www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

2001LC20 18-06-18 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7910621)
I think that it's: "The Maya: Life, Myth and Art" by Timothy Laughton.
Might be an older book.

I might check it out too! My English is not the best tho :)

jajay119 18-06-18 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daring Do (Post 7910623)
A headpiece is way easier to lose! From all the falling and climbing she does, that headpiece could fall off and be lost in a second. A walkie talkie attached to her belt is a lot harder to lose and more sturdy in general. Dirt and water in a headpiece? Itís not gonna work.

I guess you're right but I just meant more that considering the amount of 'hands on' stuff she does being able to talk whilst doing something would be much easier to achieve without the need to stop and create dedicated 'let's get the walkie out' time. I the major reason Legend had the best told story of any game CD ever did was because a lot of it was done over the headset as you were playing and not shoehorned into notes or cutscenes all the time.

kathrynnn 18-06-18 20:23

Quote:

Might be an older book.

I might check it out. That kind of stuff interests me!!:p

Lara_Fan1 18-06-18 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daring Do (Post 7910623)
A headpiece is way easier to lose! From all the falling and climbing she does, that headpiece could fall off and be lost in a second. A walkie talkie attached to her belt is a lot harder to lose and more sturdy in general. Dirt and water in a headpiece? Itís not gonna work.

Did you play Legend? Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7910614)
Yeah I didn't even like this about Rise. A walkie is far too easy to lose in the conditions that Lara is in - I Would have preferred them bring back the headpiece that she had in Legend. It's not invasive as long as it's used sparingly.

Yeah, I would prefer the headset back. I liked that on her, a lot more than a walkie talkie.

TrustyBow 18-06-18 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 7910598)
One thing I did notice in the demo was how Lara was talking on her Walkie Talkie to Jonah, had her hand up to her mouth yet her Walkie was still attached to her belt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daring Do (Post 7910606)
It's been a long day for her

Lol!

Quote:

Might be an older book.

Thanks for sharing. Might have to check this out.

Emix 18-06-18 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7910625)
I might check it out too! My English is not the best tho :)

I have the book translated to my language.
Pictures are so big and beautiful, i am slayed. It's so interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathrynnn (Post 7910632)
I might check it out. That kind of stuff interests me!!:p

You definitely should. If this stuff interest you. It's great.
But i just started reading it. Don't want to rush it.

2001LC20 18-06-18 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7910635)
I have the book translated to my language.
Pictures are so big and beautiful, i am slayed. It's so interesting.

You definitely should. If this stuff interest you. It's great.
But i just started reading it. Don't want to rush it.

Is there a place where i can buy it digitally? Sorry i am not really into books actually :o

Emix 18-06-18 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7910648)
Is there a place where i can buy it digitally? Sorry i am not really into books actually :o

I am really not sure, sorry.
I have paper book, i actually had it at my home for years now and forgot about it until few days ago i noticed the book and said to myself: This is what i am reading next. And it's mostly because of Shadow. Lmao

Daring Do 18-06-18 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7910628)
I guess you're right but I just meant more that considering the amount of 'hands on' stuff she does being able to talk whilst doing something would be much easier to achieve without the need to stop and create dedicated 'let's get the walkie out' time. I the major reason Legend had the best told story of any game CD ever did was because a lot of it was done over the headset as you were playing and not shoehorned into notes or cutscenes all the time.

I get what you mean, but I personally think a walkie talkie is more practical for reboot Laraís lifestyle (eg falling off cliffs and waterfalls lol). IMO I like collecting journals for story, but thatís just me. I get why people arenít fans of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 7910633)
Did you play Legend? Lol.

Twice actually. Itís one of my favorite TRs. Just because another TR did it doesnít magically make it a practical idea.

jajay119 18-06-18 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daring Do (Post 7910654)
I get what you mean, but I personally think a walkie talkie is more practical for reboot Laraís lifestyle (eg falling off cliffs and waterfalls lol). IMO I like collecting journals for story, but thatís just me. I get why people arenít fans of it.

I'm fine with collecting the journals I just wish they would carry on as you play the game; with so many of them I hate having to sit in the menu screen and wait for them to finish.