www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Yeauxleaux 31-07-18 23:59

The closed-off exclusive gameplay demo events are weird enough tbh. Nothing "transparent" about that either really, but who's to question it I guess?

https://s33.postimg.cc/9bwdkmitb/Krystal_3.gif

just*raidin*tomb 01-08-18 00:02

Ughhhh. It makes me have a bad feeling about the game. I'm so worried. Less about the game quality and more about it's success...

Princess_Paige 01-08-18 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7939910)
The closed-off exclusive gameplay demo events are weird enough tbh. Nothing "transparent" about that either really, but who's to question it I guess?

https://s33.postimg.cc/9bwdkmitb/Krystal_3.gif

Only have to wait until the 10th to find out all about it though

2001LC20 01-08-18 00:11

They have to advertise the game this month! Or it will be eaten alive by Spiderman and Spyro.
I feel like they are spending all the money on exclusive events in exclusive places for exclusive people! I have an exclusive gif for that, nevermind...

iWANEX 01-08-18 00:29

Rise came after the HUGE success of TR2013 so even with the MS deal, micro transactions and the lack of proper promotion from MS, it managed to be in the top 3 of most successful TR games.

Iím not sure Shadow will have that luck tbh. The promotion has been even worse and itís coming after Riseís up and downs. Not to mention itís the 3rd game of its kind and gamers demand novelty these days. Iím not sure it can reach Riseís numbers but I can guarantee you that it wonít sell as much as TR2013.

They only have ONE MONTH to promote the game and I already feel like itís too late. I donít feel the hype at all and it seems like they donít even care. If I wasnít a hardcore fan I wouldnít even know this game is coming out. Specially with all the highly anticipated games that will be released in September and October.

A new TR game should feel like a huge deal to everyone and a massive event. Instead, by not promoting it they are sending gamers the message that we are not in front of an amazing game they are proud of and that we can wait and buy it when it gets cheaper (Black Friday, etc).

SE and EM, give me the material and Iíll promote the hell out of this game for free. Iím serious. I could do a much better job and Iíve never studied marketing.

NoahCrofRaider 01-08-18 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7939919)
Rise came after the HUGE success of TR2013 so even with the MS deal, micro transactions and the lack of proper promotion from MS, it managed to be in the top 3 of most successful TR games.

Iím not sure Shadow will have that luck tbh. The promotion has been even worse and itís coming after Riseís up and downs. Not to mention itís the 3rd game of its kind and gamers demand novelty these days. Iím not sure it can reach Riseís numbers but I can guarantee you that it wonít sell as much as TR2013.

They only have ONE MONTH to promote the game and I already feel like itís too late. I donít feel the hype at all and it seems like they donít even care. If I wasnít a hardcore fan I wouldnít even know this game is coming out. Specially with all the highly anticipated games that will be released in September and October.

A new TR game should feel like a huge deal to everyone and a massive event. Instead, by not promoting it they are sending gamers the message that we are not in front of an amazing game they are proud of and that we can wait and buy it when it gets cheaper (Black Friday, etc).

SE and EM, give me the material and Iíll promote the hell out of this game for free. Iím serious. I could do a much better job and Iíve never studied marketing.

I agree with all you said.

They were so smart with the marketing at first; showing a teaser if you saw the movie, having a release date where weíd get some media and all of that, but then itís like they fired the good marketing manager and replaced him/her with some noob that wanted to troll fans or something.

Yeauxleaux 01-08-18 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7939919)

J'adore your enthusiasm, it's endearing, but you do realise the amount of money and access to resources that promoting an AAA game internationally requires?

Not that I have any better ideas. This is an abomination of a promotional campaign. I've never seen anything like it :confused:

iWANEX 01-08-18 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7939924)
J'adore your enthusiasm, it's endearing, but you do realise the amount of money and access to resources that promoting an AAA game internationally requires?

Not that I have any better ideas. This is an abomination of a promotional campaign. I've never seen anything like it :confused:

The same amount of money they used for these super secret mega exclusive events that very few people have access to, is my best guess. All that money could be used to create better online content: videos, behind the scenes, BETTER TRAILERS, more than one ****ing render (wtf is up with that?).

I also just realized that except for the Paititi video, everything theyíve put online has been just small teasers, from the stupid 30 seconds dev videos to the last ones they released. What is going on? Why all this incomplete stuff? Whose idea was this and who approved this, because I have a few words to say to him/her.

I donít get it. I wish they would say something about this, and I hope the answer is not because MS has the marketing rights and their hands are tight. They knew what MS did with Riseís promo. Thereís not excuse for this ****.

2001LC20 01-08-18 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7939929)
The same amount of money they used for these super secret mega exclusive events that very few people have access to, is my best guess. All that money could be used to create better online content: videos, behind the scenes, BETTER TRAILERS, more than one ****ing render (wtf is up with that?).

I also just realized that except for the Paititi video, everything theyíve put online has been just small teasers, from the stupid 30 seconds dev videos to the last ones they released. What is going on? Why all this incomplete stuff? Whose idea was this and who approved this, because I have a few words to say to him/her.

I donít get it. I wish they would say something about this, and I hope the answer is not because MS has the marketing rights and their hands are tight. They knew what MS did with Riseís promo. Thereís not excuse for this ****.

I agree! I don't have any idea what's happening anymore and why the actual **** do they show people incomplete stuff so far? There would be more hype even just with that! Especially TERRIBLE E3 oh god...
No one said graphics were bad for the demos they have played so no excuse! Just why? Do you want people to thrash your game?

It makes me bang my head to the wall how they don't have any idea of handling stuff! At least they showed pretty good trailers for Rise lol.

just*raidin*tomb 01-08-18 01:14

I know you feel iWANEX. It's almost heartbreaking. :o

It really feels like community isn't part of this. And that whoever is in charge of marketing is asleep at the wheel. But whatever.