Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Lukass 22-04-12 01:12

Yep, it's so close. Just 8 days to go and May is here...:')

Stevo505 22-04-12 01:13

[QUOTE=Lukass;6122713]Great job SpyrosMonster! :D

Um, is there any other game that is going to be released in Fall and TR is going to compete with? Crystal Dynamics might be waiting until the other games have stuff out to reveal something about Tomb Raider. Because you remember well what you saw as latest if that makes sense...[/QUOTE]

I don't think Call of Duty 9 has showed anything yet... I think they're planning to reveal something in May. We'll see if Tomb Raider does anything next month.

larafan25 22-04-12 01:19

They need to drop a trailer in May.

lcroft_lc 22-04-12 04:50

[QUOTE=larafan25;6121829]

I want...

- A beach Hub
- A village hub
- A steep mountain hub
- a deep jungle hub
- a watery hub

[/QUOTE]

You know you want too much? :p

[QUOTE=Lukass;6122159]^ I couldn't resist :vlol:

Anyway, I hope Tamzin Merchant is excited about her announcement :p it's almost here...D':[/QUOTE]

I bet she is. Can't wait to see her cute face when they will reveal her. :D

Mr. Giraffe 22-04-12 05:18

[QUOTE=Lukass;6122713]Great job SpyrosMonster! :D

Um, is there any other game that is going to be released in Fall and TR is going to compete with? Crystal Dynamics might be waiting until the other games have stuff out to reveal something about Tomb Raider. Because you remember well what you saw as latest if that makes sense...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is. I know Resident Evil 6 is coming out in the fall. Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Bioshock Infinite...

Maybe these are not considered competition because they don't fall into the category that Tomb Raider does and all the stories are different but if Assassin's Creed 3 comes out a couple days before TR I doubt most gamers will pay another 50 dollars for Tomb Raider. Luckily we have a large fan base so I don't think this is going to be a huge problem but it is competition. Also most of these games already have dates so people can pre-order and plan ahead. Tomb Raider doesnt even have that.

motoleo 22-04-12 05:26

Borderlands 2? What is that? Is it Tomb Raider? If its not Tomb Raider, why would I want it?

Mr. Giraffe 22-04-12 06:05

[QUOTE=motoleo;6122883]Borderlands 2? What is that? Is it Tomb Raider? If its not Tomb Raider, why would I want it?[/QUOTE]

Luckily the entire gaming market doesnt look to you.
I am saying is that there is competition for Tomb Raider, it may not fall under the same genre but it is competition.

lcroft_lc 22-04-12 06:10

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6122670]
ANOTHER EDIT: [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOAsIBBCJw8[/URL] Here's The 2nd One ... Not as Good as the other.. but it's ok.... I THINK[/QUOTE]
2nd one is better than 1st one. :p

Lukass 22-04-12 09:43

[QUOTE=Mr. Giraffe;6122877]Also most of these games already have dates so people can pre-order and plan ahead. Tomb Raider doesnt even have that.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, this is so true...people will pre-order a game that have release date announced now and then will not have enough money left for Tomb Raider if you know what I mean. Hmmmm, their strategy plan (if they even have one) is seriously weird.

slavo120 22-04-12 09:49

[QUOTE=Lukass;6123028]Oh my god, this is so true...people will pre-order a game that have release date announced now and then will not have enough money left for Tomb Raider if you know what I mean. Hmmmm, their strategy plan (if they even have one) is seriously weird.[/QUOTE]

they still can drop a trailer in May with release date at the end, but if not then i highly doubt about release in 2012 :confused:

Lukass 22-04-12 10:02

[QUOTE=slavo120;6123031]they still can drop a trailer in May with release date at the end, but if not then i highly doubt about release in 2012 :confused:[/QUOTE]

It really doesn't make any sense to me :confused: They seriously need to drop the trailer in May with release date, because I can't help, but announcing the release date at E3 would be too late, or not? I dunno...well, will it make any difference to announce the release date in early June or sometimes in May?

slavo120 22-04-12 10:23

[QUOTE=Lukass;6123040]It really doesn't make any sense to me :confused: They seriously need to drop the trailer in May with release date, because I can't help, but announcing the release date at E3 would be too late, or not? I dunno...well, will it make any difference to announce the release date in early June or sometimes in May?[/QUOTE]
Every Autumn game (expect Tomb Raider) have a date of release, so i donīt understand this "plan" ...for me was too late already long time ago, but What can we do?:confused:....i donīt see much difference between may or june annouce the release date but who knows?

..btw,,,still is not confirmed that they announce release date on E3 :D:hea:

lcroft_lc 22-04-12 10:53

^ They have to announce the release date within E3 for sure.

BTW, anyone knows what games Karl Stewart & Brian Horton works on before?

I only know that Karl worked on Batman: Arkham Asylum, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures & Reservoir Dogs. Have no idea works of Brian Horton.:)

Rai 22-04-12 11:28

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6123122]^ They have to announce the release date within E3 for sure.

BTW, anyone knows what games Karl Stewart & Brian Horton works on before?

