Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

larafan25 29-09-12 20:47

[QUOTE=Zebra;6456390]That's probably just because it's off-screen footage.[/QUOTE]

It's possible, though would a still image develop such contrast?

Though it wouldn't be new if the lighting in certain parts of the game have changed.

Evermore 29-09-12 21:30

That happens with my camera all the time when I'm taking pictures of screens. :p

Tonyrobinson 29-09-12 21:32

So I know we may want more footage and stuff but thinking about it do we really?

We already know the first hour and a half of the game and story if we think about it:

Lara escapes the den after blowing it up and traverses to an area finds Sam's pack. She presses on to a base camp where she finds a bow and arrow and has her first kill. She contacts Roth through the radio where she is told to meet up at his location. She eventually finds Sam who is captured and she is trapped and has to fight wolves after this she is found by her friends. She and Whitman split up from the rest of the group where they are captured with a few other survivors. She escapes a situation where she has her first human kill and leaves that area to meet with Roth. She meets with Roth who has been mauled by wolves so she must find a medical pack and a radio transmiter. She finds it by following a wolf to a wolf den where she is thrown into another wolf fight. As she returns to camp she bandages Roth up and he suggests she scale the mountains to the radio tower she thinks that she isn't a Croft but he reminds he she is giving her the confidence to press on and a ice axe to help her climb. She goes up the mountain to the radio tower and whilst there she notices a plane crashing in the distance this urges her to go back to Roth and press on to the plane wreckage to find anything to salvage...

After this I feel she will go to the wreckage and find the scavengers looking for survivors as possible recruits. :p

I also think that the wolf den will be changed a bit now as she already has her own radio transmitter as does Roth earlier in the demo so she might just be looking for the medical pack. :)

Zebra 29-09-12 21:34

TBH, I think it's not about how much footage they've shown but about what kind of footage they've shown. I would've preferred lots of small, random gameplay bits instead of a few large chunks with cutscenes and lots of spoilers.

larafan25 29-09-12 21:39

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6456448]

I also think that the wolf den will be changed a bit now as she already has her own radio transmitter as does Roth earlier in the demo so she might just be looking for the medical pack. :)[/QUOTE]

The wolf takes Roth's transmitter though, so he wants it back. He misses it. <3

[QUOTE=Zebra;6456450]TBH, I think it's not about how much footage they've shown but about what kind of footage they've shown. I would've preferred lots of small, random gameplay bits instead of a few large chunks with cutscenes and lots of spoilers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, bahiDFANGSKH

CD have chosen to showcase footage that doesn't really show an awful lot about the gameplay (or if it does I'm scared) and have done so in a way that they don't actually disclose to many facts baout the game's mechanics.

Rai 29-09-12 22:16

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6456448]So I know we may want more footage and stuff but thinking about it do we really?

We already know the first hour and a half of the game and story if we think about it:

Lara escapes the den after blowing it up and traverses to an area finds Sam's pack. She presses on to a base camp where she finds a bow and arrow and has her first kill. She contacts Roth through the radio where she is told to meet up at his location. She eventually finds Sam who is captured and she is trapped and has to fight wolves after this she is found by her friends. She and Whitman split up from the rest of the group where they are captured with a few other survivors. She escapes a situation where she has her first human kill and leaves that area to meet with Roth. [B]She meets with Roth who has been mauled by wolves so she must find a medical pack and a radio transmiter. She finds it by following a wolf to a wolf den where she is thrown into another wolf fight. As she returns to camp she bandages Roth up and he suggests she scale the mountains to the radio tower she thinks that she isn't a Croft but he reminds he she is giving her the confidence to press on and a ice axe to help her climb. She goes up the mountain to the radio tower and whilst there she notices a plane crashing in the distance this urges her to go back to Roth and press on to the plane wreckage to find anything to salvage...
[/B]
After this I feel she will go to the wreckage and find the scavengers looking for survivors as possible recruits. :p

I also think that the wolf den will be changed a bit now as she already[B] has her own radio transmitter as does Roth earlier in the demo so she might just be looking for the medical pack.[/B] :)[/QUOTE]

We may know this stuff, but we haven't seen it and that is the story, but there's likely a whole heap of gameplay in that night hub - stuff like exploring and platforming and using the axe, which has yet to be shown us. Obviously I don't want to watch someone play through the whole thing, but a video short highlighting more plarforming and climbing would be welcome, imo.

Wait..she has a radio transformer? I know she has a walkie talkie as does Roth, but that's not enough to radio inland for help.

Lukass 29-09-12 22:20

^ There must be another walkie-talkie (or some sort of phone) in the radio tower, I think.

larafan25 29-09-12 22:26

She'll use Roth's.

But can't you just catch a signal with those things? Hence why it has a dial and stuff?

Rai 29-09-12 22:34

I still think Lara will need the radio transmitter to call for help. A walkie talkie isn't likely to be strong enough for the signal they'd need. I doubt CD have changed that scene up.

larafan25 29-09-12 22:44

Y'all!

Oh I just had a to add a ****ing apostrophe, I'll be damned.

[IMG]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg295/randomperson_2008/hifsgdn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg295/randomperson_2008/gahihigihgdighd.jpg[/IMG]

edit: You can tell she's high up, maybe on a building in the second shot, and what are those towers in the first shot!? D: