www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WadTool - a modern WadMerger and TRViewer replacement (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223525)

Krystian 09-10-19 14:17

Wow, this is really a solid piece of work. Especially on the animation editor, the real-time sound and anim command preview is fantastic! For most TRLE purposes the toolset provided will allow for making very HQ animations already and creating animations in some 3rd party software like 3ds Max may even become obsolete for the most part! :D

I just have one small request for future updates... It would be amazing if you could create a small feature that could aid the animating process. It's just a small tool that creates mirrored versions of animations for objects that have a symmetrical mesh tree structure (so, Lara, for instance). With this implemented it would be perfect! :D

TokyoSU 09-10-19 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystian (Post 8137439)
Wow, this is really a solid piece of work. Especially on the animation editor, the real-time sound and anim command preview is fantastic! For most TRLE purposes the toolset provided will allow for making very HQ animations already and creating animations in some 3rd party software like 3ds Max may even become obsolete for the most part! :D

I just have one small request for future updates... It would be amazing if you could create a small feature that could aid the animating process. It's just a small tool that creates mirrored versions of animations for objects that have a symmetrical mesh tree structure (so, Lara, for instance). With this implemented it would be perfect! :D

like vehicle/pushblock/kickdoor etc.. that require lara ?
nice idea :D

Krystian 09-10-19 15:41

I was thinking about literally mirroring animations on the X axis so you can easily make a left-sided variant of a right-sided animation, so things like shimmy animations for example. Very small thing but VERY useful to animators ;)

But support for multi-object animating would be another thing on a wishlist, however I imagine this may be harder to implement. It can wait :D

Nemo20 09-10-19 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwmte (Post 8137384)
Yes, unfortunately, texturing/vertex remapping/normals recalculating business, as well as any other face-based or vertex-based editing is a bit complex to implement from the ground up.

For now, workaround for this is you can texture, remap vertices, apply shiny attribs and blending modes etc in strpix, save your wad and import it in WadTool.

Good Idea :tmb:
I definitely test the tool. Possibly. I also like it so much that I like to accept the additional work. Thanks for the great work with TE and the tools.
I love TE. The TE is the reason why i'm build again.

Reggie 09-10-19 16:19

Amazing work. Thank you to you and the rest of the team for helping sustain and advance this community. I look forward to seeing what can be achieved with this!

Letsmakeghost 22-10-19 19:30

Hi all

Does anyone know why I am getting this error when trying to open a level in WAD Tool

Unknown game version 0x633455254

Thank you.

SrDanielPonces 22-10-19 19:40

why do you want to open a level in wadtool? is it yours?

Joey79100 22-10-19 19:56

(what's funny is that it is exactly the same code as in WADMerger)

This is because you're trying to open an encrypted level. That means the author didn't want anyone opening his level, so he encrypted it.

sapper 23-10-19 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8143041)
(what's funny is that it is exactly the same code as in WADMerger)

That's because it is the first four bytes of the encrypted TR4 file.

0x63345254 = "TR4c" backwards

Regular TR4 file would be 0x00345254 ie "TR4null".

Letsmakeghost 23-10-19 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper (Post 8143179)
That's because it is the first four bytes of the encrypted TR4 file.

0x63345254 = "TR4c" backwards

Regular TR4 file would be 0x00345254 ie "TR4null".

Thank you. I am so new at this. Does one of your tools allow for these levels to be decrptyed so WADS can be extracted? I see your tools listed. Not sure which one to go with.

Thank you