Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

jajay119 16-03-18 20:57

Where is it confirmed it takes place in 2015?

Isaac 16-03-18 21:00

I guess it's just a question of chronology. By the end of Rise, Mexico is hinted at and she's seen departing.

Would be weird if she has done nothing for 3 years lol.

JuditePrince12 16-03-18 21:00

On the trashy magazine in the beginning. At the top it has the exact same date the game released. :p

JsotoTRSaga 16-03-18 21:03

Exactly @JuditePrince12 :tmb:

[QUOTE=Isaac;7836642]I guess it's just a question of chronology. By the end of Rise, Mexico is hinted at and she's seen departing.

Would be weird if she has done nothing for 3 years lol.[/QUOTE]

The comics explain what she's been up to.

Also the pre rise comics also explain the events that took place the year after yamatai. One year was the comics (2014) and in 2015 she goes to Kitezh. It makes a lot of sense considering the events in the comics couldn't have really happened in less than a year, plus the ten thousand immortals book.

WWETombRaider 16-03-18 21:05

So it's taking place regularly in 2017?

Emix 16-03-18 21:07

I honestly can't believe that Lara is 23 in Rise. She just doesn't look 23 in any way.

She is so serious and kinda boring.

WWETombRaider 16-03-18 21:10

As long as she's not younger than me, I can accept that. For some odd reason, I can't deal with being older than Lara. It's too weird for me.

Isaac 16-03-18 21:11

[QUOTE=Emix;7836651]I honestly can't believe that Lara is 23 in Rise. She just doesn't look 23 in any way.

She is so serious and kinda boring.[/QUOTE]

While I do appreciate a light-hearted nature (like Legend Lara and Chloe Frazer) let's not forget Lara will be in the middle of the jungle surrounded by probably undead soldiers, armed militaries and so on. It's really hard to crack a smile when she's still not fully experienced. Anniversary Lara was quite boring too, even if she tried hard to be sassy tbh.

I expect a light-hearted nature when she grows older and more used to her adventures.

Emix 16-03-18 21:15

[QUOTE=WWETombRaider;7836653]As long as she's not younger than me, I can accept that. For some odd reason, I can't deal with being older than Lara. It's too weird for me.[/QUOTE]

??

Why tho? I am older than her and i don't have a problem with that. It's just a game character.

I am just confused about what CD wants exactly. I know that she has some issues and that her childhood was kinda ruined and that she had to grow up faster than some other kids but still... for 23y.o. woman she is just too serious and boring. I especially noticed this after replaying ROTTR few days ago. It's starts to bother me.

TheShadowOfMe 16-03-18 21:16

[QUOTE=WWETombRaider;7836653]As long as she's not younger than me, I can accept that. For some odd reason, I can't deal with being older than Lara. It's too weird for me.[/QUOTE]

If Lara was 23 in Rise, she'll be 26 in Shadow.

Which means, Lara is 1 year older than me. :cln: