www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

SamCactus101 28-09-16 07:52

^ if only there's a solid confirmation. But right now the only thing we know is that its loosely based on the reboot.

Heidi_w_ 28-09-16 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7658908)
Will it be too predictable if the movie is directly based off the 2013 game? Perhaps the last thing needed would be a copy-and-paste of the game in the live-action format.

No more so than every movie that's ever been based on a book, nursery rhyme, etc -- in terms of numbers, 80-90% of people who go see the movie will not have played the game, so no big deal there. And it certainly has never stopped movies based on popular books being successful, despite everyone already knowing the story and outcome going in.

Jorje Croft 28-09-16 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ (Post 7658974)
No more so than every movie that's ever been based on a book, nursery rhyme, etc -- in terms of numbers, 80-90% of people who go see the movie will not have played the game, so no big deal there. And it certainly has never stopped movies based on popular books being successful, despite everyone already knowing the story and outcome going in.

This is a thing, what makes me to think that movie will be mix of both classic/reboot. completely reboot Lara on screen will not work perfectly as there are 53636 characters with a box on screen already. audience needs something different. Guns please.

Heidi_w_ 28-09-16 12:11

^ Pretty certain it won't be a "mix". They are putting the movie firmly into the reboot universe, so bow & single pistol, ponytail & cargo pants.

Jorje Croft 28-09-16 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ (Post 7659006)
^ Pretty certain it won't be a "mix". They are putting the movie firmly into the reboot universe, so bow & single pistol, ponytail & cargo pants.

You can wait and see ;) Reboot universe doesn't mean copy and paste from the game. You can check other franchise movie ''reboot universes'', movie industry works totally in a different way. They are not going to make a new REMBO movie. 2Hourse running in a jungles and killing bad guys.I have REMBO vibes. Previous TR movies are ''based'' on a games too but there is nothing similar in a story line and queen Angelina wears shorts just for 4 minutes.

OrangeFr3ak 28-09-16 19:08

So the reboot movie could end up like the first two movies in the sense of being loosely based off the games but no connection at all or even being canon?

Heidi_w_ 28-09-16 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7659156)
So the reboot movie could end up like the first two movies in the sense of being loosely based off the games but no connection at all or even being canon?

Rich Briggs said: This is the modern survival-action origin story time line as opposed to the classic [Lara Croft], thus inferring the movie's ties to the 2013 Reboot.

Tonyrobinson 29-09-16 16:33

I am wondering since Cape Town is known to be quite a desert area will they perhaps feature scenes from Rise with Lara in Syria or perhaps change the location to suit the surroundings of the film, although they also have an area that can double as anywhere.

Playing with the idea that is would be an original origin story in the reboot timeline what about exploring Lara on a side adventure in Syria showing scenes of her in Croft Manor before she sets out to find the lost prophet in the second film.

lizardspock110 29-09-16 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7659488)
I am wondering since Cape Town is known to be quite a desert area will they perhaps feature scenes from Rise with Lara in Syria or perhaps change the location to suit the surroundings of the film, although they also have an area that can double as anywhere.

Playing with the idea that is would be an original origin story in the reboot timeline what about exploring Lara on a side adventure in Syria showing scenes of her in Croft Manor before she sets out to find the lost prophet in the second film.

There are some semi-deserts I think but nothing Syria worthy
I'm not sure though. :ponder:

I think it would be better if its half reboot half pre-rise or something

I'm hoping that there won't be family and relationship drama like in the previous movies, still worried that this will happen - especially her having a relationship with some random guy

Jorje Croft 29-09-16 18:42

Why some people think that movie will introduce same story :confused: Based on the reboot universe,doesn't mean they are going to copy-paste.
More deserts please.