www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

JsotoTRSaga 17-11-12 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526287)
I live in Greece, I'm happy enough to be able to get video games released on the same day as the rest of the world :p !

Oh well that's a relief then :p
@lukass what about.the poster and the artbook? Those sound interesting but.... Yes at 100$ is just too expensive.

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 6526290)
Oh well that's a relief then :p

Yeah I guess :p .

I don't really have that much problem with pre-ordering it from the UK (which is I guess the closest available pre-order area to me) but it will take too much time to come and I haven't pre-ordered a game before, not to mention ordered anything from abroad before so I'm kind of hesitating.

But anyway, I never really understood the concept of pre-ordering so I don't really care :p ...

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6526288)
I agree with LNSNHGTDS. The special editions aren't nothing special. Yeah, the map is nice, but I'm not paying 100 for a bloody map. The figure is awful, the iron thingies...well, no, thanks. The litograph...um, ok I can live without it. It's just nothing interesting. I'm buying just the standard version of the game.

That line is grammatically wrong. :ton:
Correct line 1: The special editions are nothing special.
Correct line 2: The special editions aren't anything special.

:) :D :hug:

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 07:15

^ How random :p !

JsotoTRSaga 17-11-12 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526293)
^ How random :p !

Lol I was about to say that, lack of a new TR Game for 4 years make randomness happen everywhere hopefully it will be over by next year :p

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526293)
^ How random :p !


I'm bored that there is nothing new and this section is quite dead. :(

Lukass 17-11-12 07:18

^ Yes, it is dead, because you are here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526292)
That line is grammatically wrong. :ton:
Correct line 1: The special editions are nothing special.
Correct line 2: The special editions aren't anything special.

:) :D :hug:

Coming from you? :vlol:

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 6526295)
Lol I was about to say that, lack of a new TR Game for 4 years make randomness happen everywhere hopefully it will be over by next year :p

Yes I hope that March doesn't take too much time to come :p !

I like to consider myself very lucky that I have other stuff to keep me occupied and feel the gap :p !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526296)
I'm bored that there is nothing new and this section is quite dead. :(

Oh don't worry, I feel the same every time I visit TRF :hug: :p !

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6526297)
Coming from you? :vlol:

You can consider myself a teacher. But yeah, that's because of spending too much of my time with Spong. ;)

Lukass 17-11-12 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526301)
Yeah, that's because of spending too much of my time with Spong. But you can consider myself a teacher. ;)

You? A teacher? Heh, never!

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526298)
Oh don't worry, I feel the same every time I visit TRF :hug: :p !

We deserved a new trailer. 107 days left until the release. Maybe they will celebrate it on 100 days until release time. :jmp:

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526303)
We deserved a new trailer. 107 days left until the release. Maybe they will celebrate it on 100 days until release time. :jmp:

I certainly hope so! Otherwise I don't see anyone remembering what Tomb Raider is until release date... I mean apart from the fans!

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6526302)
You? A teacher? Heh, never!

Don't worry. I will not take a single penny from you. :hug:

Lukass 17-11-12 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526303)
We deserved a new trailer. 107 days left until the release. Maybe they will celebrate it on 100 days until release time. :jmp:

Magherd! I feel like the shot of Lara climbing with the axe is from the second gameplay trailer :D

scremanie 17-11-12 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526304)
I certainly hope so! Otherwise I don't see anyone remembering what Tomb Raider is until release date... I mean apart from the fans!

Wut?

Of course people will still recognise the game from now up until release. The advertising is still strong, and growing. Now that the pre-order incentives are being released, the public are taking notice of the game, and with that same public putting down their money for said pre-orders, it's only going to keep their interests growing. They'll be following the game more often now, ensuring that the product they've already bought a piece of, is worth that money.

Which it is.

Stevo505 17-11-12 08:39

I certainly hope there will be a trailer before the launch trailer...

Tommy123 17-11-12 08:41

I thought they said we could be seeing more combat in action before the end of the year...perhaps a combat trailer?

Stevo505 17-11-12 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy123 (Post 6526339)
I thought they said we could be seeing more combat in action before the end of the year...perhaps a combat trailer?

Hmm maybe. Story trailer, combat trailer, traversal trailer (?) and then launch trailer?

scremanie 17-11-12 08:47

Or, just a launch trailer?

What's with the sudden obsession with spoiling everything before release?

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 6526344)
Or, just a launch trailer?

What's with the sudden obsession with spoiling everything before release?

Yes, I'd be happy with just the launch trailer.

Concerning trailers we've already gotten what we should expect trailer-wise.

