www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Tonyrobinson 12-01-17 00:45

I'm starting to wonder if the story will be that of a Lara who doesn't have a great relationship with her father goes searching for him after he's held ransom by pirates and finds herself caught up in a Tomb Raiding adventure instead. It'd probably be a fresh way to shake things up whilst grounding it in reality.

Rai 12-01-17 00:51

Problem is, you say "pirates", I think "Johnny Depp". :vlol:

HRHCroft 12-01-17 01:02

Well, despite the father angle, I for one am pleased the movie seems to be deviating from "TR2013." I'm curious in a slightly optimistic way, now... :whi:

Tonyrobinson 12-01-17 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7700633)
Problem is, you say "pirates", I think "Johnny Depp". :vlol:

That South Park episode springs to mind. :vlol:

Tancha 12-01-17 01:55

Quote:

Daniel Wu - a ship captain who partners with Croft on a quest to find her father.
Is that means that his character will replace Conrad Roth? (In a game Roth is captain). No matter. Has found other thread about it.

Avalon SARL 12-01-17 06:25

The more I read news, the more I am convinced.

this is a prequel to the first TOMB Raider: Triangle of Light Movie

I will bet on it :)

Tancha 12-01-17 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon SARL (Post 7700681)
The more I read news, the more I am convinced. this is a prequel to the first TOMB Raider: Triangle of Light Movie.
I will bet on it :)

I thought of it too. In this case Lara shouldn't find the father, neither live, nor the dead. And we will be able conditionally to call the third movie the prequel.

Avalon SARL 12-01-17 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tancha (Post 7700686)
I thought of it too. In this case Lara shouldn't find the father, neither live, nor the dead. And we will be able conditionally to call the third movie the prequel.

Yes, he will not be found (I believe).

That is the way the movie will not fll into much criticism.
It is a fate we know.
Lara will not find her father, so the adventure is not about her really finding him.

It is what this motive will put her through and how it will change her life.

Something also just came to my mind.

this Image:

https://s28.postimg.org/rnk8n538d/image.jpg

GeekOfComedy 12-01-17 10:24

But the film is set in present day, the opening script involves her trainer tinder'ing on his smart phone or something so I don't think it's a prequel. And didn't Crystal Dynamics make a point about making sure it wouldn't be a continuation or related to the first 2 films? :D

Avalon SARL 12-01-17 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy (Post 7700699)
But the film is set in present day, the opening script involves her trainer tinder'ing on his smart phone or something so I don't think it's a prequel. And didn't Crystal Dynamics make a point about making sure it wouldn't be a continuation or related to the first 2 films? :D

Yes they can say that, but all what is being done just says nothing.

It is like when they said: FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNEW ABOUT LARA CROFT, and then you come to find out that what the hell did they mean by that (some alterations in the biography, going back to Lara's youth days), it meant nothing; it was still Lara Croft nonetheless. (A rewritten Tomb Raider Legend in a more professional way).

And they can say here it is not related to the first 2 movies, but what is really going on shows that it is not.

Lara's father was lost in the field; in the first TR movie.

In this one Lara is searching for her lost father.

It is pretty obvious on what the story of this movie is basically based and inspired by, but they can come and say no it is not.

It won't change the facts.

And who cares for the timeline.

The previous two movies did not even have a specific time setting, so you can fit them anywhere


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.