Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

iWANEX 12-12-19 01:11

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8158271]RE 2 also already outsold the original RE 2's lifetime sales. 5 million for RE is very good. RE7 sold around 2.4 Million if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm more used to TR's numbers (I don't pay attention to other franchises that much), so maybe that's why I compared them automatically. RE7 selling 2.4M is way too low, though. That's weird.

charmedangelin 12-12-19 01:23

[QUOTE=iWANEX;8158274]I guess I'm more used to TR's numbers (I don't pay attention to other franchises that much), so maybe that's why I compared them automatically. RE7 selling 2.4M is way too low, though. That's weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, around 3-4 is average for RE. I remember Capcom came out and said that even though RE7 didn't sell as high, they were going to keep going in the horror direction because they took time to study exactly what RE was all about since the beginning and believed that they were on the right track. Especially since RE7 got really good reviews.

They decided to combine the best parts of RE4 while retaining the classic level design and puzzles with the horror of RE7 and struck gold with RE2 remake. It actually managed to please most fans of the RE franchise.

5 million is very strong for RE. Which is probably why they a rushing so quickly to remake RE3 in the same format as the RE2 remake.

Edit

And to be honest I'm not sure if RE3 will perform as well. It's no secret that Leon is the most popular character there is in the RE franchise. So is Jill too since she started it all with Chris, but Leon just strikes a certain cord in people that just gets them really pumped.

Same happened with RE6, when they announced Leon would be in it RE6 sold like hot cakes.

He is the apple of most people's eyes.

SoraSakai 12-12-19 01:25

RE7 sold 2.4M copies in its release week. That is not it’s lifetime sales.

The game has sold almost 8M copies by now.

[url]http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html[/url]
This was back in September, so it’s only increased since then.

[I]Edit: I wrote “weak” instead of “week” because I’m a train wreck.[/I]

charmedangelin 12-12-19 01:27

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8158278]RE7 sold 2.4M copies in its release week. That is not it’s lifetime sales.

The game has sold almost 8M copies by now.

[I]Edit: I wrote “weak” instead of “week” because I’m a train wreck.[/I][/QUOTE]
Ah thanks for correcting, so given that RE2 remake sold double that we can expect around 16 million lifetime sales if the momentum doesn't drop due to RE3 releasing so soon.

SoraSakai 12-12-19 01:29

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8158279]Ah thanks for correcting, so given that RE2 remake sold double that we can expect around 16 million lifetime sales if the momentum doesn't drop due to RE3 releasing so soon.[/QUOTE]
They announced at their conference though that it was financially successful though. They kept things pretty small scale and used in-house tech, so it helped maintain a modest budget.

Which is what I really want for TR.

Capcom really turned their sinking ship around lately with RE7, DMC5 and RE2ReMake

charmedangelin 12-12-19 01:32

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8158280]They announced at their conference though that it was financially successful though. They kept things pretty small scale and used in-house tech, so it helped maintain a modest budget.

Which is what I really want for TR.

Capcom really turned their sinking ship around lately with RE7, DMC5 and RE2ReMake[/QUOTE]
They sure did and most of that is because they are actually trying to please fans while also technically innovating to provide a fresh experience.

iWANEX 12-12-19 01:43

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8158281]They sure did and most of that is because they are actually trying to please fans while also technically innovating to provide a fresh experience.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think this fandom would be very pleased to see the classics get the RE2 treatment tbf.

charmedangelin 12-12-19 01:47

[QUOTE=iWANEX;8158282]Well, I don't think this fandom would be very pleased to see the classics get the RE2 treatment tbf.[/QUOTE]

To be honest as long as they remained faithful to Lara, meaning the classic outfit, duals, personality, like Leon and Claire then I could at least accept them. Especially if they researched the classics extensively like Capcom did and worked to incorporate some of those classic elements into it. Like platforming being based on distance and less magnetic and traps being a bit more devious. Working to keep the classic level design to a point, but also being a bit creative like Nicobus.

I would say Nicobus is pretty close to what a RE2 styled TR remake would look like.

I'd accept it any day of the week, for me personally.

JsotoTRSaga 12-12-19 02:26

[QUOTE=iWANEX;8158282]Well, I don't think this fandom would be very pleased to see the classics get the RE2 treatment tbf.[/QUOTE]

I would and I've said it before.

Swiz19 12-12-19 02:45

Based on what?

I see a lot of comments towards the 'classic fans' about 'complaining' and how they will never be happy no matter how hard CD/SE tries to make games like the classics. The thing is, no one can prove that. CD/SE have never tried to emulate or be inspired by the classics since they took over 16 years ago. In fact, they've only gone further and further away from the source material.

Hence the continued complaining and why the classics fans are 'never happy'. I mean, you could even argue that this forum seemed to be in a far better place when we thought the mansion was coming, the hint of a classic inspired outfit and even leaked code alluding to dual pistols (or even the original ending with the dual pistols).

Of course none of that came to fruition, so of course the fandom continues to be unhappy. Because we continued to be disappointed and lied too.