www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

_TombExplorer_ 09-11-19 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryke (Post 8150378)
I meant tombraiderxii and Daniel I am sorry to mention your name. And TombRaider95 it's good that you are not a mod because you admit you like taking sides.

When I mean help people out...that mean no other work from another soul should enter your project. Beta testing, asking a question about how to do something, etc questions?...duh.

Daniel you made the animations for tombraiderxii's intro. Okay that's perfectly fine. But if this was a competition you and him would be disqualified. That's called...a competition. And Daniel I heard you whining earlier about a review which I didn't expect from you but you tried to cover it up in the end.

If a time limit was established... "I think I'm going to keep working on my South Pacific level for this competition" - LoreRaider (sorry)...Disqualified. Literally the first reply.

I'm not saying anything was wrong with this competition it was great. Lots of variety. I got to replay some of my most favorite Tomb Raider areas, great competition, you all enjoyed yourself....okay. So...next time how you about we improve on the competition as a whole. And stricter rules need to be upheld imo. AgentXP came up with a great idea. Idk how these other competitions in the past were held honestly. But still if you want to make it more fair for the competitors (imo) you must consider making rules like only a new level can be built from the start of the competition, you cannot make anything for another competitors level, beta testing to make sure everything works and the level is passable no other notes (If something is broken spot and mark it and that's all)...that's really it...and you all get upset about that? Gurl bye.

This is my last post here because you all still won't get it. Back to TRLE.net for me, where the voting should have taken place...

My eyes are bleeding. Literally.
This is a COMMUNITY for a reason. We help eachother when we can. Even in competitions: we have the right to lend an hand to people, new or old, because we still have a lot to learn from the editor. I speak for myself, I started building for the first time some months ago.
And I swear that even if I started to build for this competition few weeks before the deadline(I just worked for 2 weeks), I learnt A LOT from the editor by just joining and trying to build this level. The point I'm trying to make is that we join the competition to improve our own skills, and if we don't manage to do something(especially if we are new and the tutorials are a bit difficult to understand), we ask some helping hand.
So what is the need of refusing to help someone? Is this to win? Totally not. In the end, the whole community(the person who refused to help is also included!) will lose the chance to play a potential very good level. Also, there is no prize for the competition, just to remark that this is just for fun. But by what you have been writing for the past 2 weeks, I guess you just don't understand the meaning of the word "Community". A dictionary could help, and that is a suggestion.

Thank god this will be your last post, no more troll drama :p

DJ Full 09-11-19 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryke (Post 8150378)
TombRaider95 it's good that you are not a mod because you admit you like taking sides

Lol what an arrogant insult... Because staying neutral is always the correct thing, pfffft...
Yeah let's "not take sides" when we have fun and commitment on one side vs nitpicking and bureaucracy on another.

Sabatu 09-11-19 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryke (Post 8150378)
I meant tombraiderxii and Daniel I am sorry to mention your name. And TombRaider95 it's good that you are not a mod because you admit you like taking sides.

When I mean help people out...that mean no other work from another soul should enter your project. Beta testing, asking a question about how to do something, etc questions?...duh.

Daniel you made the animations for tombraiderxii's intro. Okay that's perfectly fine. But if this was a competition you and him would be disqualified. That's called...a competition. And Daniel I heard you whining earlier about a review which I didn't expect from you but you tried to cover it up in the end.

If a time limit was established... "I think I'm going to keep working on my South Pacific level for this competition" - LoreRaider (sorry)...Disqualified. Literally the first reply.

I'm not saying anything was wrong with this competition it was great. Lots of variety. I got to replay some of my most favorite Tomb Raider areas, great competition, you all enjoyed yourself....okay. So...next time how you about we improve on the competition as a whole. And stricter rules need to be upheld imo. AgentXP came up with a great idea. Idk how these other competitions in the past were held honestly. But still if you want to make it more fair for the competitors (imo) you must consider making rules like only a new level can be built from the start of the competition, you cannot make anything for another competitors level, beta testing to make sure everything works and the level is passable no other notes (If something is broken spot and mark it and that's all)...that's really it...and you all get upset about that? Gurl bye.

This is my last post here because you all still won't get it. Back to TRLE.net for me, where the voting should have taken place...

Really? All the drama for this? I've been participating in official Competition by Frictional Games ( Creators of Penumbra series, Amnesia The Dark Descent and SOMA). We were on discord sharing and helping each other with scripts and telling someone what you should do differently. Even some members from FG helped us. I did not win, but I end up in second place and I was rewarded by Cd-Key for their upcoming game :)

You seem to me like this is Presidential election. @AgentXp, please can you rename this competition. Secret projects, no talking to each other. Ohh god you should be banned if you say someone that this texture is not fitting.

I do not want to sound rude, but this is just for fun omg. This is not an Olympic game or something where you need to stick strictly to the rules.

Telling someone that he should be disqualified is really rude in my opinion.
Same as on TRLE forum. I do not understand how can someone just telling someone those words. We are making this for fun. We know the rules. AgentXP knows the rules. And if I am aware, she knew that we are talking about it on Discord and TRF. She said nothing against it.

This is probably everything I wanted to say about this whole situation because people like you are the reason why I want to stop making levels.

This is like reviews on my levels. Some people told me that I should do a different theme for level that I am making Egypt. You know I love Egypt and I can tell that I am not bad with Egypt theme. I ain't telling that don't want to make a different theme, but I am certain that it will not be good as the theme that I am confident with. ...

So no need to reply to this post. I just needed to say those things :) Just don't want to make another drama.

Sorry for my English :) Have a Nice Day :)

Matie 09-11-19 08:28

@Stryke: have you ever participated in a BtB competition at trle.net? People win prizes yes, but they all help each other all the way through and it's marvelous (just like in CaC). It gives newbies a chance to improve and experienced builders can learn so much from each other as well. There is simply no downside to it, period. These are all friendly competitions that contribute towards maintaining a healthy community.

Tombraider95 09-11-19 08:29

^^^ :tmb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Full (Post 8150421)
Lol what an arrogant insult... Because staying neutral is always the correct thing, pfffft...
Yeah let's "not take sides" when we have fun and commitment on one side vs nitpicking and bureaucracy on another.

Lool it's a good thing he's not a mod either because we'd all be banned for not following the rules apparently. :vlol:

But it's okay they've gone now. We can carry on having a good time. :titaklikestocreate:

Teone 09-11-19 08:39

nvm solved!

Patrick star 09-11-19 09:22

Just finished Vacation , and it's just an amazing level :tmb: I can't find a single fault about it (except maybe the lack of enemies in the first half compared to the abundance of ammo and medipacks) , overall such a lovely mixture of Alexandria and Cairo , one that captures TR4's essence brilliantly !

Off to Puna's revenge :D

klona 09-11-19 10:54

Holy ****ing **** Stryke
ur so cringe

people can call this whatever they want

look around you, you're the only one complaining now

yes, we help each other in competitions (whats wrong with that anyway? happens in masterchef from time to time)

if you dont like how our community works then find another

you've done nothing but sour this COMPETITION

LoreRaider 09-11-19 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryke (Post 8150378)
If a time limit was established... "I think I'm going to keep working on my South Pacific level for this competition" - LoreRaider (sorry)...Disqualified. Literally the first reply.

If you're mad at this get over it, because my level it's released and I'm so, so much proud of what I worked on for 4 months, probably something you'll never feel
That being said I hope to never see you again in here :wve:

Baslakor 09-11-19 12:13

Ok guys, I think he got the point! :vlol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.