www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

just*raidin*tomb 25-08-12 04:07



This is so much better than the original gameplay trailer. ;_ ;

italibabee 25-08-12 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6398498)
[youtube]bEMZOXtoC8E

This is so much better than the original gameplay trailer. ;_ ;



o.o

Stevo505 25-08-12 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6398441)

And that is why I joined TRF <3

tomee 25-08-12 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6398429)
[youtube ]4u-l0zZXaeM[/youtube]

I think I'm a heartless monster or something, but I don't miss that unused theme at all.

Stevo505 25-08-12 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6398566)
I think I'm a heartless monster or something, but I don't miss that unused theme at all.

Me neither. It was depressing and boring. Not what I want to hear when I play Tomb Raider.

SpyrosMonster 25-08-12 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6398416)
I think everything she says is pretty obvious already so I don't see any harm in it unless you just don't like the talking, which I can understand.

I'm just saying I don't like the "I can use this" or at the bow hub when she says "Wait there's a bow. I can use that" I mean ok we get it but I don't want her to be like that all the time... I like her when she talks because she's scared and all but that's it..

This one is just flawless I like it even more than the theme! I'm going to be so pissed if it doesn't make it into the game!


Tonyrobinson 25-08-12 13:01

Just imagine how soon we would have had the game had the date not changed. :p

_Tomb_Raider 25-08-12 13:03

^ IKR? That tracks just give's me life!
I still remember when we got the first podcast and we knew nothing too much about the game and then we heard that track and I was like :cln::cln:

Unfortunately, I don't think that it will be in the game because the guys who did it left the project or something...

Linoshi Croft 25-08-12 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6398772)
I'm just saying I don't like the "I can use this" or at the bow hub when she says "Wait there's a bow. I can use that" I mean ok we get it but I don't want her to be like that all the time... I like her when she talks because she's scared and all but that's it..

This one is just flawless I like it even more than the theme! I'm going to be so pissed if it doesn't make it into the game!


I LOVE THIS.

Before it properly kicks in, it sounds like something of the descent.

Anja 25-08-12 13:54

Hey guys I just realized this:
In a Q&A it was said that there will be a boss battle in the game.However we know that there won't be any supernatural creatures in the game.So I am a bit confused, what in the world can the boss battle be?Since it is a boss it needs to more then just a human or wolf you'll kill trough the game.What do you think?What could the boss be?

Lukass 25-08-12 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja (Post 6398839)
Hey guys I just realized this:
In a Q&A it was said that there will be a boss battle in the game.However we know that there won't be any supernatural creatures in the game.So I am a bit confused, what in the world can the boss battle be?Since it is a boss it needs to more then just a human or wolf you'll kill trough the game.What do you think?What could the boss be?

A bear? A huge pack of wolves? I dunno...

Anja 25-08-12 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398849)
A bear? A huge pack of wolves? I dunno...

I don't have an idea either and find it very weird tbh

Evan C. 25-08-12 14:27

Zombie underpuss :D

italibabee 25-08-12 14:37

Maybe it is a supernatural monster and they're just lying to us.
:pi:
Doubt it, but I absolutely love those monsters in the early concept.
T-T

Lukass 25-08-12 14:37

I still think there's gonna be some monsters or something, because I remember one interview in which someone said "There are wolves, deers, bunnies, scavenger and...(laugh)...


So there's still a chance...

SpyrosMonster 25-08-12 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398873)
I still think there's gonna be some monsters or something, because I remember one interview in which someone said "There are wolves, deers, bunnies, scavenger and...(laugh)...


So there's still a chance...

http://www.designofsignage.com/appli...hand-cross.jpg

Lukass 25-08-12 14:44

If I only knew in which interview it's been said.

Evan C. 25-08-12 14:47

But, wouldn't that going back to the easy once again? Lara can't be taken seriously if she keeps fighting against inmortal gods. Besides, isn't enough traumatic already the all game theme to having to add monsters to make it challenging?
I think Lara deserves a good nemesis, because the bad guy always is the other side of our character. If you have to kill a giant turtle...well, it's supernatural, but it's also stupid. Now, if the main antagonist is a sun of a bitch, who makes you feel really, really bad, make you feel scary, sad and means a real challenge, that's something else, without the need of having supernatural elements. An example? : The Joker.
So, I hope that if there's a "boss batle" it's something more about the climax than the "shoot on the weak spot" thingy. We are big enough to overcome that.

Lukass 25-08-12 14:53

There must not be any immortal gods, no one said anything like that. There could be mutants, you don't know a thing about the island and what happened there. Karl said that the island was beautiful and wonderful place at times, something went wrong on the island (army experiments or whatever) so we can't really say what kind of enemies are going to be in the game. The scavengers and wolves are certaily not the only ones.

