www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

dantedmc 13-06-15 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7368589)
Yes, it seems you can. I guess that like on a PC it depends on your specs though. :)


Thanks for this. It was on sale, and I purchased it anyway. It's a late 2013 macbook pro retina 15", with integrated Intel iris pro.

I hope that it'll be able to run the game on high settings.

update: It looks beautiful on MAC! Well optimized as well. No tressfx though.

OrangeFr3ak 13-06-15 06:44

On the tomb raider wikia, Lara in the Rise timeline is stated as being on on February 14 1992, has this been made canon?

lcroft_lc 13-06-15 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7369371)
On the tomb raider wikia, Lara in the Rise timeline is stated as being on on February 14 1992, has this been made canon?

Born on 1992?

That means she is 23.

That means we could be a nice couple. :D :jmp:

Rai 13-06-15 07:13

A birth date and year has never been given, afaik. The date on Wikia is guessed based on Lara's age in TR'13 and Feb 14 as a a throwback to the classics. Rhianna has stated Lara is 22 ish in Rise.

dantedmc 13-06-15 07:33

never mind

scremanie 13-06-15 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7369371)
On the tomb raider wikia, Lara in the Rise timeline is stated as being on on February 14 1992, has this been made canon?

Yes. Lara and I are the same age now <333 :yah::cln:

Rai 13-06-15 07:48

^Did you not see my post saying this is not canon?

scremanie 13-06-15 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7369385)
^Did you not see my post saying this is not canon?

Yeah, I was just being funny. :p

I like to go by that D.O.B anyway, even if it isn't official. :)

lcroft_lc 13-06-15 08:31

Damn! She grew up 1 year in 2 years! :(

scremanie 13-06-15 22:27

Well, no. She was 21 in TReboot.

lcroft_lc 14-06-15 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 7370225)
Well, no. She was 21 in TReboot.

Yeah. So she should be 23 in 2015!

scremanie 14-06-15 07:08

Well TReboot was set in 2013, so she would have turned 22 last year, and she turned 23 this year...

WWETombRaider 15-06-15 00:54

As a fan, I want Lara to be a couple of years older than me. 23 would be ideal.

Rai 15-06-15 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 7370382)
Yeah. So she should be 23 in 2015!

Except CD are counting Rise as approx 1 year after Yamatai. I dunno why.

scremanie 15-06-15 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7371088)
Except CD are counting Rise as approx 1 year after Yamatai. I dunno why.

Maybe it's set in flashbacks, or Lara recalling the events somehow, and it cuts to present time (today) when the game is actually set, and she's really in a mental asylum. :D

Stevo505 15-06-15 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 7371203)
Maybe it's set in flashbacks, or Lara recalling the events somehow, and it cuts to present time (today) when the game is actually set, and she's really in a mental asylum. :D

Rise is all one big crazy person delusion? :vlol:

I can just imagine the men in white throwing her in the padded room as she screams "NO!!! I'M THE TOMB RAIDER!!!! I HAVE TO BECOME WHO I'M MEANT TO BE"

Jorje Croft 15-06-15 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 7369401)
Damn! She grew up 1 year in 2 years! :(

this is epic. I want same too.

dantedmc 15-06-15 08:51

Are there any skin or hair mods for TR2013 mac version, besides tressfx? It looks like piece of ****.

Trenton 15-06-15 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 7371399)
Are there any skin or hair mods for TR2013 mac version, besides tressfx? It looks like piece of ****.

TressFX looks bad on Mac?

dantedmc 15-06-15 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7371410)
TressFX looks bad on Mac?

there's no tressfx on my mac. It's an intel iris pro card. :)

Trenton 15-06-15 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 7371442)
there's no tressfx on my mac. It's an intel iris pro card. :)

Oh, I see. That explains it. Too bad you won't get to play it with Tressfx then. I don't know if there are any mods or something to improve the non-tressfx hair, but possibly. :ponder:

dantedmc 15-06-15 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7371444)
Oh, I see. That explains it. Too bad you won't get to play it with Tressfx then. I don't know if there are any mods or something to improve the non-tressfx hair, but possibly. :ponder:

Thanks. :) The game's beautiful, except for the hair. They should've left a few strands and polished better.

99.99% of the game you see her hair. I mean, really?

Enya Brennan 15-06-15 10:49

Try out this mod: TR2013 Mod. It makes Lara look infinitely better.