I only know that Karl worked on Batman: Arkham Asylum, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures & Reservoir Dogs. Have no idea works of Brian Horton.:)[/QUOTE]

Apparently:

[QUOTE]Brian Horton has 15 years of experience in the games industry at and worked on games like Medal of Honor, Clive Barker’s Undying, Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb, Marc Ecko’s Getting Up and Silent Hill Homecoming at Disney Interactive Studios (Art Director), Vivendi Universal Games (Senior Art Director) and The Collective (Lead Artist/Designer)
[/QUOTE] From [url=http://www.tombnews.com/news/2009/10/0501/]Here[/url]

tomee 22-04-12 11:32

[QUOTE=slavo120;6123068]Every Autumn game (expect Tomb Raider) have a date of release, so i donīt understand this "plan" ...for me was too late already long time ago, but What can we do?:confused:....i donīt see much difference between may or june annouce the release date but who knows?

..btw,,,still is not confirmed that they announce release date on E3 :D:hea:[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. It is already late - and have been for some time now - so announcing it sometime in May or at E3 won't make a difference.

SpyrosMonster 22-04-12 11:50

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6122899]2nd one is better than 1st one. :p[/QUOTE]

Really? Wait... you're right... :tea: I like the 2nd one more than the 1st one

larafan25 22-04-12 13:48

I preferred the first for the white, more clean and official looking screen with the dates and stuff, as well I liked it because the screen interrupted the video yet the audio was still playing.

motoleo 22-04-12 14:22

I have a feeling.. :pi:

Lukass 22-04-12 14:33

What feeling? :/

motoleo 22-04-12 14:40

^ A delay is coming...

Mikky 22-04-12 14:47

[QUOTE=motoleo;6123557]^ A delay is coming...[/QUOTE]

No, there isn't. [IMG]http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/Lara_Super_Fan/th_Untitled-90.gif[/IMG]

Linoshi Croft 22-04-12 14:48

[QUOTE=motoleo;6123557]^ A delay is coming...[/QUOTE]

Karl seemed pretty optimistic the game was on track, so stop being so pessimistic.

Lukass 22-04-12 14:48

[QUOTE=motoleo;6123557]^ A gameplay trailer is coming...[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Tonyrobinson 22-04-12 15:02

[quote=lukass;6123572]fixed.[/quote]

... Soon!

_Awestruck_ 22-04-12 15:13

Delay? I doubt it.

No news is probably good news....but really, some news would be nice. :p

lcroft_lc 22-04-12 15:29

Relax guys, everything is in their schedule and plan-wise. Right now they are preparing to unload "loads of phenomenal" info. :)

[COLOR=White]Stupid schedule & plan I must say. Stupid preparation as well, even ladies failed too. :pi:[/COLOR]

Mikky 22-04-12 15:32

We'll probably only get new stuff a week or 2 before E3. You know, hype people up before the main event. Or you know, remind people that there's actually a new TR in development. :pi:

_Awestruck_ 22-04-12 15:33

Probably another one of those E3 judges night photo albums. Damn teases.

motoleo 22-04-12 15:35

But maybe the delay already came...

Think about it. If they really wanted to delay it, why would they say anything?

Hasn't anyone been mislead about the fact that you could walk into any GameStop, you know the touch screen kiosk? Why does it say that the game is supposed to have been released already?

It kind of fits together when you think about it. Huge campaign around the time that it was "supposedly coming out" then this...

Makes sense...

larafan25 22-04-12 15:40

It makes more sense that we're not being lied to, and that the campaign was started earlier to get people used to the changes being made, people were more receptive then CD expected and for some reason this caused them to dish out lots of media (this seems implied) and for that reason the gap has been made larger because although they have media left that they were going to show they don't want to be seen as a one trick pony..

wut the fudge does this even make sense? ._.

CD I want the narrated trailer or whatever.

Rai 22-04-12 15:41

What are you talking about? The game has been scheduled for Autumn release since last year's E3. Anything GameStop are saying is false/placeholder.

larafan25 22-04-12 15:42

^Yeah, that's what I was going to say...but then other stuff came out.

Mikky 22-04-12 15:45

[QUOTE=larafan25;6123691]^Yeah, that's what I was going to say...but then other stuff came out.[/QUOTE]

What other stuff? Did I miss something?

motoleo 22-04-12 15:48

Rai and larafan25, that makes sense I suppose. :/

larafan25 22-04-12 16:01

[QUOTE=Mikky;6123699]What other stuff? Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

I said other stuff aside from my point, I rambled.

Karl mentioned that they have tons of media to show...and it seemed like they had planned on showing it...but then they didn't...weird.

_Awestruck_ 22-04-12 16:04

The "3 Months+" that he mentioned at E3 last year in an interview should've had extra emphasis on the "plus" part. :p

Spong 22-04-12 16:05

^You mean that Karl said at last year's show that it'd be around three months until there'd be more news?
Their time-keeping leaves a little to be desired.

larafan25 22-04-12 16:15

Like...wut le fuq?

Phlip 22-04-12 16:15

^You can't say that.

Mikky 22-04-12 16:16

[QUOTE=Phlip;6123772]^You can't say that.[/QUOTE]

Just shuddup.