE=Charlie91;5954055]I don't remember I say she is not Lara. My opinion is still the same... She is not the old Lara I love, she is new Lara I like and I'm looking forward to her new adventure. I don't say she is sex-symbol, I'm also glad that she is not Barbie anymore... But her face is really very nice... It's difficult to say somebody looks "normal" - to look normal means to have a pair of eyes, nose and mouth... but every person have diferent shapes. And Lara got really prety ones:)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see.

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 04:10

[QUOTE=Spong;5953821]^The back cover is okay, but the front looks like a cartoon to me.[/QUOTE]

:hug:

This one is perfect yet-
[IMG]http://2.im6.fr/0122012204327692-c2-photo-oYToxOntzOjU6ImNvbG9yIjtzOjU6IndoaXRlIjt9-fiche-jeux-tomb-raider.jpg[/IMG]

This could be a good alternative-
[IMG]http://jeuvideo.afjv.com/press_1105/110530_tombe_3.jpg[/IMG]

:)

tombstone 04-02-12 04:21

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;5954892]:hug:

This one is perfect yet-
[IMG]http://2.im6.fr/0122012204327692-c2-photo-oYToxOntzOjU6ImNvbG9yIjtzOjU6IndoaXRlIjt9-fiche-jeux-tomb-raider.jpg[/IMG]

This could be a good alternative-
[IMG]http://jeuvideo.afjv.com/press_1105/110530_tombe_3.jpg[/IMG]

:)[/QUOTE]

yes yes plz i want this:jmp::jmp::cln:

Spong 04-02-12 09:00

[QUOTE=tombstone;5953934]it could just be simple and only have the TOMBRAIDER title and the background be black, just an idea ._.[/QUOTE]

This gets my vote. Picture it on a shelf in a shop with all the other games, a black slab with just the TR9 logo would stand out a mile :tmb:

klona 04-02-12 13:18

Like this one? :D
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HRpGaUL-L._AA300_.jpg[/IMG]

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 13:30

[QUOTE=klona;5955123]Like this one? :D
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HRpGaUL-L._AA300_.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Hell [SIZE=7][B]NO[/B][/SIZE].

Miharu 04-02-12 13:37

[QUOTE=Spong;5954997]This gets my vote. Picture it on a shelf in a shop with all the other games, a black slab with just the TR9 logo would stand out a mile :tmb:[/QUOTE]

I agree simple is better. And tomb raider is such a recognised franchise that if a gamer came into a shop and saw just the words: "Tomb Raider" he's already intrigued by the lack of a woman with big titties on the front cover, so he moves forward and checks the back of the box and bam he's sold!

Spong 04-02-12 13:43

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HRpGaUL-L._AA300_.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Replace the PS3 flash with a 360 one and you're good to go :tmb::p
Although I'd prefer the red & white logo, and I'd put it more towards the top.

[QUOTE=Miharu;5955143]I agree simple is better. And tomb raider is such a recognised franchise that if a gamer came into a shop and saw just the words: "Tomb Raider" he's already intrigued by the lack of a woman with big titties on the front cover, so he moves forward and checks the back of the box and bam he's sold![/QUOTE]

Exactly :tmb:

Love2Raid 04-02-12 13:50

That looks so cool!

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 14:08

BTW, Meagan posted this on last December 16 on Official Forum-
[QUOTE]Hey all!

I've got a stack of segment ideas I plan to record for the Crystal Habit Podcast, but I'm interested in hearing from you! What topics would you like us to dive into on the show?

Keep in mind, the "Take Five" segment answers pressing questions specifically about Tomb Raider. I'm looking more for general topics that interest you in regards to working at the studio and the process of making a video game. Feel free to be forward-looking however.[B] Once we've announced the VO talent for Lara, I'd love to have her on the show for example.[/B]

Let me know your thoughts! [/QUOTE]

As she said they might bring the new VO talent soon they might reveal her in early 2012, means February/March.

Spong 04-02-12 14:12

^From that quote, where are you getting "they might reveal her in early 2012, means February/March" from? There's no mention of any dates or even a time frame :confused:

MyRaider4Life 04-02-12 14:18

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7t0lm.png[/IMG]

I still want this as the cover. [SIZE="1"]/shameless advertising[/SIZE]

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 14:22

[QUOTE=Spong;5955183]^From that quote, where are you getting "they might reveal her in early 2012, means February/March" from? There's no mention of any dates or even a time frame :confused:[/QUOTE]

Assuming that they will not bring her in podcast after the game release. As the game is releasing in Fall 2012, Combat revealed in E3 2012, Karl's comment on 'May Sux' means nothing at May so we might hear her voice in a podcast April/May. That's how February/March idea came from. :)

Mikky 04-02-12 17:48

Surely they're gonna have to give us something new before this month's podcast, right? I mean, I can't think of what else they could possibly talk about this month. Karl's prom night? 0_o

Spong 04-02-12 17:50

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;5955204]Assuming that they will not bring her in podcast after the game release. As the game is releasing in Fall 2012, Combat revealed in E3 2012, Karl's comment on 'May Sux' means nothing at May so we might hear her voice in a podcast April/May. That's how February/March idea came from. :)[/QUOTE]

That's seems like quite a stretch of logic, but okay.

