www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

robm_2007 26-06-18 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7914643)
I liked the grapple, but the current iteration is kinda more "realistic" (obviously it wouldn't work in real life, but it has a realistic feel to it, unlike the magnetic grapple, where metal surfaces would be waiting for you on centenary tombs)

Changing the axe on a rope to a grapple on a rope would work the same way. Didn't mean going back to the overly scripted/magnetic nature of the LAU grapple.

Though of course UNchartEd has a grapPLe hurr durr y cnt u stop stealing from tham//???? would ensue, as if they even created the grapple, "did it first" or whatever.

Yeauxleaux 26-06-18 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 7915713)
Though of course UNchartEd has a grapPLe hurr durr y cnt u stop stealing from tham//???? would ensue, as if they even created the grapple, "did it first" or whatever.

I really want to make a collection of dated classic and LAU gifs I can throw at Uncharted fans who try this ****.

AntRaidsTombs 26-06-18 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 7915713)
Changing the axe on a rope to a grapple on a rope would work the same way. Didn't mean going back to the overly scripted/magnetic nature of the LAU grapple.

Though of course UNchartEd has a grapPLe hurr durr y cnt u stop stealing from tham//???? would ensue, as if they even created the grapple, "did it first" or whatever.

lol this made me laugh so hard because when I saw the second part I automatically thought of that Spongebob meme

Soma Holiday 26-06-18 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 7915638)
It was the original concept for Tomb Raider reboot. Lara would be trapped on an island with terrifying creatures and had to protect a companion little girl. She also had a horse. And the game would be open world. It was always about Lara origin story.

Ah ok, i wasn't sure if it was another rebooted game with her already experienced like legend or an origin story. She looks awfully tough in those concepts to be new to tomb raiding. Glad it wasnt open world i really dont want that for TR.

Leon2703 26-06-18 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 7915713)
Changing the axe on a rope to a grapple on a rope would work the same way. Didn't mean going back to the overly scripted/magnetic nature of the LAU grapple.

I prefer an actual grapple too. Itís just so cool, I loved it in the LAU trilogy, TRA one looked better, specially hanging from her belt.

I wish they had kept more gameplay mechanics from Legend and Anniversary in the reboot. They had a more fun platforming and traversal etc. imo.

Samz 26-06-18 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon2703 (Post 7915789)
I prefer an actual grapple too. Itís just so cool, I loved it in the LAU trilogy, TRA one looked better, specially hanging from her belt.

I wish they had kept more gameplay mechanics from Legend and Anniversary in the reboot. They had a more fun platforming and traversal etc. imo.

Yeah the grapple is nowhere near as useful in Rise, and the rope arrows are pretty much a water-down heavily scripted version of some of the grapples functionality (Like how in Underworld you could wrap the cable around stuff, like to knock down that block in Mexico or how Legend let you grapple people in combat.)

Vaskito 26-06-18 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 7915713)
Changing the axe on a rope to a grapple on a rope would work the same way. Didn't mean going back to the overly scripted/magnetic nature of the LAU grapple.

Though of course UNchartEd has a grapPLe hurr durr y cnt u stop stealing from tham//???? would ensue, as if they even created the grapple, "did it first" or whatever.

I thought you meant LAUs magnetic grapple

NoahCrofRaider 26-06-18 12:45

Iím lowkey hoping this subforum gets closed for now, or some members get temporarily banned. The toxicity, shade, and creepiness here is remarkably horrendous.

JsotoTRSaga 26-06-18 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7916033)
Iím lowkey hoping this subforum gets closed for now, or some members get temporarily banned. The toxicity, shade, and creepiness here is remarkably horrendous.

How antagonistic, how does this add to the discussion?

amiro1989 26-06-18 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 7916039)
How antagonistic, how does this add to the discussion?

Perhaps, it's a good call for everyone to review our posts and be careful that we don't get personal with people.

Let's respect each other's opinions and not instigate anything. Don't take it personally, just be sure to be as concise as possible in your post without adding some instigating comments.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.