www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

shockwave_pulsar00 26-07-16 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl (Post 7623815)
Haven't watched Arrow but I've seen all the Avenger movies; the bow and arrow are identifiable with Hawkeye's character plus he's a superhero, which is slightly different to Lara :-p I just meant she never used to have the bow and arrow and it's an odd weapon choice for a young woman in a contemporary setting - unless new Lara is an archery enthusiast! lol

Lara was in that Sister's of Artemis archery club in college. CD confirmed that when fans asked what the logo on her travel cup meant (the one on her desk in Reboot's intro)

quetzalcoatl 26-07-16 15:20

Thanks, I didn't know about the archery club!

SamCactus101 28-07-16 05:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl (Post 7623815)
Haven't watched Arrow but I've seen all the Avenger movies; the bow and arrow are identifiable with Hawkeye's character plus he's a superhero, which is slightly different to Lara :-p I just meant she never used to have the bow and arrow and it's an odd weapon choice for a young woman in a contemporary setting - unless new Lara is an archery enthusiast! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl (Post 7623924)
Thanks, I didn't know about the archery club!

Yep, Lara has done archery before in college but never in a situation like the one she was thrown in. The bow would be a weird contemporary weapon, even for superheroes, but since it's the first weapon she finds in the game, it kind of just stuck I suppose.

Tonyrobinson 28-07-16 11:54

Not a good source but IMDb has stated Jing Tian is Sam.

Heidi_w_ 28-07-16 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7625283)
Not a good source but IMDb has stated Jing Tian is Sam.

Oooo, I like her -- interesting coincidence that like Alicia, she's also a former dancer :)

She seems rather tall, though -- would be odd for Sam to tower over Lara, though it might simply be illusory...

Rai 28-07-16 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7625283)
Not a good source but IMDb has stated Jing Tian is Sam.

Where? It's not on the Tomb Raider page, nor hers.

I had to look her up, I didn't know who she is :p.

Tonyrobinson 28-07-16 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7625295)
Where? It's not on the Tomb Raider page, nor hers.

I had to look her up, I didn't know who she is :p.

Hmm, it was definitely there this morning. :pi:

I wonder is it legitimate, the Scott Shapiro one turned out true.

shockwave_pulsar00 28-07-16 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7625283)
Not a good source but IMDb has stated Jing Tian is Sam.

Just checked and looks like she was already taken off the page lol. Usually its just someone with IMDB plus trying to get their favorite actors noticed...or to be a joke. She looked ok, but she hasnt been in any English speaking roles from what I can tell and Sam has an "LA party girl" quality to her voice.

I do also think they should get someone who is partly Japanese, as Himiko and Hoshi would be atleast as well

Trenton 28-07-16 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7625283)
Not a good source but IMDb has stated Jing Tian is Sam.

Jing Tian? That's no Japanese name! That's Chinese! :eek:
Well, I guess this either means Hollywood doesn't give a crap and think she'll pass for Japanese among western audiences anyway or that they have changed the setting from a Japanese island to a Chinese one, including a Chinese myth etc (possibly to appeal more to the lucrative Chinese market?). :ponder:

Tonyrobinson 28-07-16 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7625347)
Jing Tian? That's no Japanese name! That's Chinese! :eek:
Well, I guess this either means Hollywood doesn't give a crap and think she'll pass for Japanese among western audiences anyway or that they have changed the setting from a Japanese island to a Chinese one, including a Chinese myth etc (possibly to appeal more to the lucrative Chinese market?). :ponder:

Possibly although I doubt it's legitimate knowing IMDb, but they did get Scott Shapiro right. I guess time will tell it shouldn't be too long until filming commences. If they follow the DC slate then it'll be a sixth month shoot starting in November.

Isn't Himiko a figure in Chinese culture as well as Japanese?


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.