www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Athukraz 24-10-18 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear (Post 8003879)
A clarification about Endurance Mode

It was the first big DLC for Rise that released on December 2015. (I had it on my Xbox 360 back then);
It wasn't available at launch but we knew it was coming since they announced the main DLCs when they released the season pass (we knew its name but we didn't know what that was!).

For Shadow it's different, Endurance is not planned and it's not happening...
Maybe they could change their mind and make it, but I think it won't happen.

Thanks. I don't see a reason not to add it. Shadow could benefit from it and can make people launch the game more often. There's nothing else to do in this game besides New Game + and it's kinda the same thing as New Game. They should add back Chapter Replay as well.

Vaskito 24-10-18 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8003885)
Thanks. I don't see a reason not to add it. Shadow could benefit from it and can make people launch the game more often. There's nothing else to do in this game besides New Game + and it's kinda the same thing as New Game. They should add back Chapter Replay as well.

Didn't they confirm chapter replay? Or is my mind tricking me? I think I read it somewhere, but maybe I'm just confused lol

Grizzly Bear 24-10-18 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8003885)

Tell me about it!
An Endurance mode in peruvian jungle is my dream :(
They really need to make this happen!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8003887)
Didn't they confirm chapter replay? Or is my mind tricking me? I think I read it somewhere, but maybe I'm just confused lol

It's coming, but just for the tombs! (Well, technically it's score attack).

Athukraz 24-10-18 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8003887)

I would know if they did! I'm desperate about it :p

ThatSassyKid 24-10-18 14:38

Aight lemme just give all y'all my opinion on this amazing game.

I absolutely LOVED it the entire time I played it. I took my time, and spent 24 hours on my first playthrough (didn't even get 100% in that time :p). I really love the story tbh, and the dialogue is so much better in this (DID I MENTION THE VOICE ACTING BTW?!)

Like, the environments are honestly so gorgeous, and the tombs had me super shook throughout the entire game. I really didn't like Paititi very much, but that seems to be a common opinion. The rest of the game though is pure perfection to me. I love the reduced combat (although, there could have been a few more combat encounters), and I also really love the new stealth mechanics. My first playthrough was on Deadly Obsession, so I was pretty tilted a lot :p but I loved it. My only real tripe was dying from the bugginess of it >.> but they seem to have fixed a LOT of this through patches by this point, so I can somewhat forgive them.

I'm really not understanding why people think this is a bad game. I read all the negativity on it, and have to wonder if we've played the same game? This is my favourite TR game ever, tied with TR3. I love it so much, and I really hope they carry this direction forward into future games!

DOPE 24-10-18 15:08

I would have preferred San Juan as the main and biggest hub; I don't know why but I find the visual presentation (if it makes sense) quite pleasing.

Fantasy 24-10-18 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOPE (Post 8004028)
I would have preferred San Juan as the main and biggest hub; I don't know why but I find the visual presentation (if it makes sense) quite pleasing.

I agree, it was definitely my favourite of the hubs in the game and I wish it was the biggest one instead of Paiteetee.

Emix 24-10-18 15:13

Quote:

I agree. Everything about it was nice.
It had "urban" part, it had a jungle and it had a water. It's my favorite of the bigger hubs in the game. I loved it.

amiro1989 24-10-18 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiz19 (Post 8003883)
Hahah I was mid responding to that thread when it got deleted. Since I feel like my post is relevant to the forums and not specifically to the thread, I'm just going to post it here. Damn it, I took the time to write it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The delusion from some of the members here is astronomical.

When anyone has anything remotely critical to say about the game, or ask genuine questions with concern it seems like others try to drown them out with 'hands-over-ears' aggressive attitudes about how Shadow is so 100/10.

I understand why people get so critical around here, because the delusional optimism is scary. People get more negative to counter act the overt positivity, and people get more positive to counter act the overt negativity. This place - and the feedback for Tomb Raider would be a lot better and more valuable if people were more subjective. My post in that thread wasn't negative, it was simply asking if this really something to call success over just yet, and if so, why?

Then the buzzword of misogyny was brought into it - despite saying that Tomb Raider deserves better in general. This place is whack.

This is exactly what I just emailed to the forum creator. I am done seeing these people acting this way. I've never seen the forum being this toxic in years.

I mean the same apply to those who are extremely jaded on all subject related to Tomb Raider. Both sides are extremely toxic. I so understand why we no longer see biscuits around, and I'm sad we lose these members just because some people believe they have the greater truth.

Anyways, there are just no other words to describe this situation.

ThatSassyKid 24-10-18 15:15

Quote:

100% this. I'm still really sad about there only being 1 main mission there. Wasted potential tbh.