www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Vaskito 25-11-18 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 8015601)
A possible reason for those things not returning in Shadow is because they may be planned as part of the dlc. Either way I think it’s extremely bizzare that she didn’t get any of those things when that’s what most gamers were expecting/hoping for. I mean what better way to get people talking about the game. GOW4 did it and people were lapping it up. Tbh I found a lot of the choices that they made very bizzare given it’s supposed to be the end of Lara’s origin. There’s so much they could have done with it.

I think this is a bit of a stretch to say. “Most gamers were waiting for”.
If you’re talking about the gp, what thy mostly want is Lara to dress sexy. They don’t care if it’s classic Lara or not. If you’re talking about the fandom, the divisive opinions in that regard is pretty obvious

Legends 25-11-18 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 8015616)
I never said “ThEy DoN’t CaRe AbOuT cLaSsIc LaRa”, not once. I’ve made my feelings about classic elements very clear in the past. I don’t really care about them. That doesn’t mean I don’t still think it’s bizzare that they won’t include things that are hugely requested by the Tomb Raider fanbase, Because it is very odd. Shadow was supposedly the “climactic finale of Lara’s origin story.” You would have thought from a business standpoint, with a huge budget and a lot to lose, they’d want to draw attention to the game, they’d want it hyped. Can you imagine how different the reception to Shadow would have been if by the end of the game she was dual wielding her pistols, with a braid and her classic outfit? That’s why I think it’s bizzare, because they would have know that too, they aren’t stupid. They would have known that if that’s what they did with the game, the reception would be huge and gamers would be talking about it. It would be a big deal. Instead they chose to go in a completely different direction, now all I see is gamers saying “Why did her origin need to be a trilogy?” “It was completely pointless” “she never became the Tomb Raider” e.c.t
From a business stand point I don’t think their decisions make a lot of sense.
That’s why I mentioned GOW4, those developers knew their fanbase, they knew that including Kratos’s original weapon as a surprise would be a massive deal, and that’s exactly what it was.

Pretty much. They don't seem capable of doing something like GOW4 did. From what I've seen of any of them talking... They've lost all touch with what the fans actually responds to/want. (Oh yeah, I know some of you love this crazy nonsense, I haven't forgotten about you) For some reason they don't pick up any of the great things other developers do, like the GOW4 reveal, but they love picking up their bad habits/trends. Like planned endless dlc's that so far has been pretty pathetic, and it's really just a money grab with lazy content. It's actually much lazier than ever. The Rise dlc was actually decent.

Shadow was very clearly a pretty lazy game for the start, so served them right that it flopped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahmier (Post 8015620)
I believe they’re saving all the classic stuff for the last dlc. The one only season pass owners receive.

I have no faith they will do that. If they can't even manage to get a somewhat decent ending a "classic" thrill in the main game, but they are saving that for a broken up part in the small but many dlc's? Please. Seems foolish to even believe this. Not me judging, just based on the track record of the reboot.

Patrick star 25-11-18 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 8015662)

Shadow was very clearly a pretty lazy game for the start, so served them right that it flopped.

Why do you always have to be so condescending ?

Athukraz 25-11-18 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid (Post 8015648)
Is it gold? If so, it's just something that's redeemable on the TR website. There are 3 or 4 of them iirc.

No it's Platinum. Completely new

Legends 25-11-18 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8015679)

Sure, I'm always condescending. Whatever. It's still the truth. Just take a look at the game. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Yuna´s Wish 25-11-18 13:39

I'd love to know what would annoy you all more: that future DLCs brought back those -shallow- classic elements back...or that they never would. Same with the outfits, that they'd eventually patch out the restriction...or that they never would.

Some people will manage to complain in either scenario:
- If they do, 'it should have been there from the beginning, you lazy selfish fan-hater developer!!!'.
- If they don't, 'they had the opportunity to make things right with us, the fanbase, and they never did...that's how much they care'.

I don't envy EM or CD, at all.

Patrick star 25-11-18 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 8015682)
Sure, I'm always condescending. Whatever. It's still the truth..

It's true that I'm not a game developer and I'm as far from this domain as possible , but I've read a bit about the job conditions and they can be really ****ty at times . the people of EM (or any developer really) probably worked their butts off on developing their game , under pressure and deadlines , only to be met by people like you going "I hope their game flops , they deserve it tehehe" , just put yourself in their shoes for a minute .

Appreciate that you're admitting your 24/7 condescending attitude , but a pity that you've apparently done nothing to improve it . Like , do you enjoy being nasty or something ??

Vaskito 25-11-18 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8015679)

Because he hates the success of the reboot, so basically he pulls this kind of antagonistic comments, to give him something to keep going, even if it makes no sense.
Second best launch in the franchise. 1.4M physical units sold in its first month of release without knowing pre-sales, digital and PC sales is hardly a "flop"

TrustyBow 25-11-18 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 8015682)
Sure, I'm always condescending. Whatever. It's still the truth. Just take a look at the game. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Yeah but I'm not really sure how one can be so proactively condescending and so passionate in their hate for the game when they haven't even played it :confused:

Kurtis666 25-11-18 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8015686)
Because he hates the success of the reboot, so basically he pulls this kind of antagonistic comments, to give him something to keep going, even if it makes no sense.
Second best launch in the franchise. 1.4M physical units sold in its first month of release without knowing pre-sales, digital and PC sales is hardly a "flop"

God, you're so pathetic Vaskito. Everyone who thinks other than your fanboyish mind must be "hating" right? Love how you complain about the drama here when you and some of your "cult" actually the ones who start it.

Pathetic.