www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

charmedangelin 06-04-20 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombraider95 (Post 8183748)
So is a silencer.

The bow can still be an unlockable weapon that people can use, but for Lara's gear it doesn't make sense to me to keep it around.

Pretty much, the logic of Lara going around the world with a bow makes zero sense now. She only used it because it's all she had, but now that she is older and more experienced she doesn't need it. If they want it as an Easter egg unlockable then fine, but as a main weapon for her it doesn't make sense.

This is what would make sense.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...4414118282.jpg

pharaea 06-04-20 18:52

Except putting her in a sexy crop top and hot pants is just about as ludicrous and vapid as it gets.

There's no need to take away her bow. Even better ó make the duals unlockable in new game +. You can't expect the people who don't care about duals to keep supporting the cause if you'll go against your own logic to try and take our bow. It's beyond cheeky.

Apparently your logic is "screw realism ... unless it comes to her bow because **** other fans". I don't get it. Also: Silencers don't actually silence the shots fired. They're quieter, but you'll still hear them. Look it up.

charmedangelin 06-04-20 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaea (Post 8183916)
Except putting her in a sexy crop top and hot pants is just about as ludicrous and vapid as it gets.

There's no need to take away her bow. Even better — make the duals unlockable in new game +. You can't expect the people who don't care about duals to keep supporting the cause if you'll go against your own logic to try and take our bow. It's beyond cheeky.

Apparently your logic is "screw realism ... unless it comes to her bow because **** other fans". I don't get it. Also: Silencers don't actually silence the shots fired. They're quieter, but you'll still hear them. Look it up.

There is nothing vapid about that outfit, my point is that from a story perspective it makes zero sense to carry on with the bow. At some point she has to mature from it and embrace what she is, the Tomb Raider brave adventurer Lara Croft.

I don't mind the axes staying, I think they are good iconography to keep to her as those are what's most memorable. Look at the cosplay of reboot Lara, most people just find a random twig and make a bow out of that, but they focus entirely on the axes. They are then most iconic part of reboot Tomb Raider and why I think ditching the bow would be perfectly acceptable as a main weapon.

Cheeky? Duals as an unlockable would not work, they are part of her trademark in every era. Letting go of the bow would be a physical sign of Lara's maturity.

I have not said **** other fans, you need to calm down. I explained why the axes are a much more memorable trademark for reboot Lara then the bow.

It was Roth after all that gave her the iconic red axe and it is those axes that reboot fans embrace. That's why they make the most sense in her iconography.

Also that picture is using reboots desert tangtop, it's just paired with shorts for a more consistent maturity into a familiar character.

pharaea 06-04-20 19:18

It's also cropped just under the chest. Which goes against the "realistic" angle you're suddenly advocating for. If her outfit doesn't have to make sense to us, her bow doesn't have to make sense to you. Besides, duals and bows can coexist from the start of the game. Why try to take the bow away from fans who like it when we are literally trying to help y'all get your duals back?

Maturing has nothing to do with which weapon Lara should go for. In the last two games, players were basically taught not to use the rifles or guns on humans (anytime you do, they mow you down in .5 seconds) but go the silent route. Guns create a psychological distance that will end up making Lara more brutal. You can cause great damage with zero effort using guns, meanwhile you have a good 20 seconds to think about what you're doing when you use a bow. If anything, the bow would be the more "mature" weapon. Violence and gore is not tantamount to maturity.

And tbh, I don't want to see a heartless, brutal Lara ever again.

charmedangelin 06-04-20 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaea (Post 8183928)
It's also cropped just under the chest. Which goes against the "realistic" angle you're suddenly advocating for. If her outfit doesn't have to make sense to us, her bow doesn't have to make sense to you. Besides, duals and bows can coexist from the start of the game. Why try to take the bow away from fans who like it when we are literally trying to help y'all get your duals back?

Maturing has nothing to do with which weapon Lara should go for. In the last two games, players were basically taught not to use the rifles or guns on humans (anytime you do, they mow you down in .5 seconds) but go the silent route. Guns create a psychological distance that will end up making Lara more brutal. You can cause great damage with zero effort using guns, meanwhile you have a good 20 seconds to think about what you're doing when you use a bow. If anything, the bow would be the more "mature" weapon. Violence and gore is not tantamount to maturity.

And tbh, I don't want to see a heartless, brutal Lara ever again.

Where are you getting that I'm talking about realism, I don't give a **** about realism. I'm talking about the ****ing story God damnit. Jesus Christ you are ****ing pressed for a fight aren't ya?

From a ****ing narrative/STORY perspective it makes sense for her to mature beyond to bow. I'm not talking about ****ing realism, get a ****ing grip.

It does because the bow was something young Lara clinged to for survival but she is past the survival phase now, thus it makes sense for a change.

That's your opinion, but classic Lara was hardly heartless. I think you just ready for a fight because I see you egging other posters on here. Don't try me now.

pharaea 06-04-20 19:40

Yeah see, I'm not gonna dignify that with a response.

I'm gonna stick with what I said. Give us the bow and the duals from the start of the game so people can choose what they want to use. Case closed, everyone should be happy (unless the main goal is making people unhappy which is gross anyway).

charmedangelin 06-04-20 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaea (Post 8183943)
Yeah see, I'm not gonna dignify that with a response.

I'm gonna stick with what I said. Give us the bow and the duals from the start of the game so people can choose what they want to use. Case closed, everyone should be happy (unless the main goal is making people unhappy which is gross anyway).

Because you don't have an answer, you have been acting like a real pain all day today. I explained myself twice and you continue to make up a bunch of ****. I even wrote a long post explaining what I meant and you acted like you didn't read it at all.

God if you aren't part of the toxic reboot squad then good God.

Vaskito 06-04-20 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharaea (Post 8183943)
Yeah see, I'm not gonna dignify that with a response.

I'm gonna stick with what I said. Give us the bow and the duals from the start of the game so people can choose what they want to use. Case closed, everyone should be happy (unless the main goal is making people unhappy which is gross anyway).

Some people just live to find something to be unhappy about, and thatís really it. Keeping the bow and bringing the duals is the best compromise, but no sir. The haters canít work with compromise and instead want to take over everything.

pharaea 06-04-20 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8183947)
Some people just live to find something to be unhappy about, and thatís really it. Keeping the bow and bringing the duals is the best compromise, but no sir. The haters canít work with compromise and instead want to take over everything.

I've noticed. I've been advocating for a compromise from the start, and tbh, it'd be the best option right now (along with making the challenge tombs less dependant on the bow, ie think of more complex puzzles that don't rely on any weapon).

Tombraider95 06-04-20 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8183908)
Pretty much, the logic of Lara going around the world with a bow makes zero sense now. She only used it because it's all she had, but now that she is older and more experienced she doesn't need it. If they want it as an Easter egg unlockable then fine, but as a main weapon for her it doesn't make sense.

This is what would make sense.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...4414118282.jpg

Yeah that would have been a realistic progression. If only!

I wouldn't go on about it to pharaea as they can't seem to have a conversation without getting defensive and misinterpreting what you're saying.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.