Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Tonyrobinson 05-03-22 10:53

I'd love to see TR1 on screen but there's been rumors that the new anime series will be tackling that story. I would love to have Natla as an overarching villain linked to Lara like Batman and The Joker without all the family drama.

PaNtHERA 05-03-22 13:32

I like Alicia, but I don't think she is shining star like Jolie. I want to see her as Lara Croft once again because I don't want to wait another 15 years for a re-cast.

beencroft 05-03-22 13:50

I think the sequel will be like Shadow/Anniversary mixed. (Just according to Misha’s vision.) Maybe without Natla though unless she’s teased like in the end credits. I would love for her to show up though.

I’m pretty sure Angelina’s trilogy would’ve introduced Natla.

LNSNHGTDS 05-03-22 16:43

I remember back in the 08-13 days Natla was considered overused and people were sick of her but I always felt like she was a really interesting villain. Grey DeLisle's performance also helped a lot, she's a Queen, so I would also love to have her as a recurring villain. At the very least have her appear one more time for this unified timeline.

beencroft 05-03-22 16:56

I think she’ll be back for sure. After all, she was almost mentioned in Shadow before being cut. I think she’ll be in the anime or at least the end of it, as the anime will lead up to the very first steps of Tomb Raider.

Tonyrobinson 06-03-22 17:14

Having finally watched Uncharted I'm so glad that Tomb Raider kept a different and more serious tone. I definitely think Tomb Raider overall was a far better and more layered film. I was all for making it a bit more fun and light but I actually think there were so many aspects of it done a lot better even the family plot kept it more engaging than just a treasure seeking story.

I think there should now be a chance to differentiate things with the sequel and bring in the fantasy elements and magic.

Uncharted and Indiana Jones have now sort of cornered those realism aspects and hopefully now Tomb Raider can delve into the fantasy adventure genre.

PinkyPromise 06-03-22 21:53

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;8345465]Having finally watched Uncharted I'm so glad that Tomb Raider kept a different and more serious tone. I definitely think Tomb Raider overall was a far better and more layered film. I was all for making it a bit more fun and light but I actually think there were so many aspects of it done a lot better even the family plot kept it more engaging than just a treasure seeking story.

I think there should now be a chance to differentiate things with the sequel and bring in the fantasy elements and magic.

Uncharted and Indiana Jones have now sort of cornered those realism aspects and hopefully now Tomb Raider can delve into the fantasy adventure genre.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I think Tomb Raider should focus on the tombs and the supernatural to stand out and differentiate.

michaeldt 07-03-22 06:57

[QUOTE=beencroft;8345355]I think she’ll be back for sure. After all, she was almost mentioned in Shadow before being cut. I think she’ll be in the anime or at least the end of it, as the anime will lead up to [B]the very first steps of Tomb Raider[/B].[/QUOTE]

Title of the next game.

Tonyrobinson 07-03-22 09:04

[QUOTE=PinkyPromise;8345503]Totally agree. I think Tomb Raider should focus on the tombs and the supernatural to stand out and differentiate.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I definitely felt like Uncharted had a bit if an identity crisis as I'd assumed the film would've taken place mostly in the jungles and tombs but it was more like a Mission Impossible style film. Nathan Drake came across more like a special agent at times rather than an archaeologist. There was the historical aspect there but I was surprised at all the pedestrian locations.

Tomb Raider nailed the environment so well having the action take place mostly in the jungle and the Tombs at the end. I don't want a film were Lara spends her time in nightclubs and gala auctions or being a tourist in Barcelona.

A successful Tomb Raider film should be steeped in ancient locations and have those amazing tombs and traps with Lara taking down supernatural enemies.

PinkyPromise 07-03-22 14:57

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;8345539]Yes! I definitely felt like Uncharted had a bit if an identity crisis as I'd assumed the film would've taken place mostly in the jungles and tombs but it was more like a Mission Impossible style film. Nathan Drake came across more like a special agent at times rather than an archaeologist. There was the historical aspect there but I was surprised at all the pedestrian locations.

Tomb Raider nailed the environment so well having the action take place mostly in the jungle and the Tombs at the end. I don't want a film were Lara spends her time in nightclubs and gala auctions or being a tourist in Barcelona.

A successful Tomb Raider film should be steeped in ancient locations and have those amazing tombs and traps with Lara taking down supernatural enemies.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. In fact, both Uncharted and Jungle Cruise (the last two recent adventure movies) have practically no tombs or temples. I think TR has an opportunity to differentiate focusing on it. I always say it, but Cambodia is the great example: exotic location, a great tomb, supernatural elements and a lot of fun.