Evan C. 25-08-12 14:57

Yup, but we are not talking about enemies, we are discussing boss fights. As long there's a logical explanation behind those, I am ok. I simply don't want everything solves with supernatural elements, that's all. She is a ciencist for god's sake -_-

Lukass 25-08-12 15:10

And bosses are not enemies? :confused:

Underhoe 25-08-12 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398879)
If I only knew in which interview it's been said.

If I remember right it was in the Tomb Raider panel thingy at E3. The awkward guy said that line, I clearly remember it, too. Let's hope monsters will appear, human enemies are boring.

Lukass 25-08-12 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6398927)
If I remember right it was in the Tomb Raider panel thingy at E3. The awkward guy said that line, I clearly remember it, too. Let's hope monsters will appear, human enemies are boring.

Not to mention the scavengers look all the same :rolleyes: I can't accept just scavengers and wolves...there must be more enemies.

Underhoe 25-08-12 15:19

I remember an old article which mentioned some weird humanoid creature with flaming hands, or something like that.

Only TR lover 25-08-12 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398930)
Not to mention the scavengers look all the same :rolleyes: I can't accept just scavengers and wolves...there must be more enemies.

:(:( Hope so. I really want lots of different enemies 'cause same enemies all the times can make a game really repetitive.

trfanX34 25-08-12 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6398927)
If I remember right it was in the Tomb Raider panel thingy at E3. The awkward guy said that line, I clearly remember it, too. Let's hope monsters will appear, human enemies are boring.

It was in the Nerd HQ panel at Comic-Con

Anja 25-08-12 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398930)
Not to mention the scavengers look all the same :rolleyes: I can't accept just scavengers and wolves...there must be more enemies.

Yeah, this is really bothering me.And it is quite possible that there won't be any other enemies since CD's TRs don't have much variety in enemies. :(

Underhoe 25-08-12 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6398944)
It was in the Nerd HQ panel at Comic-Con

Ah, whatever.

Lukass 25-08-12 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6398939)
I remember an old article which mentioned some weird humanoid creature with flaming hands, or something like that.

It was way back, in the first wave of magazines. Some gaming journalits visited Crystal and they have seen some concept art on which was scavenger or some humanoid like you said and it was spitting fire or something. Also they've seen something like a chain-saw like weapon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only TR lover (Post 6398941)
:(:( Hope so. I really want lots of different enemies 'cause same enemies all the times can make a game really repetitive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja (Post 6398945)
Yeah, this is really bothering me.And it is quite possible that there won't be any other enemies since CD's TRs don't have much variety in enemies. :(

I know :/ for example Alan Wake is superb game, but the Taken became boring after one hour :/ hope this is not the case.

Underhoe 25-08-12 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398959)
It was way back, in the first wave of magazines. Some gaming journalits visited Crystal and they have seen some concept art on which was scavenger or some humanoid like you said and it was spitting fire or something. Also they've seen something like a chain-saw like weapon.

That's it, yep. :eek: Let's hope they didn't scrap the idea...

Only TR lover 25-08-12 15:35

@Lukass - Alan Wake... :/ You're right. :(

Lukass 25-08-12 15:38

@ Underhoe/ Only TR lover: Fingers crossed.

I wish there were bears, hard to hunt and hard to kill. Just imagine to be in the forest in the middle of the night and trying to kill a bear with the axe :vlol: or shoot it with the fire arrow...burning bear running around the forest :vlol:

_Tomb_Raider 25-08-12 15:44

F%U#K YOUTUBE and copyright's!! All day I spend uploading that god damn Tomb Raider 800mb video just for them to say, "your video has been blocked worldwide"... Like WTF! :hea::hea::cen::cen:

Lukass 25-08-12 15:46

Those bastards! :mad:

trfanX34 25-08-12 16:00

Why did you try with YT again though? They already blocked your video once.

FearEffect 25-08-12 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6398986)
F%U#K YOUTUBE and copyright's!! All day I spend uploading that god damn Tomb Raider 800mb video just for them to say, "your video has been blocked worldwide"... Like WTF! :hea::hea::cen::cen:

Did u change the name of your video ?

_Tomb_Raider 25-08-12 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfanX34 (Post 6399008)
Why did you try with YT again though? They already blocked your video once.

Erm what...?


Quote:

Originally Posted by FearEffect (Post 6399011)
Did u change the name of your video ?

No help. :(

klona 25-08-12 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6398959)
spitting fire or something.

I remembered TR2 Flame Throwers. ;-;

Lukass 25-08-12 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6399020)
Erm what...?




Luddick :vlol:

_Tomb_Raider 25-08-12 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6399023)
Luddick :vlol:

:vlol: omg, the best part is, that I didn't write it on purpose.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.