www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

_Tomb_Raider 22-08-12 20:29

So in the cutscene when Lara speaks to Roth, she tell's him that Steph is dead... And then she says something like "It's all my falt!".
So I was thinking, didn't Karl said a while ago that this whole trip was Lara's idea...

Peep Show 22-08-12 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6394793)
So in the cutscene when Lara speaks to Roth, she tell's him that Steph is dead... And then she says something like "It's all my falt!".
So I was thinking, didn't Karl said a while ago that this whole trip was Lara's idea...

I don't remember hearing her say that. :eek:

larafan25 22-08-12 20:37

Karl said it might be Lara's fault in a recent interview, and Lara dores say "it's all my fault" in that cutscene.

SpyrosMonster 22-08-12 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394799)
I don't remember hearing her say that. :eek:

yea me neither D:

larafan25 22-08-12 20:41

"I was captured by a muuuaaannn".

Mikky 22-08-12 20:41

I figured she just said that because she was upset and she felt responsible for whatever reason. It's such a cliché thing that's said in movies that I didn't even give it a second fault. But if it really is Lara's fault somehow, I wonder what it is she did exactly.

larafan25 22-08-12 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6394808)
I figured she just said that because she was upset and she felt responsible for whatever reason. It's such a cliché thing that's said in movies that I didn't even give it a second fault. But if it really is Lara's fault somehow, I wonder what it is she did exactly.

That's exactly what I thought, I just thought it was in there for no reason.

"I was captured by a muaana, Steph too. He killed Steph."

"bla blah"

"It's all my fault".

Peep Show 22-08-12 20:44

I hope we find out in the game.

skylark1121 22-08-12 20:47

Maybe there's something that Lara did when they first washed up on the beach that somehow caused them them to be captured by the scavengers or something. :pi:

larafan25 22-08-12 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394812)
I hope we find out in the game.

IMO I'd rather they keep that bit for DLC.

lol no.

Peep Show 22-08-12 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394822)
IMO I'd rather they keep that bit for DLC.

lol no.

You got me before I saw the white text, I was like gurrl what?! :p

What if there will be flashbacks?

larafan25 22-08-12 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394824)
You got me before I saw the white text, I was like gurrl what?! :p

What if there will be flashbacks?

I'm not opposed to flashbacks...but...I don't think we'll need any.

They should just have any ship segments before we get on the island, same with anything that happened before Lara even got on the Endurance.

So it all goes in order. I like order.

Peep Show 22-08-12 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394829)
I'm not opposed to flashbacks...but...I don't think we'll need any.

They should just have any ship segments before we get on the island, same with anything that happened before Lara even got on the Endurance.

So it all goes in order. I like order.

I do too but I wish we could actually play some of the parts on the ship, it will be a cut scene fest.

larafan25 22-08-12 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394839)
I do too but I wish we could actually play some of the parts on the ship, it will be a cut scene fest.

It would have been too cool to be on the giant ship, in full control of Lara (exploration mode) as the ship rocks back and forth on the monstrous waves as a giant physics object.

Then waves come crashing onto the ship and stuff, and we wade through flooding tunnels, etc...

tomee 22-08-12 21:02

Didn't Karl (or somone else?) said the accident of the ship has something to do with Lara?

Peep Show 22-08-12 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394844)
It would have been too cool to be on the giant ship, in full control of Lara (exploration mode) as the ship rocks back and forth on the monstrous waves as a giant physics object.

Then waves come crashing onto the ship and stuff, and we wade through flooding tunnels, etc...

That reminds me of UC3, it was my favorite part of the whole game so I would've loved that. :(

Tonyrobinson 22-08-12 21:04

I do think we will enter a few fleets. Kublai Khan might well be the last level you never know. :)

Or the story could end with Lara finding the real whereabouts of Kublai Khan's fleet and become a Tomb Raider to find it in the name of her fellow expeditioners. :p

larafan25 22-08-12 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6394850)
Didn't Karl (or somone else?) said the accident of the ship has something to do with Lara?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394855)
That reminds me of UC3, it was my favorite part of the whole game so I would've loved that. :(

I wanted to just show everyone that part of UC3 because of how exciting it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 6394858)
I do think we will enter a few fleets. Kublai Khan might well be the last level you never know. :)

Or the story could end with Lara finding the real whereabouts of Kublai Khan's fleet and become a Tomb Raider to find it in the name of her fellow expeditioners. :)

Well one of the DLC packs is rumored to be named "The Lost Fleet", and I believe it has been said that the DLC takes place after the island events, in some way.

So...:pi:

I would love to explore inside ships full of water.

Tonyrobinson 22-08-12 21:08

Aww, I hope it isn't that. I'd rather do that in the game's finale. Would that make it likely that she doesn't get off the island in the end... :pi:

Time to get the theory caps on again I feel! :jmp:

Mikky 22-08-12 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394864)
Well one of the DLC packs is rumored to be named "The Lost Fleet"....

Huh? When and where did that rumor come from?

larafan25 22-08-12 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 6394867)
Aww, I hope it isn't that. I'd rather do that in the game's finale. :pi:

A bad-ass comic book ending would be young Lara sailing off the island after her grand solo discovery of the lost fleet, with all of her team dead, and unable to bring home more than the raft she floats off on. <3

Peep Show 22-08-12 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394864)
Yes.



I wanted to just show everyone that part of UC3 because of how exciting it was.



Well one of the DLC packs is rumored to be named "The Lost Fleet", and I believe it has been said that the DLC takes place after the island events, in some way.

