www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Next Generation Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   TRNG - Bugs & Limitations Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=165980)

Paolone 23-10-13 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 6925378)
With F71 I can only make sounds up to number 351 (LARA_ROPE_CREAK) play, while the sounds.txt has up to 369 entries.
Same when placing a sound from the Effects menu: the list ends at number 351.

You should use the F168 trigger with sound effect upto 4095

About the sound for effects menu, I don't remember what is!? :confused:

AkyV 23-10-13 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6929098)
I don't understand very well. Could you do an example with some specific ENV flag?

(Forget it. It seems a bad test...)

Quote:

It's true, I forgot to add diagnostics for AnimationSlot. I'll try to put right it.
Lara's ENV's are also useful in AnimationSlot. For example, ENV_NO_BOX_AT_LEFT+ENV_HOLD_EXTRA_ITEM_IN_HANDS means if there is no Box at the left side of the enemy and Lara doesn't have that item in the hand. (I hope AnimationSlot Diagnostics will be able to handle if Lara's ENV's are in AnimationSlot command, as well.)

Speaking of ENV_NO_BOX, those four constants are also detects "Boxes" if that impassable area is an "original" Wall or Wall by the green Wall button.

Quote:

About examine text, do you mean that the alignment don't work or that the examine text is not visible?
The text seems visible, but in the original position, the command has no effect.

Quote:

But are you spekaing about when the true condition happens in same moment?
I'll have to check the code, it's a weird situation.
Yes, they are simultaneous.
EDIT2: I mean, the GlobalTriggers can be enabled at the same time, but the conditions are not true the same time everyway.

For example:
GT1= if Lara is peforming Animation X, then disable Action to draw weapons, if she is not, then enable it again.
GT2= if Lara is peforming Animation Y, then disable Action to draw weapons, if she is not, then enable it again.

---------------

EDIT:
Is there a way to fix a discomfort of NG Center?
In Word, if I hit Home/End then the cursor will always jump to the start/end of the line.
In NG Center, if I hit Home/End then the cursor will always jump to the whole start/end of the Script.

I don't mind if there is a function in NG Center like that.
But it always tricks me when I hit Home/End end then the cursor will jump through the whole Script. Maybe you should attach other key commands for those functions and should use Home/End for the actual Script entry.

raiderromero 23-10-13 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6929105)
I didn't know this limitation. About number of sprites in a demo level I showed three or four in same moment, but I've never tried with so bigger animated sprites. Do you use 256x256 sprites?
Have you tried to change the position? Because aligned in horizontal and very closed is the worse situation, I presume. Try to add more distance in horizontal, or see what happes when you place first above and the second belove. At least to verify.
I would perform a test but where can I find big animated sprites?

i use 122x122 sprite textures, i put them in different horizontal locations but the same problem occures, i was thinking now that you mention that you did it your demo...umm could it be the cause of the problem that the sprites dont have the same number of animated frames? ( i mean cause if i remember one has 13 animated sprites the other 10)

anyway im sending you my sprites so that you can verify the issue with long animated sprites, check my PM please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6929105)
Oh my god, you have a lot of fantasy and ideas, my compliments. :D
When I wached that video I was shocked, because that was a idea of mine for future version: the comunicator. A customizable interface to simulate phone calls and other hi-tech comunication between lara and other guys.

You are doing the same with old trng feature, well done. ;)
Anyay I'll try to fix some bug to help you in this amitious project.

thank you so much i really like to be creative, its funny. Its nice to hear you will some day in near future add this phone call feature, im sure many will use it.( maybe you can add this effect with the sprites ( to simulate lara and the other person talking :p)

AkyV 23-10-13 18:28

@Paolone:
I've found a bug about "continuous" TriggerGroups. - I sum the situation up:
- "Single" TriggerGroups will be executed only if Lara reaches the trigger zone.
- "Multiple" TriggerGroups will be executed while Lara is in the trigger zone and all the conditions are true - it is also useful if you have only executable triggers, but is mostly useful if you have condition triggers as well, so the the condition will be examined all the time when she is there.
- "Continuous" TriggerGroups will do the same exactly what a "multiple" TriggerGroup does - except: the effect will remain active even Lara leaves the trigger zone, till activating an F192.

