www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Rai 05-05-22 23:54

This site is riddled with spelling mistakes. Post production, Hopefully? Filing? Filming, I assume, All countrys -countries is the plural. Yeah, so very professional and believable.

Ellioft 06-05-22 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8354770)
This site is riddled with spelling mistakes. Post production, Hopefully? Filing? Filming, I assume, All countrys -countries is the plural. Yeah, so very professional and believable.

True, but it's a service website as I understand you have to apply your CV then when the post production start (or before) they send your CV. But there's no garantie for you to be hired.

But anyway I assume in june we will have some news from Amazon or MGM.

Rai 06-05-22 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8354802)
True, but it's a service website as I understand you have to apply your CV then when the post production start (or before) they send your CV. But there's no garantie for you to be hired.

Thing is, this site seems to have made this casting call on an assumption. Maybe they have insider news that production starts soon but going by the wording it seems they're expecting applicants to apply on the off chance that MGM may see their CVs and may need those extras. Also Post Production happens after filming. Why would they add extras in post production? It just comes off as really unprofessional. I haven't looked at the site properly though.

.snake. 07-05-22 04:44

FameStreet is notoriously fake. All you have to do is run it past people who are affiliated with AFTRA.

Rai 17-05-22 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8354802)

Is June significant in some way, or are you speculating/ hoping?

Ellioft 17-05-22 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8356067)
Is June significant in some way, or are you speculating/ hoping?

Speculating because the interview tour for the serie Irma Vep begins soon :D

PinkyPromise 17-05-22 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8356077)
Speculating because the interview tour for the serie Irma Vep begins soon :D

Unfortunately, I think we will only have evasive answers.

.snake. 17-05-22 12:46

He’s being positive DAMMIT!!!

Ellioft 17-05-22 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8356095)
He’s being positive DAMMIT!!!

Go fox yourself !

.snake. 17-05-22 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8356096)
Go fox yourself !

No, you go faux yourself. :D

Ellioft 17-05-22 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8356098)
No, you go faux yourself. :D

Listen I'm really tired of this, could we just agree to not talk or mention each other unless it's a good debate or a friendly conversation ?

.snake. 17-05-22 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8356104)
Listen I'm really tired of this, could we just agree to not talk or mention each other unless it's a good debate or a friendly conversation ?

Oof, you take yourself waaay too seriously. Life must not be any fun for you if you go through it that high strung about things. I made a friendly joke, tied around your signature and the fact that you always try to remain perpetually positive (DAMMIT!). Then you made a joke back by saying "fox" and I made a joke back by saying "faux." No harm done.

Some could argue though that you posting misleading information or untrustworthy links gives people false hope, which is harmful in its own way.

Having said that: lighten up.

PinkyPromise 17-05-22 18:16

Alicia looks nice in Irma Vep trailer.

Rai 17-05-22 19:27

She does look good. I've pinched that video and placed it into the Alicia appreciate thread. :)

PinkyPromise 19-05-22 09:32

Hollywood Reporter has interviewed Alicia Vikander and... obviously She didn't say anything about TR sequel

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ir-1235150147/

Rai 19-05-22 10:20

Well she wasn't asked. Probably because no one knows if the sequel is going ahead.

Ellioft 19-05-22 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8356301)
Well she wasn't asked. Probably because no one knows if the sequel is going ahead.

Well she wasn't asked about her other projects but there others interviewer who maybe will ask her this question ^^

Rai 21-05-22 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8356312)
Well she wasn't asked about her other projects but there others interviewer who maybe will ask her this question ^^

What I'm hoping for: Yes, I start training for TR very soon and we're filming this autumn!

What we'll get: ...
Or: I don't know/ hope to hear soon.

Yay. Nothing yet.

Tonyrobinson 24-05-22 06:58

According to this article Alicia's next film will be Tomb Raider 2, once she finishes Firebrand. :)

https://wwd.com/eye/people/alicia-vi...ne-1235186131/

Ellioft 24-05-22 07:37

Ohhh this is nice to know :jmp:

.snake. 24-05-22 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 8356975)
According to this article Alicia's next film will be Tomb Raider 2, once she finishes Firebrand. :)

https://wwd.com/eye/people/alicia-vi...ne-1235186131/

Finally something substantial. Firebrand sounds interesting too. Looking forward to that more than TR. Although I’m not sure how Catherine Parr was “doomed”… :ponder:

Either way, good stuff. The TR sequel has a pulse.

PinkyPromise 24-05-22 08:17

I would take this information with caution. Alice says nothing. It is the magazine that says their next projects (We don't know if it is because they know something or it is because they have consulted IMBD)

Ellioft 24-05-22 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8356982)
I would take this information with caution. Alice says nothing. It is the magazine that says their next projects (We don't know if it is because they know something or it is because they have consulted IMBD)

I think and it's only speculation she want to produce with Vicarious Production in the future (it was told in an interview recently) so to do so she could use her part gained in the TR Sequel to fullfill her cinematic ambitions.

James_Rutland 24-05-22 08:42

Does anyone not wonder if they're not just being secretive?

Like, does Misha have to announce whether his script is finished / approved?

It could be getting well ready to film for all we know and this article gives me optimism. :)

I rewatched my 4K of 2018 film the other day, and it's ageing quite well. I really hope we get to see another movie in this universe, at least once more.