Wooxman 15-06-15 10:49

That's what you get from playing on a Mac instead of a proper gaming PC. :p :D

Isn't the option there at all or is it that you just can't activate it? If its the latter, I guess that getting a better graphics card could solve the problem, but AFAIK you can't just put one into a Mac and it will work.

James_Rutland 15-06-15 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7371465)
Try out this mod: TR2013 Mod. It makes Lara look infinitely better.

That ingame Lara is gorgeous. Has a better look about her than the DE version, even.

Enya Brennan 15-06-15 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7371474)
That ingame Lara is gorgeous. Has a better look about her than the DE version, even.

I'd say she's on par with the DE version (it was a huge improvement in regard to the original). An amazing mod nevertheless: BEAUTY.

Rai 15-06-15 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7371465)
Try out this mod: TR2013 Mod. It makes Lara look infinitely better.

I'm gonna be slapped for saying this, but I don't like that mod :o. All due respect for the work put in, but I've never seen the point of mods, do people really dislike the official model so much, they need to change it?

James_Rutland 15-06-15 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7371483)
I'd say she's on par with the DE version (it was a huge improvement in regard to the original). An amazing mod nevertheless: BEAUTY.

That is FLAWLESS :yik:

The emotion in her face blows the DE out of the water (which I still like)

She has a bit of a Rebecca Chambers look going on there, however :p

Lara_Fan1 15-06-15 12:04

Now why couldn't the original model look like that?!

Enya Brennan 15-06-15 12:05

^^I have to agree :o Her face transmits lots of emotions in that screen.

Haha, you're right, I can see the resemblance, although I'm more used to Rebecca's neutral face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7371486)
I'm gonna be slapped for saying this, but I don't like that mod :o. All due respect for the work put in, but I've never seen the point of mods, do people really dislike the official model so much, they need to change it?

I totally respect your opinion :) But the original Reboot face is a bit (how should I say it?)... dreadful, horrid, hideous (essentially the same feeling :p).

dantedmc 15-06-15 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7371465)
Try out this mod: TR2013 Mod. It makes Lara look infinitely better.

Yes. Thanks for sharing. It's a pretty face, full of emotions. Probably better than the original. EDIT: I don't think mods are available on macs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 7371467)
That's what you get from playing on a Mac instead of a proper gaming PC. :p :D

Isn't the option there at all or is it that you just can't activate it? If its the latter, I guess that getting a better graphics card could solve the problem, but AFAIK you can't just put one into a Mac and it will work.

I think it's meant for dedicated graphic cards. This has an intel iris pro, which does an amazing job for an integrated card, even on high settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7371486)
I'm gonna be slapped for saying this, but I don't like that mod :o. All due respect for the work put in, but I've never seen the point of mods, do people really dislike the official model so much, they need to change it?


I am not a huge fan of mods either, but let's face it, they've done a great job in this case.;)

Trenton 15-06-15 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7371465)
Try out this mod: TR2013 Mod. It makes Lara look infinitely better.

Does that model also come in a TressFX version?

Enya Brennan 15-06-15 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7371581)
Does that model also come in a TressFX version?

I have no idea. Never bothered to try it out with TressFX enabled :p

peeves 20-06-15 17:53

That TR9 lara mod looks perfect.

AllissonLCTR 20-06-15 17:56

I'm test the TR2013 Mod and it worked perfectly. Very good, I liked. ;)

WolfRaider 21-06-15 03:34

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...pst8njb5fc.jpg

So yeah that happened. It seems to be only with the additional outfits, but when I like next to a corner, and the camera then zooms onto lara, her head starts turning into... that.:vlol:

Edit: Oh now it back to normal lol. Maybe that was a one time thing, and why I didn't notice it before.

peeves 21-06-15 13:58

Her face looks silly. :vlol:

AimlessThunder 21-06-15 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7371649)
I have no idea. Never bothered to try it out with TressFX enabled :p

Doesn't work for me.

peeves 25-06-15 17:50

I'm now up to level 26 mountain pass 2nd visit in TR9 and the one thing that bothers me about TR9 is that some cutscenes cannot be skipped i mean i keep pressing the circle button and the skip button never comes up.

dantedmc 26-06-15 07:13

I don't underand! I cannot use fast travel? help please!


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.