[QUOTE=Mikky;5955710]I can't think of what else they could possibly talk about this month. Karl's prom night? 0_o[/QUOTE]

I'm sure some people here would probably love that :p

klona 04-02-12 17:52

[QUOTE=Spong;5955150]Replace the PS3 flash with a [B]360[/B] one and you're good to go :tmb::p
Although I'd prefer the red & white logo, and I'd put it more towards the top.

Exactly :tmb:[/QUOTE]

The 360 can die and burn. :p
Red and White logo is fine... but it still feels empty...

Mikky 04-02-12 17:55

[QUOTE=Spong;5955722]That's seems like quite a stretch of logic, but okay.[/QUOTE]

+1

Although I still think we must be getting something soon.

[QUOTE=Spong;5955722]I'm sure some people here would probably love that :p[/QUOTE]

:vlol:! I wouldn't be too surprised if they announced something [B]in[/B] the podcast, e.g VA. :p

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 17:56

[QUOTE=klona;5955731][B]The 360 can die and burn.[/B] :p
Red and White logo is fine... but it still feels empty...[/QUOTE]

Yes. :D
But CD is in love with 360 DLC. :pi:

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 17:59

[QUOTE=Spong;5955722]That's seems like quite a stretch of logic, but okay.
[/QUOTE]

Good lord you finally agreed. :D

[QUOTE=Mikky;5955739]
:vlol:! I wouldn't be too surprised if they announced something [B]in[/B] the podcast, e.g VA. :p[/QUOTE]

If in the podcast, then they will skip the part they announce her name. We still can hear her interview but no name. :p

EDIT: Damn double post. :( :(

Mikky 04-02-12 18:18

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;5955757]Good lord you finally agreed. :D[/QUOTE]

That wasn't an agreement at all. :vlol:

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;5955757]If in the podcast, then they will skip the part they announce her name. We still can hear her interview but no name. :p

EDIT: Damn double post. :( :([/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean they'd bleep out the name like they did last time with that character? That wouldn't be much of an announcement then. :p

tombstone 04-02-12 18:20

@KLONA THAT actually looks amazing O_O

lcroft_lc 04-02-12 18:21

[QUOTE=Mikky;5955831]That wasn't an agreement at all. :vlol:[/QUOTE]

Oh dear. :o

[QUOTE=Mikky;5955831]
Oh, you mean they'd bleep out the name like they did last time with that character? That wouldn't be much of an announcement then. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I mean. At least they announced Lara's dear. :p

larafan25 05-02-12 00:08

I really hope this game is full of enjoyable gameplay and no hand-holding.

I've been replaying Legend and playing UC3 recently...and OH BOY.

Sometimes in UC3 you notice too well, how the design of something has been compromised by the cinematic experience. Also, that moment in Legend Peru, when you exit the nook with the glowing purple blob, and the camera just say "Hey, so these r ur enemies, ur gunna go this way, in case u didn't no i sho u".

No. :/

I'm really afraid of the whole cinematic thing lately, a little too claustrophobic.

Stevo505 05-02-12 00:15

[QUOTE=larafan25;5956678]I really hope this game is full of enjoyable gameplay and no hand-holding.

I've been replaying Legend and playing UC3 recently...and OH BOY.

Sometimes in UC3 you notice too well, how the design of something has been compromised by the cinematic experience. Also, that moment in Legend Peru, when you exit the nook with the glowing purple blob, and the camera just say "Hey, so these r ur enemies, ur gunna go this way, in case u didn't no i sho u".

No. :/

I'm really afraid of the whole cinematic thing lately, a little too claustrophobic.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing UC3 for the first time now, and I agree. I hate how during puzzle-solving, after a while they'll just tell you exactly what to do. And I hate how the camera pans to show you where to go. Often you are being rushed and don't have time to enjoy the scenery.

Mikky 05-02-12 00:17

Um... Survivor's Instinct. Isn't that, like, the ultimate "hand-holding" tool? :whi: