Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

motoleo 08-05-13 15:34

Remember this? This would've been the perfect place to swan dive from.

[IMG]http://i39.************/316p0l1.jpg[/IMG]

[Xmas] 08-05-13 16:33

Tell me about it :(

motoleo 08-05-13 16:41

Before: [IMG]http://i39.************/dy6uzq.jpg[/IMG]

After: [IMG]http://i43.************/2qinr5t.jpg[/IMG]

amiro1989 08-05-13 22:40

Just reached the part where Lara is looking for first aid kits, after the parachute sequence... Enjoying it so far. The idea of TR being more action oriented grew a bit more on me.... The game is definitely gorgeous. The VA has grown on me too... I still think someone could make a better job than Camilla Luddington, but she's really really really far from being a bad voice actress. I blame the person who directed her more than anything else.

motoleo 08-05-13 22:42

I went back to the Endrance looking for Lara's iPhone. I didn't find it. But I did find a purple octopus doll.

Valentino 08-05-13 22:52

[QUOTE=motoleo;6778426]I went back to the Endrance looking for Lara's iPhone. I didn't find it. But I did find a purple octopus doll.[/QUOTE]

That octopus is meant to be a reference to the one in Underworld isn't it? Hence all the stuffing coming out the head.

Spong 08-05-13 22:53

[QUOTE=Valentino;6778442]That octopus is meant to be a reference to the one in Underworld isn't it? Hence all the stuffing coming out the head.[/QUOTE]

The Kraken in Underworld wasn't made from foam ;)

:p

Ardent Pizza 08-05-13 23:13

CeyDey missed so many chances, in my opinion. They are good. They are cewl. But I trust in them and I know they could reach perfection if they would try to see and understand. THe lines between self-adulation, logic and effort are fragile and blurry.

You know, I want the exploration not to be story based, like character exploration and ****, but I want it to be implemented in the game itself. D: I think some of the stuff CD promised was all story related. Of course there was some exploration in this game but it wasn't enough for me. Crazay.

D:

Same goes for the survivor aspects. To a certain degree Lara was a survivor in the cutscenes but a crazay, oh deer lawd, living rocket launcher while playing her. A survival game with a "heal over time system" is not a survival game.

CD, do you listen?

They need to find da balance. Moar self determination as a player and less scripted oranges. We need more freedom and larger areals.

I love the new TR, but the sequel could be so much better if CeeDee would find their inner "Guardian of Light".

Maybe there is someone, o-mah-gawd, maybe something that holds them back.

D:

:OMG:

LENGuin 09-05-13 13:44

[QUOTE=Ardent Pizza;6778473]CeyDey missed so many chances, in my opinion. They are good. They are cewl. But I trust in them and I know they could reach perfection if they would try to see and understand. THe lines between self-adulation, logic and effort are fragile and blurry.

You know, I want the exploration not to be story based, like character exploration and ****, but I want it to be implemented in the game itself. D: I think some of the stuff CD promised was all story related. Of course there was some exploration in this game but it wasn't enough for me. Crazay.

D:

Same goes for the survivor aspects. To a certain degree Lara was a survivor in the cutscenes but a crazay, oh deer lawd, living rocket launcher while playing her. A survival game with a "heal over time system" is not a survival game.

CD, do you listen?

They need to find da balance. Moar self determination as a player and less scripted oranges. We need more freedom and larger areals.

I love the new TR, but the sequel could be so much better if CeeDee would find their inner "Guardian of Light".

D:

:OMG:[/QUOTE]

Are you drunk?

motoleo 09-05-13 14:01

[QUOTE=Spong;6772604]If it was just the one guy running at you, I'd agree. But it's not like that. You're thinking in terms of just that one guy while, in the meantime, a load of other Scavengers are repositioning and shooting at you while you're distracted.[/QUOTE]

Loads of times I'm just like, "WHO's SHOOTING?!"

Ardent Pizza 09-05-13 14:17

[QUOTE=LENGuin;6778939]Are you drunk?[/QUOTE]

How rude. Just because I expressed myself in an unconventional and eccentric way doesn't indicate I am drunk.

Lawd.

People are always scared of the unknown.

Back to topic:

I just wanted to say that CD might have the potential to create an awesome Tomb Raider that follows the old school fundaments but also offers a modern gaming experience. I think they missed so many chances to create something unique and outstanding. For example, the side tombs were an great idea and they added something to the gameplay but they were just too small and boring. They could do better.

Lara_Fan1 09-05-13 14:18

^

You sound like The TRProphecy or whatever that profile was.

Spong 09-05-13 14:19

[QUOTE=Ardent Pizza;6778998]People are always scared of the unknown.[/QUOTE]

Or very suspicious of the strangely familiar. Like when a new member appears and starts posting exactly like an old member :pi:

LarasFan 09-05-13 14:21

[QUOTE=Spong;6779007]Or very suspicious of the strangely familiar. Like when a new member appears and starts posting exactly like an old member :pi:[/QUOTE]

More like 3 other members :pi: But I won't say names.

Ardent Pizza 09-05-13 14:21

-.-

Why does everyone tell me I remind them of someone I don't know. Please. It's annoying and stupid.

Could you please enlighten me who these members are?

Lara_Fan1 09-05-13 14:23

He/she is a sad pathetic person, with no life who comes on here to just troll. :)
An by the looks of your profile, I can say that the boot fits perfectly.

LarasFan 09-05-13 14:23

[QUOTE=Ardent Pizza;6779010]-.-

Why does everyone tell me I remind them of someone I don't know. Please. It's annoying and stupid.

Could you please enlighten me who these members are?[/QUOTE]

I said no names ;) It's not that's a bad thing, it's just, you act kinda random with the lawd, and moar and oh-mah-gawd.

Lukass 09-05-13 14:25

[QUOTE=Ardent Pizza;6779010]-.-

Could you please enlighten me who these members are?[/QUOTE]

I know who you are ;)

[Xmas] 09-05-13 14:27

This is all very amusing for some reason :vlol:

xLara_Nathanx 09-05-13 14:28

I agree, but this is going to get the thread closed. :vlol:

Ardent Pizza 09-05-13 14:30

I feel honoured that I get linked to this stranger. Really.:rolleyes:

I am not a troll. I know that some of my posts were a bit odd, offbeat, but it's just the way I write. :/

I am both, a serious and silly person. As I have already said in my first thread, when there is something I like, adore and a topic that might fascinate me, I will post something profund and serious.

Just give me a chance. But I guess, I will only find prejudices and character assassinations.

-.-

I am sorry for going off-topic. I just had the feeling to defend myself.

LarasFan 09-05-13 14:33

I'm not offending you or anything, it's just that, everything about you is kinda random :p... Especially your signature :p

scremanie 09-05-13 14:50

Larafan25, is that you? :eek:

tomee 09-05-13 17:22

Did I miss an update? :confused:

I went to Slovakia for 3 days and now I can't find any matches...

Spong 09-05-13 17:24

[QUOTE=tomee;6779217]I went to Slovakia for 3 days and now I can't find any matches...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can buy some from a corner shop. Or maybe use a lighter instead?

:p

SpyrosMonster 09-05-13 17:25

[QUOTE=tomee;6779217]Did I miss an update? :confused:

I went to Slovakia for 3 days and now I can't find any matches...[/QUOTE]

It could be just people getting bored of Multiplayer. :/
I thought multiplayer was really fun! But When I reached level 60 and got all the achievements I just didn't find it that much fun like it was before...

I think It's been 4 weeks that I haven't played the multiplayer.

tomee 09-05-13 17:32

[QUOTE=Spong;6779220]I'm sure you can buy some from a corner shop. Or maybe use a lighter instead?

:p[/QUOTE]
[youtube]6zXDo4dL7SU[/youtube]
[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6779222]It could be just people getting bored of Multiplayer. :/
I thought multiplayer was really fun! But When I reached level 60 and got all the achievements I just didn't find it that much fun like it was before...

I think It's been 4 weeks that I haven't played the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I have one more achievment left and it's halfway done.
Guess what? It's actually the rarest achievement on the PC, and that's only because nobody bothers playing rated matches.
[URL=http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/lecztamas/media/achi_zps90ec3dec.png.html][IMG]http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i454/lecztamas/achi_zps90ec3dec.png[/IMG][/URL]
I have cry for help and deathmatch done, but I still need the other two modes. I also had rescue done, but the game glitched and I didn't get credit for it. -.-"

Edit: Even those two matches were actually organised.

Spong 09-05-13 17:35

[QUOTE=tomee;6779230][youtube]6zXDo4dL7SU[/youtube][/QUOTE]

:vlol:

Phlip 09-05-13 17:42

[QUOTE=Ardent Pizza;6778473]CeyDey missed so many chances, in my opinion. They are good. They are cewl. But I trust in them and I know they could reach perfection if they would try to see and understand. THe lines between self-adulation, logic and effort are fragile and blurry.

D:

CD, do you listen?

D:

:OMG:[/QUOTE]

I know you're Canadian, but can you write in English, with proper English grammar/structure? I know it's a monumentally huge ask, but thanks.

tomee 09-05-13 18:08

[QUOTE=Phlip;6779242]I know you're Canadian, but can you write in English, with proper English grammar/structure? I know it's a monumentally huge ask, but thanks.[/QUOTE]

That's actually proper English grammar, he just uses lolspeak which is irrelevant to the grammar or him being Canadian.
If you want to ask him to always use the correct spelling, then you can do that in a nicer way.

motoleo 09-05-13 18:09

[QUOTE=Phlip;6779242]I know you're Canadian, but can you write in English, with proper English grammar/structure? I know it's a monumentally huge ask, but thanks.[/QUOTE]

R u a teacher? This is the Internet. Not elementary school.

tomee 09-05-13 18:11

[QUOTE=motoleo;6779261]Are u a teacher? This is the Internet. Not elementary school.[/QUOTE]

So what if he's actually a teacher? Irrelevant.
And whether it is the internet or not, you would expect people to use proper language.

motoleo 09-05-13 18:12

[QUOTE=tomee;6779263]So what if he's actually a teacher? Irrelevant.
And whether it is the internet or not, you would expect people to use proper language.[/QUOTE]

It's the digital age.

King.Louie 09-05-13 18:19

His post was fine. It was easy to read and for the most part used correct grammar. Don't be such a dick.

Ardent Pizza 09-05-13 18:22

Well, I see that some people abhor alternate spellings. Good to know. I didn't expect people would get offended by it. I apologise to everyone for my poor language skills and my asinine writing style. I will try to write more sensible, profund, valuable and level headed contributions next time. I just have an anomalous way and style to express myself. ._. Sorry, guys. I didn't want to corrupt this forum.

BTW, I am not from Canada.

tomee 09-05-13 18:25

/\Don't mind Phlip, he's just being a dick.

[QUOTE=motoleo;6779264]It's the digital age.[/QUOTE]

That's irrelevant.

Ross C 09-05-13 18:25

Ah, just ignore me :)

tomee 09-05-13 18:29

I'm not bothered with it, if he likes it, then so be it.
This is lolspeak BTW, not textspeak, and I just wanted to point that out that being in the digital era doesn't mean anything.

motoleo 09-05-13 18:30

Nvm tired

Steven_1379 09-05-13 18:36

y du ppl h8 21rst century writing
dosnt like every1 try to read like ur are talking it gosh like omagodsh
gramar nasi everywear

fyi yes i did mispells on purpes :p if this brother u, u def ned 2 c a dok...if u hahaha at it, ur fine den...i tink