www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Legend (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Attempting to fix some of Legend's texture issues on PC (Next Gen OFF) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225367)

MachoBroccoli 12-01-21 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8268484)
ah i didnt realize you were steve of warr



well no need to worry, mine are for use w/ texmod and yours seem to actually affect the in-game files. so our solutions are different :)

That's me aha :tiphat:

Yeah Texmod wouldn't work on my PC for some reason hence why I went down this route instead. I'd actually preferred to do it via your method tbh it would've save me a lot of headaches :hea:

ATombRaiderFan 12-01-21 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli (Post 8268551)
That's me aha :tiphat:

Yeah Texmod wouldn't work on my PC for some reason hence why I went down this route instead. I'd actually preferred to do it via your method tbh it would've save me a lot of headaches :hea:

It might depends which exe launcher you use. IIRC the Legend directory has a "test" exe launcher which was the only way I could get TexMod running so I dunno if you tried that already.

BTW Nice to meet you Steve! I thought AoD would be your last TR review video so now I'm looking forward to your next video :o

MachoBroccoli 12-01-21 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan (Post 8268573)
It might depends which exe launcher you use. IIRC the Legend directory has a "test" exe launcher which was the only way I could get TexMod running so I dunno if you tried that already.

BTW Nice to meet you Steve! I thought AoD would be your last TR review video so now I'm looking forward to your next video :o

Nice to meet you too! :tea:

Interesting, no I've not tried that method yet so maybe I'll give it a go sometime!

A lot of people seem to think I was stopping after AOD too, but I'm doing them all up to Shadow of the Tomb Raider :D

Here's a bonus! I AI upscaled the intro video of Legend to 4K. You can find a link to download it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZ_eeYtdVA

Just drop it into your install directory and replace the old one and it will work!

I'm slowly working through all of them to make them look better and will likely make a new thread when I've finished them all.

LateRaider 12-01-21 17:24

wonderful, thank you!

oh if you would do something similar for anniversary i would be grateful. i swear to god that game's intro video is at 240p, which looks so bizarre when the game is running at 1080p60fps

UroshUchiha 12-01-21 23:15

Oh so this is Steve? Glad to have you here! We've had a few replies here and there in your retrospective videos on YouTube. Keep up the great work mate!

MachoBroccoli 13-01-21 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8268899)
Oh so this is Steve? Glad to have you here! We've had a few replies here and there in your retrospective videos on YouTube. Keep up the great work mate!

Thank you ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8268763)
wonderful, thank you!

oh if you would do something similar for anniversary i would be grateful. i swear to god that game's intro video is at 240p, which looks so bizarre when the game is running at 1080p60fps

Yeah, that intro is a top priority for me as they used the PS2 version of the intro for the PC version for some reason, that's why it's so low quality. If I can figure out how to extract the version from the PS3 trilogy and upscale that instead then we're laughing!

I've done all of Underworld's though! - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...dR?usp=sharing

LateRaider 13-01-21 17:54

wow, your dedication to the series sure is impressive.

as for TR:A, i think it might be best to use the xbox 360 version, actually. the ps3 version is missing the "LOS ALAMOS, NEW MEXICO 1945" text. it also looks like they zoomed in on it and then cropped it, added bloom, and then desaturated the video. i took some screenshots of HD let's plays...

pc opening https://i.imgur.com/PR0lxXL.png
xbox 360 opening https://i.imgur.com/88Fj5Xp.png
ps3 opening https://i.imgur.com/VpcLmPp.png

regardless of this, there's one difference between the console versions and the pc version: X360 and PS3 (and PS2 as well) say "A CRYSTAL DYNAMICS GAME with BUZZ MONKEY SOFTWARE," but the PC version says "A CRYSTAL DYNAMICS GAME with NIXXES SOFTWARE."

i'm not sure if it'd be worth it to preserve the proper credits or not. (i vote "yes" so it looks authentic.)

MachoBroccoli 13-01-21 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8269057)
wow, your dedication to the series sure is impressive.

as for TR:A, i think it might be best to use the xbox 360 version, actually. the ps3 version is missing the "LOS ALAMOS, NEW MEXICO 1945" text. it also looks like they zoomed in on it and then cropped it, added bloom, and then desaturated the video. i took some screenshots of HD let's plays...

pc opening https://i.imgur.com/PR0lxXL.png
xbox 360 opening https://i.imgur.com/88Fj5Xp.png
ps3 opening https://i.imgur.com/VpcLmPp.png

regardless of this, there's one difference between the console versions and the pc version: X360 and PS3 (and PS2 as well) say "A CRYSTAL DYNAMICS GAME with BUZZ MONKEY SOFTWARE," but the PC version says "A CRYSTAL DYNAMICS GAME with NIXXES SOFTWARE."

i'm not sure if it'd be worth it to preserve the proper credits or not. (i vote "yes" so it looks authentic.)

No need! Thanks to Eddy's TR Channel I found a way to get the PC version of the game to natively render it out at 4k in engine, so I've made it from that!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n1T...ture=emb_title

LateRaider 13-01-21 19:17

oh now that looks lovely. thank you so much. one more thing to help perfect my favorite TR! still missing the los alamos date stamp but you know what? this is such a good upscale that i don't think it truly matters. like it's well worth the tradeoff

ATombRaiderFan 14-01-21 06:38

Oh my gosh that Anniversary video is... so crystal clear? There's even a snake on the ground I don't remember seeing before.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.