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 09:31

  • Story Trailer
  • Traversal Trailer
  • Combat Trailer
  • Island Locations Trailer
  • Launch Trailer

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526355)
  • Story Trailer
  • Traversal Trailer
  • Combat Trailer
  • Island Locations Trailer
  • Launch Trailer

Keep the red ones and throw the rest out. Seriously, do we need so many trailers :p ?!

scremanie 17-11-12 11:23

No. Just no.

Lukass 17-11-12 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526355)
  • Story Trailer
  • Traversal Trailer
  • Combat Trailer
  • Island Locations Trailer
  • Launch Trailer

You want way too much, bro.

klona 17-11-12 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6526355)
  • Traversal Trailer
  • Launch Trailer

Perfect.

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 11:50

Why would we need a whole trailer for traversing :confused: ?!

I can see why you would want a segment of a trailer to show that feature but a whole trailer for just taht?

Peep Show 17-11-12 11:56

I want a combat trailer.

leglion 17-11-12 11:58

CD was always good with combat. I'm not really worried about that. I need some sort of puzzle/traversal trailer. But for the puzzle i want them to edit out anything that would spoil it when I'm playing.

Peep Show 17-11-12 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526427)
CD was always good with combat. I'm not really worried about that. I need some sort of puzzle/traversal trailer. But for the puzzle i want them to edit out anything that would spoil it when I'm playing.

Boo are you serious? TR's combat has always been terrible so I really want it too be good this time and it does look promising so far.

leglion 17-11-12 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6526431)
Boo are you serious? TR's combat has always been terrible so I really want it too be good this time and it does look promising so far.

Well in comparison to other games, yes. But i think we can all agree that with the constraints CD had to go with the classic style combat, they improved a lot on it. Plus the parachute demo proves it's pretty good.

scremanie 17-11-12 12:18

The combat was handled fine. It was never a big emphasis in the game, which it never should be.

leglion 17-11-12 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 6526438)
The combat was handled fine. It was never a big emphasis in the game, which it never should be.

I think the combat, exploration, and puzzle need to be equalized. Too much of any can get boring.

Lukass 17-11-12 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526427)
CD was always good with combat.

:vlol:

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 6526438)
The combat was handled fine. It was never a big emphasis in the game, which it never should be.

That must become the tagline of all future TR games!

lcroft_lc 17-11-12 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526405)
Keep the red ones and throw the rest out. Seriously, do we need so many trailers :p ?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6526417)
You want way too much, bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6526421)
Perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526423)
Why would we need a whole trailer for traversing :confused: ?!

I can see why you would want a segment of a trailer to show that feature but a whole trailer for just taht?

I don't want all of those. But SE needs to show more trailers for selling the game. And they did it for Hitman: Absolution. For example: SE shows Absolution trailers with in-game footages:
  • Disguise Trailer
  • Tools/weapons trailer (Tools of the Trade)
  • Locations Trailer (Living Breathing World)
  • Kill Trailer (Showing lots of kills)
  • A new game mode trailer (Introducing Contracts)
  • Ultimate Assassin Trailer (More like a second gameplay trailer)
  • Launch Trailer
Also they have released plenty of behind the scenes footage.

Or like Far Cry 3, which already shows 11 trailers with in-game footage, and yet more to come.

While following those other titles, I feel like we haven't get much yet. :)

leglion 17-11-12 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6526474)
:vlol:

I don't know how obvious it was to you but i was speaking from personal experience. Thus the use of "I" throughout the post. ~Puff Puff~ http://fotpforums.com/images/smilies/6qjx4w.jpg

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526525)
I don't know how obvious it was to you but i was speaking from personal experience. Thus the use of "I" throughout the post. ~Puff Puff~ http://fotpforums.com/images/smilies/6qjx4w.jpg

Wait... what :p ???

All I did was agree with the fact that not much emphasis should be given to the combat. I agree to waht you said, that the combat was handled fine by CD, yet I still don't really care since the game is not about combat.

Why did you become all old-lady-staring-you-from-head-to-toe-ish :p ?

leglion 17-11-12 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6526527)
Wait... what :p ???

All I did was agree with the fact that not much emphasis should be given to the combat. I agree to waht you said, that the combat was handled fine by CD, yet I still don't really care since the game is not about combat.

Why did you become all old-lady-staring-you-from-head-to-toe-ish :p ?

Wrong quote. Edited. :p

LNSNHGTDS 17-11-12 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526531)
Wrong quote. Edited. :p

Oh :p .

klona 17-11-12 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 6526438)
The combat was handled fine. It was never a big emphasis in the game, which it never should be.

I know right?
the game should be
75% Exploration and Puzzles combined
25% Shooting


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.