But that thing with "Continuous" TriggerGroups is not always true, there are bugs here:
Before activating that F192, you can stop the execution temporarily (either Lara is in the trigger zone or not), if the exported condition triggers of that TriggerGroup go false. (“Exported” means it is not true for the condition triggers overlapped with that F118.) - Bug#1: the difference between the exported and scripted conditions.
"Temporarily" means if the exported condition triggers of that TriggerGroup go true again (either Lara is in the trigger zone or not) before activating that F192, then the execution will restart. - Bug#2: so it works like some kind of GlobalTrigger.

-------------------------------

EDIT - another bug:
If Lara stops moving then F119 camera stops following the moving the non-Lara target – though the camera won’t be switched off, keeping the actual position, keeping turning towards the target.
If Lara starts moving again, then the camera will start following again – as if it had been switched on just now.
(I activated the camera with this TriggerGroup: A42-A41-F119.)

Paolone 24-10-13 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 6929129)
Speaking of ENV_NO_BOX, those four constants are also detects "Boxes" if that impassable area is an "original" Wall or Wall by the green Wall button.

It's normal, because in internal coding of tomb procedure the wall status has same value of box value.
Quote:

Is there a way to fix a discomfort of NG Center?
In Word, if I hit Home/End then the cursor will always jump to the start/end of the line.
In NG Center, if I hit Home/End then the cursor will always jump to the whole start/end of the Script.

I don't mind if there is a function in NG Center like that.
But it always tricks me when I hit Home/End end then the cursor will jump through the whole Script. Maybe you should attach other key commands for those functions and should use Home/End for the actual Script entry.
You are right, it should be more useful working on start/end line that whole document.
I'll have to see if I can change those keyboard commands.

Paolone 24-10-13 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderromero (Post 6929172)
i use 122x122 sprite textures, i put them in different horizontal locations but the same problem occures, i was thinking now that you mention that you did it your demo...umm could it be the cause of the problem that the sprites dont have the same number of animated frames? ( i mean cause if i remember one has 13 animated sprites the other 10)

I don't know, yet. I have to check how animation of sprites works.
Quote:

anyway im sending you my sprites so that you can verify the issue with long animated sprites, check my PM please.
I received, thanks. I''ll study the problem.
Quote:

thank you so much i really like to be creative, its funny. Its nice to hear you will some day in near future add this phone call feature, im sure many will use it.( maybe you can add this effect with the sprites ( to simulate lara and the other person talking :p)
Really I thought to use images (picture in picture) because sprite don't work when we are out of game scene (in full screen image).
Anyway I have a question. You have these two animated sprite with lara and enemy moving the mouth to simulate the discussion. But how can you stop one and start the animation of other? Or have you allowed to speak in same moment to both?

raiderromero 24-10-13 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6929593)
Really I thought to use images (picture in picture) because sprite don't work when we are out of game scene (in full screen image).

or maybe you can update engine to support .gif images, this way it will be easier to play custom animated images out of the wad ( which is better than sprites cause i already have many textures pages that can make the game crash or wierd texturing issues.)
so we would only need to make the custom gif... anyway you are the expert here, you will know what to do and how :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6929593)
Anyway I have a question. You have these two animated sprite with lara and enemy moving the mouth to simulate the discussion. But how can you stop one and start the animation of other? Or have you allowed to speak in same moment to both?

this is a problem and limitation too, as you see they both "speak" at the same time ,since i forgot to mention in the PM that i used (then stop them with the remove from screen sprite...)

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 357
; Exporting: TRIGGER(27:0) for FLIPEFFECT(357)
; <#> : Sprite. Show sprite with data in <&>Parameters for (E)Durate
; <&> : Parameters=PARAM_SHOW_SPRITE, 27
; (E) : Forever (use other action/effect to disable it)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 357, $1B

1.-at first i wanted both animations to play continously like real-time call phone
but i encoutered the problem with the sprites ,so i changed it to play just one sprite animation in a specific zone on the screen for both animates sprites, this solves this problem because only one person talks then the other etc (everything should be done with an organizer) you should only make/force the text to appear over pop+full screen images for the feature to work as expected.

