Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Golden Mask Playstation Release (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223581)

**LARA LOVER** 24-10-19 17:16

Okay stupid question...how do you download this and how would you burn it onto a disk to play on PlayStation?

michaeldt 24-10-19 17:27

you'd need a modded PS1/2 for sure

b122251 24-10-19 17:40

[QUOTE=TombRaiderTim;8143631]Would it be alright to see a video or two in the OP to check it out before downloading? Maybe a couple of screenshots too! :D[/QUOTE]

Sure. That's fine. I'll take some and put them up this evening.

[QUOTE=**LARA LOVER**;8143632]Okay stupid question...how do you download this and how would you burn it onto a disk to play on PlayStation?[/QUOTE]

The files are compressed into a 7z file. This can be opened with several archive tools like 7-zip, or WinRAR and such. Inside there are a bin and a cue file,
which can just be burned to a disc using any image burning software. On linux I use cdrdao, on windows you could use something like ImgBurn.
You do indeed need a modded console or equivalent to play it.

GFY2013 24-10-19 17:48

Amazing work!! Downloading :jmp:

Sardoc 24-10-19 21:01

Oh, I'm very impressed.

Is this a 1:1 port, or were there any modifications for any reason?

b122251 24-10-19 21:06

[QUOTE=Sardoc;8143714]Oh, I'm very impressed.

Is this a 1:1 port, or were there any modifications for any reason?[/QUOTE]
I was kind of hoping people would discover this by themselves and be amazed, but I managed to port all five levels keeping everything intact. No sacrifices had to be made. Every time I hit some wall the PS1 limitations presented me with, I just interpreted it as a need to be more clever. And I always found some trick to squeeze everything into the PS1's limits.

Defrago 24-10-19 22:03

The Golden Mask on PlayStation

Wonderful work! Maybe someday I'll check it on a real console

Sardoc 24-10-19 22:42

[QUOTE=b122251;8143715]I was kind of hoping people would discover this by themselves and be amazed, but I managed to port all five levels keeping everything intact. No sacrifices had to be made. Every time I hit some wall the PS1 limitations presented me with, I just interpreted it as a need to be more clever. And I always found some trick to squeeze everything into the PS1's limits.[/QUOTE]

Well done! :jmp:

LateRaider 24-10-19 23:14

At first I thought this was a bump of the very old thread. But here we are. I actually screamed out loud, "Oh my god, you [i]did it?![/i]"

My question is, did you manage to make TRII Gold save data separate from the TRII save data, or does the PS1 think they're the same game? I recall having to make several tweaks to Gh0st's TRI Gold port after I had compiled it to get it to work properly in that regard.

Edit - Ooh, you did! Great work, thank you! :)

Jeff_aod 25-10-19 06:52

Wow! This is really good! Now I can play it on my phone!!