Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

2001LC20 16-08-18 21:06

[QUOTE=Aikon;7950941]Tbh I think jaguars should be like the Xenomorph in Alien Isolation.
That was one hell of AI better to not mess around with :D
It would add a lot to the atmosphere and play style IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Preach!

Legends 16-08-18 21:08

[QUOTE=Samz;7950931]This reboot has been patheticly easy for me honestly[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]For me too. It's just a shoot'em up and take cover kind of gameplay. I never struggle with the tombs or finding the way to go either and I honestly expect that I will have no trouble at all when I set all the difficulty settings to hard on my first playthrough of Shadow. All it will do it slow it down, which I kinda don't want. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Benlo 16-08-18 21:14

Tomb Raider- reboot era- is not the only easy one among today games.

Most of AAA games on the markert are easy to play and to run, hard difficuty being actually the normal difficulty from ten years ago. And indie's games tend to be the real tricky games.

That's why I'm planning to play Shadow in Deadly Obsession on my first run, to add more challenge.

Samz 16-08-18 21:15

[QUOTE=Legends;7950946][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]For me too. It's just a shoot'em up and take cover kind of gameplay. I never struggle with the tombs or finding the way to go either and I honestly expect that I will have no trouble at all when I set all the difficulty settings to hard on my first playthrough of Shadow. All it will do it slow it down, which I kinda don't want. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

In an ideal world, the puzzle settings would work like Silent Hill's were the puzzles get tougher, unfortuantly, Shadow's is pretty much just Survival Instinct on/off, but now you have COLOUR CODED survival instinct, which I won't say anymore on other than you'd need to be what Lara calls Larson in Chronicles to need it if the last two games were any indication and finally being able to shut the mantadory hints off in puzzles.

Honestly I find the fact people call this "Innovation" surreal, we had mantadory hints (though they at least weren't as obnoxious) in Legend, people complained, then in the Anniversary we had the optional Journal, which sometimes gave hints, then Underworld added a PDA with the option for a Vague hint and a Spoiler hint, I consider optional hints a better thing then pasting a colour effect on puzzle objects, For some baffleing reason (probably since alot of Crystal left in Underworld) TR2013 (in what I can only imagine is doing its best impression of that scene in the Lost world "I'm not making the same mistakes again!" "no, no (facepalm) you're, you're making all new ones!") does the same stuff, but also worse honestly.

Too many human enemies in Legend? (Which had supernatrual bosses and empowered humans who fought uniquely)

How about even more in 2013 and the two bosses just being literally the same enemy with different health values and also being boring cookie cutter bosses?

They're literally repeating the mistakes and it took a DEVELOPER CHANGE to [I]Potentially [/I] (because the game isn't out yet) fix them.

[QUOTE=Benlo;7950951]Tomb Raider- reboot era- is not the only easy one among today games.

Most of AAA games on the markert are easy to play and to run, hard difficuty being actually the normal difficulty from ten years ago. And indie's games tend to be the real tricky games.

That's why I'm planning to play Shadow in Deadly Obsession on my first run, to add more challenge.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, its why I hate it, its all for "Casual gamers" (or as a friend of mine would call them, Non-Gamers) we're lucky if the people who actually want challenge are taken into consideration, everything has to be a power-trip fantasy, 2013 was one and was blatant about it with stuff like the Teleporting grenade Launcher scene. (Just look at the endless SJW's saying how Lara isn't sexulaized now and how she's now ONLY JSUT a strong independant woman because of this really terribly directed scene!), Tomb Raider used to be Challenging and that was one of the selling points for me.

WWETombRaider 16-08-18 21:20

[QUOTE=Nausinous;7950902]Really?

:vlol:

When did gamers standards get so low?[/QUOTE]

Compared to the iffiness of the merc AI both in the demo and previous games, it's much better than what has been shown already. So a step up I guess.

Legends 16-08-18 21:26

[QUOTE=Samz;7950953]In an ideal world, the puzzle settings would work like Silent Hill's were the puzzles get tougher, unfortuantly, Shadow's is pretty much just Survival Instinct on/off, but now you have COLOUR CODED survival instinct, which I won't say anymore on other than you'd need to be what Lara calls Larson in Chronicles to need it if the last two games were any indication and finally being able to shut the mantadory hints off in puzzles.

Honestly I find the fact people call this "Innovation" surreal, we had mantadory hints (though they at least weren't as obnoxious) in Legend, people complained, then in the Anniversary we had the optional Journal, which sometimes gave hints, then Underworld added a PDA with the option for a Vague hint and a Spoiler hint, I consider optional hints a better thing then pasting a colour effect on puzzle objects, For some baffleing reason (probably since alot of Crystal left in Underworld) TR2013 (in what I can only imagine is doing its best impression of that scene in the Lost world "I'm not making the same mistakes again!" "no, no (facepalm) you're, you're making all new ones!") does the same stuff, but also worse honestly.

Too many human enemies in Legend? (Which had supernatrual bosses and empowered humans who fought uniquely)

How about even more in 2013 and the two bosses just being literally the same enemy with different health values and also being boring cookie cutter bosses?

They're literally repeating the mistakes and it took a DEVELOPER CHANGE to [I]Potentially [/I] (because the game isn't out yet) fix them.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]Haha, yes they are kind of like John Hammond in The Lost World world. (I love that movie btw) "You're making all new ones!" That's actually very clever! I liked that.

It's crazy that they should have a 'perfect' game in 2013 with everything they should have learned from the past games. Instead they keeping making all new mistakes instead of correcting the old ones. Then after a while everything becomes a mess because there's too much to fix. Which is where we're at now.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hazelphoenix 16-08-18 21:27

[QUOTE=Aikon;7950941]Tbh I think jaguars should be like the Xenomorph in Alien Isolation.
That was one hell of AI better to not mess around with :D
It would add a lot to the atmosphere and play style IMHO.[/QUOTE]

What a masterpiece of a creature. Almost looked like a real living being, and it was scary as ****. When you heard those loud foot stomps in the deadly silence surrounding you... Jesus take the wheel. During the very first encounter I remember hiding my character in one of the lockers for like 3 hours lmao

Tbh I like the jaguar’s behaviour, especially when it jumps on the tree to make Lara fall, that’s pretty decent. But yeah, it could still benefit from an Alien isolation type of AI. Truth be told, I think it was pretty hard to implement.

New Dwight 16-08-18 21:33

[QUOTE=Benlo;7950951] And [B][I]indie's[/I][/B] games tend to be the real tricky games.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for appreciating us! :tmb:

Aikon 16-08-18 21:38

[QUOTE=Hazelphoenix;7950965]What a masterpiece of a creature. Almost looked like a real living being, and it was scary as ****. When you heard those loud foot stomps in the deadly silence surrounding you... Jesus take the wheel. During the very first encounter I remember hiding my character in one of the lockers for like 3 hours lmao[/QUOTE]

Yeees, I used to hide in the lockers as well :D
In one occasion it caught me even there :vlol:

just*raidin*tomb 16-08-18 21:42

[QUOTE=amiro1989;7950927]I laughed too. It makes me laugh how it actually walks on the side allowing it to be like a walking target.[/QUOTE]

It's realistic though. I think the AI for the Jaguar is more interesting than the humans too. The way it hides and pounces and claws is exactly how a cat acts. :confused:

I honestly don't like killing these animals though. I'll only kill them if I have to.