Rai 24-05-22 10:36

I don't think Misha has to announce if her script has been approved, but you'd think MGM would at least say something about it going into production or give a release window. Something. Why the need for such secrecy? I understand keeping filming under wraps perhaps they didn't like that some filming leaked last time. But give us something.

The magazine could be speculating. I'll believe it when I see it. When we get something official.

Ellioft 24-05-22 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8356996)
I don't think Misha has to announce if her script has been approved, but you'd think MGM would at least say something about it going into production or give a release window. Something. Why the need for such secrecy? I understand keeping filming under wraps perhaps they didn't like that some filming leaked last time. But give us something.

The magazine could be speculating. I'll believe it when I see it. When we get something official.

If that could lighten something at the time of the shooting of the Cradle of Life it was only announced in april 2002 by the Paramount it was only one month before the principal photography taking place and one month before that Angelina was shooting Beyond Borders and the official announcement by the Paramount about the movie was only in September 2002.

Rai 24-05-22 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8356997)
If that could lighten something at the time of the shooting of the Cradle of Life it was only announced in april 2002 by the Paramount it was only one month before the principal photography taking place and one month before that Angelina was shooting Beyond Borders and the official announcement by the Paramount about the movie was only in September 2002.

I'm sorry, I think you need to clarify something. Cradle of Life was announced in April? Or September 2002? When was it released?

Ellioft 24-05-22 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8356998)
I'm sorry, I think you need to clarify something. Cradle of Life was announced in April? Or September 2002? When was it released?

Oh sorry it was announced in April the principal photography would take place in May

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines1047.html

and then the official statement with the actors, the title, the synopsis yada yada was revealed in September.

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines1193.html

Rai 24-05-22 11:53

So you think the same could happen this time? With an announcement just a month or so before filming starts?

Well I'm not sure if that's reassuring or not :p. I guess we wait and see. Firebrand finishes at the end of summer?

Ellioft 24-05-22 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8357005)
So you think the same could happen this time? With an announcement just a month or so before filming starts?

Well I'm not sure if that's reassuring or not :p. I guess we wait and see. Firebrand finishes at the end of summer?

Maybe, apparently her drama is filmed in Derbyshire so it's not like it's a huge shooting.

lance6439 25-05-22 03:18

Javicia Leslie wants to play as Lara Croft and I'm just totally against the idea of that. Maybe a couple of months ago I would have been down for a Black Lara Croft, but I'm just not here for it. I'm actually very much over characters getting black-washed and I believe its the same as white-washing. I've been deprived of OG Lara Croft for so long I don't want to see anything BUT accurate portrayal for now on.

PinkyPromise 25-05-22 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8357103)
Javicia Leslie wants to play as Lara Croft and I'm just totally against the idea of that. Maybe a couple of months ago I would have been down for a Black Lara Croft, but I'm just not here for it. I'm actually very much over characters getting black-washed and I believe its the same as white-washing. I've been deprived of OG Lara Croft for so long I don't want to see anything BUT accurate portrayal for now on.

I think it would be commercial suicide to do that. The TR fanbase is so divided that it would be another nail in the coffin.

Tomb Raider needs to settle down and build some strong pillars before trying ideas like that.

Ellioft 25-05-22 10:34

In a new interview about her new satirical TV show Irma Vep Alicia has mentioned Tomb Raider but sadly no questions about her future plans was asked.

https://decider.com/2022/05/24/irma-...der-interview/

Decider : I assume the flip side of that is that when you’re working on something bigger, especially something effects-driven, you feel a little farther away from the final product. You see it, and you’re like, “Oh, wow, so this is what it looks like.”

Alicia : Hey, I loved doing Tomb Raider. But yeah, I can run from A to B in the course of two weeks, which can be disorienting. Different sorts of productions are totally different animals, whether you’re focused on action scenes or people having intense conversations while sitting in rooms. That’s how Olivier works, and it’s a treat for any actor. This stuff is genuinely fun to make! You have fun going to work!

Tonyrobinson 25-05-22 17:38

Cannes is more high brow than the usual sort of film event I dunno for sure if they'd ask about Tomb Raider at it hopefully HBO do some press junkets outside of Cannes too.

Portugalraider 26-05-22 11:27

In other "probably means nothing" IMDB news, we now might have a Head of Department Sculptor in Steve Hunter.

Ellioft 26-05-22 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8357316)
In other "probably means nothing" IMDB news, we now might have a Head of Department Sculptor in Steve Hunter.

I have find something :

https://sculptors.org.uk/artists/steven-hunter

Apparently he has worked on the first Tomb Raider ? :ponder:

PinkyPromise 26-05-22 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8357317)
I have find something :

He probably made himiko's body inside the sarcophagus

I know we all want information but currently there is no news. Everything on IMBD sounds fake.

Portugalraider 26-05-22 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8357318)
I know we all want information but currently there is no news. Everything on IMBD sounds fake.

Not saying otherwise, but when lacking any concrete news I don't think there's harm in discussing the "what if" these names end up being real...

Tonyrobinson 26-05-22 12:06

He worked on Jurassic World 3, do we think this gives a bit more credibility to the fact Kevin Jenkins is production designer and follows Misha on Instagram?

Portugalraider 26-05-22 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8357317)
I have find something :

That's interesting, since it says there he was Head of Department on Tomb Raider, yet he is not credited as such...