2.-anyway lets suppose i dont have problems with 2 sprite animations playing at the same time, How do i stop one talking and moving its mouth when the other is talking?

there is a solution, with other 2 animated sprites from the same characters but this time they dont talk they just breath and move their eyes, so with an organizer i remove in the exact time animated sprites to replace for the correct one, everything would need to be syncrhonised.
(this is a problem actually cause i would need to format my custom sprite slot again to add at least 10 more free slots to make these new sprites, and i would have like 60 in total, which is too much i guess to be included in the wad)

so maybe option 1 would fit better and you would only need to check the issue with text not being showed over pop+full screen images and i would do the rest for those "cutscenes video call phone" with organizers and triggergroups...
but option 2 would look more realistic and nicer, with animated images (out of the wad) this would be easier to do.

Titak 24-10-13 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 6929106)
You should use the F168 trigger with sound effect upto 4095

About the sound for effects menu, I don't remember what is!? :confused:

But F168 is about using the Global Soundmap and I prefer to NOT use a V130 wad.
The regular sounds go up to 369 entries and I think those should all be included in the F71.

From the Effects menu you can select the different camera types, the fogbulb, the sink and a sound.
This is the sound you can place at a fountain, a waterfall, waterwaves sound on a watersurface, or whatever. The good thing about placing a sound like this is that it is localised, which triggering a sound through F70, F71 or F168 isn't.
The list of these sounds also ends at 351 instead of 369.

I just think it is odd that not all regular sounds (from the sounds.txt) aren't listed in these triggers and the sounds menu. :o

raiderromero 25-10-13 17:31

frequently Crashes in NGLE (when using the buttom/feature happens like 40% or 50% of the time)

*draw doors:
caused by many objects in every room that NGLE has to draw, if its working normally the rotate/move camera is so slow, sometimes it doesnt crash inmediatly you press the draw doors butom but when you are moving rotating around in the map.if you let me say something i see it useless to draw all the way rooms and rooms over the map, i use this feature a lot yeah but just to see the next rooms to the room im now in ,maybe forcing to draw only the adjacent rooms of the current room would make it less crashy.:confused:

*ctrl+o :
(reloading wad object when new meshes has been imported, since i do it every minute to make sure my new object is looking good in game and make some changes if needed etc in the .mqo format for the textures already in mesh using strpix lastest version by sapper)) this will cause a "uknown mesh type" error message, then NG crashes.( i just open NG again and the object is alredy in the wad so i have no problems, i already got used to this error.( i use more than 50 ext5raslots in static meshes, idk if this relevant)

AkyV 05-11-13 19:37

@Paolone:
Two questions:

1. How can we get Tomb object ID's if the object doesn't have a TRLE ID? (Eg. torch dropped, flying crossbow arrow etc. - so the game-created objects.) And how can we use it in TRNG triggers? (For example if I want to do something with the torch Lara has dropped.) Because the most of the triggers needs a TRLE ID.

2. Though CONDITION+HEAVY trigger overlaps are not possible, I can simulate a "HEAVY condition" in an easy way: HEAVY for an F118 - the TriggerGroup of that F118 contains condition+executable triggers.
But that trigger works in OVER mode.
So what if I want a "HEAVY PAD condition", eg. "if the enemy touches the floor"? - I know it is possible somehow if you were able to create ACTION triggers like that:

Code:

71: Enemy. (Physics) OVER Mode. Attract to East <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 69: Enemy. (Physics) OVER Mode. Attract to North <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 70: Enemy. (Physics) OVER Mode. Attract to South <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 72: Enemy. (Physics) OVER Mode. Attract to West <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 75: Enemy. (Physics) PAD Mode. Attract to East <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 73: Enemy. (Physics) PAD Mode. Attract to North <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 74: Enemy. (Physics) PAD Mode. Attract to South <#>Moveable with (E)speed
 76: Enemy. (Physics) PAD Mode. Attract to West <#>Moveable with (E)speed

----------------------
EDIT:
One more question:

Quote:

- Increased max number of Animation command from 128 to 256
Does that mean you can have
- maximum 256 exported ("Set Position type") AnimCommand in each WAD,
- not including "real" (WADMerger-created) AnimCommands,
- not including "real" Set Position AnimCommands?
---------------------
EDIT2:
A fourth question:

You were able to make all triggers "export-able" into Script or WADMerger - except FMV or SECRET. Is there a solution for them?
(Because eg. a video file that is started by a global event, or a secret that can be find only if a global condition is true sound exciting, don't they?)