Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Anniversary (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Core Design's Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition - Media & Discussion (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=112577)

Zebra 03-02-08 19:27

[QUOTE=tlr online;2466551]Maybe at the time, Eidos had given the job to Core. Perhaps later they decided to give the job to Crystal. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

Core had the original idea. They asked Eidos who allowed it.
Than Crystal did also have this idea (it's not known if they knew from Core's version or if they had the idea theirselves). Eidos let both studios produce the games (while Crystal were also finishing Legend). They later decided to use Crystals version (I think it's because Crystal made some story changes that will be important for TRU).

KIKO 03-02-08 19:29

I tought that Core were making Anniversary while Crystal were making Legend.
I think Eidos acted like let's put them making two games. Of course Crystal is our priority now and if Legend fails Core's game will out on the stores. But if Legend is a sucess Core's game will be cancelled and then we will see what will happen to them.
Legend was a sucess, Anniversary was cancelled and then Crystal started their own Anniversary.
This is my theory :D

Zebra 03-02-08 19:30

[QUOTE=KIKO;2466676]I tought that Core were making Anniversary while Crystal were making Legend.
[/QUOTE]

Crystal already started in the late production of Legend with Anniversary ;).

tlr online 03-02-08 19:31

Trouble is that all this is rumour and hearsay. I don't suppose the actual truth will ever be revealed, only someone's opinion on what happened.

Zelda master 03-02-08 19:37

Wel we do know that Core got the idea during the development of Free Running and asked permission to Eidos and they agreed, that was said in two interviews... The rest is just as you said rumours and speculation...

scion05 03-02-08 19:45

[quote=tlr online;2466686]Trouble is that all this is rumour and hearsay. I don't suppose the actual truth will ever be revealed, only someone's opinion on what happened.[/quote]

Wasn't this SAID by Core employees on a certain planet not too far away ? :whi:

tlr online 03-02-08 19:46

[QUOTE=scion05;2466748]Wasn't this SAID by Core employees on a certain planet not too far away ? :whi:[/QUOTE]

They were here on our forum. There is even a summary thread of what they said here, if I could only find it.

Zebra 03-02-08 19:49

Yes. But they weren't allowed to say everything they wanted to...sadly.

Reggie 03-02-08 19:54

On the subject of Core employees I have to say I was and still am humbled that I had a chance to speak with them online and read what they had to say conversing with us as developer to TR fan. What an experience.

tlr online 03-02-08 20:00

I wonder when it will end. This Core Design Vs Crystal Dynamics argument. It's been two years since Eidos gave the franchise to Crystal, for whatever reason, and still this debate continues. There must come a point where enough is enough. Perhaps Core did get a raw deal, but nothing we do or say today can change that. The franchise is with Crystal Dynamics, they're doing a fine job (as did Core Design, up until AOD) and Core Design as a studio is no more.

Seriously, how much more mileage does this argument have? Please don't misread that as me trying to stifle debate. You folks can debate this until you're 100 and we're getting ready to play Tomb Raider XXXXXXXIIII. :)