www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

GeekOfComedy 01-03-18 21:05

Now I'm worried about the final script again. I wonder if Geneva's writing strength is in comedy as we can all see the script really excels in the London scenes and the Pawnshop etc. :o

Also thank god Tomb Raider wasn't given Rampage's release date. Avengers got moved up a week so that film is really going to bomb if Avengers come out during it's second week. :yik:

shockwave_pulsar00 01-03-18 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 7827509)
Thank goodness! :)

Agreed.

Alicia just earned another positive in my book.

2001LC20 01-03-18 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy (Post 7827512)
Now I'm worried about the final script again. I wonder if Geneva's writing strength is in comedy as we can all see the script really excels in the London scenes and the Pawnshop etc. :o

Also thank god Tomb Raider wasn't given Rampage's release date. Avengers got moved up a week so that film is really going to bomb if Avengers come out during it's second week. :yik:

Yeah i don't trust her much i think IF the movie is bad it would be mostly because of the script

Grimaldi 01-03-18 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 7827509)
Thank goodness! :)

I'm so glad Alicia had some input there and made a change for the better. She's awesome.

Ellioft 01-03-18 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7827506)
Interview with Geneva, interestingly she says her first draft was more of a comedy. Thank God it got rewrites. :)

It seems a lot of things came out from the mind of Alicia herself.

The bike courrier job, the physical aspect, the more serious approach, Dominic West casted as her Dad etc.

Tonyrobinson 01-03-18 21:22

Alicia having more power hopefully changes things for the better and improves her performance. I hope this isn't like Angelina's changes were she wanted Lara to have a Mohawk for no apparent reason.

Jorje Croft 01-03-18 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7827520)
Alicia having more power hopefully changes things for the better and improves her performance. I hope this isn't like Angelina's changes were she wanted Lara to have a Mohawk for no apparent reason.

I still can't believe she wanted Mohawk, I'm her fan since childhood but come on :\ glad they ended with French braid. :confused:

Portugalraider 01-03-18 21:25

To be fair to Geneva, it sounds like she was pitched that more comedic tone, and wasn't something she came up herself... But yeah, thank god for Alicia and her wanting to make something more serious...

But yeah, from her upcoming movies, Geneva may be more suited for action-comedies. I mean, Captain Marvel IS a Marvel movie, action-comedy is their thing... Same with the Bumblebee movie...

James_Rutland 01-03-18 21:31

Alicia wanting the movie to have a more serious tone makes me like her so much more. That's because she is a SERIOUS actress, and didn't want her talent to go to waste. At least she gets what the tone of the movie should be and knows she's better than B-Movie cheese.

2001LC20 01-03-18 21:33

I would be ****ing crazy if this movie was going to be a mother****ing comedy
Thank god Alicia but what about Roar he didn't say anything?