So...:pi:

I would love to explore inside ships full of water.

I hope the rumors are true, that sounds so exciting, I love exploring ships. :jmp:

larafan25 22-08-12 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394876)
I hope the rumors are true, that sounds so exciting, I love exploring ships. :jmp:

Well in the same article they seemed to debut The Final Hours of Tomb Raider before the proper announcement, so it could be accurate.

It was described as a tricky map I believe.

But my memory is foggy.

Tonyrobinson 22-08-12 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394871)
A bad-ass comic book ending would be young Lara sailing off the island after her grand solo discovery of the lost fleet, with all of her team dead, and unable to bring home more than the raft she floats off on. <3

I think I wrote that down somewhere in this thread once too. It'd be an epic ending and a good set up for the next game. :)

larafan25 22-08-12 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 6394884)
I think I wrote that down somewhere in this thread once too. It'd be an epic ending and a good set up for the next game. :)

Maybe that's where I got the idea, lol. :p

Peep Show 22-08-12 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394878)
Well in the same article they seemed to debut The Final Hours of Tomb Raider before the proper announcement, so it could be accurate.

It was described as a tricky map I believe.

But my memory is foggy.

:eek: Take my money CeeDee.

Rai 22-08-12 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6394850)
Didn't Karl (or somone else?) said the accident of the ship has something to do with Lara?

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394864)
Yes.




Did Karl actually say that the accident had something to do with Lara. I know he said in one video 'and 3, this could be her fault...blah [something about why they're in this situation] blah' but I didn't realise he said the accident was somehow her fault. Though, to be fair, I can't possibly imagine what he could mean. I hope CD don't blab what it is before the game is out.

Tonyrobinson 22-08-12 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394878)
Well in the same article they seemed to debut The Final Hours of Tomb Raider before the proper announcement, so it could be accurate.

It was described as a tricky map I believe.

But my memory is foggy.

Oh yes! I remember that one now it was from GAME. The article mysteriously disappeared. :D

Maybe great minds think a like. :p

larafan25 22-08-12 21:19

^DAMN. I was looking for it. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6394893)
Did Karl actually say that the accident had something to do with Lara. I know he said in one video 'and 3, this could be her fault...blah [something about why they're in this situation] blah' but I didn't realise he said the accident was somehow her fault. Though, to be fair, I can't possibly imagine what he could mean. I hope CD don't blab what it is before the game is out.

I believe he did indeed say "it could be her fault" but perhaps only because Lara herself has already said "it's all my fault".

Lukass 22-08-12 21:21

Could anyone please tell me what all is she saying at 2:00?


Rai 22-08-12 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394896)
^DAMN. I was looking for it. :(



I believe he did indeed say "it could be her fault" but perhaps only because Lara herself has already said "it's all my fault".

Uh, I really hope there's some explanation as to why she would say/think that. Karl can't say it, Lara can't say it and we're just left wondering. :p

Edit: 'He took her, he took Sam...a man...like the one who killed Steph'.

Peep Show 22-08-12 21:22

Tbh I love that they're not telling us too much about the story this time, I mean we knew almost everything about Underworld.

Tonyrobinson 22-08-12 21:23

It could well be Lara's fault for not co-operating. Sam seemed fine as did the rest of the crew they all had clean clothes and looked healthy and Mattheus even kept Sam fed. Maybe Lara is the real villain in this situation. They didn't seem to be in any real harm unless Lara was with them as Steph was in the same den as Lara she would've been killed in Lara's presence she's like the angel of death. :D

larafan25 22-08-12 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6394904)
Uh, I really hope there's some explanation as to why she would say/think that. Karl can't say it, Lara can't say it and we're just left wondering. :p

Indeed, I want to know everything. No plot holes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6394903)
Could anyone please tell me what all is she saying at 2:00?


He took sam.

A man, like the one who... killed Steph (saying it slow as she realizes she's breaking news to them).

Lukass 22-08-12 21:27

^ Ah, thanks. :)

larafan25 22-08-12 21:29

So, since someone said "maybe Lara wasn't cooperating and she's dirty", it makes me wonder that maybe that has something to do with Lara getting the necklace. As it was said there is a bit of a story behind it, but it has only been in and out of artwork so it can't be that big of a deal.

Also, apparently there is some story as to how Lara and Same got there together, or something.

Underhoe 22-08-12 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6394924)

Also, apparently there is some story as to how Lara and Same got there together, or something.

They met in Lesbos, a lesbian porn store back in London.

_Tomb_Raider 22-08-12 21:32

Plus let's think about this... Since it is possible that Lara was the reason they went on this trip that could explain why Lara has dragon-like pendant, dragons are connected to Japan and the story is set in Japan, to be exact at Dragon's triangle.

Peep Show 22-08-12 21:32

And all this time we blamed Sam and her orange.

Lara this hoe. :mis:

larafan25 22-08-12 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underhoe (Post 6394928)
They met in Lesbos, a lesbian porn store back in London.

Oh right, how could I have forgot this, that time in Brighton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6394930)
Plus let's think about this... Since it is possible that Lara was the reason they went on this trip that could explain why Lara has dragon-like pendant, dragons are connected to Japan and the story is set in Japan, to be exact at Dragon's triangle.

Maybe Lara wanted it badly, and Roth is a family friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6394931)
And all this time we blamed Sam and her orange.

Lara this hoe. :mis:

"All this time I blamed myself, and it was me, I killed us"!


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.