www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

lizardspock110 29-09-16 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorje Croft (Post 7659541)
Why some people think that movie will introduce same story :confused: Based on the reboot universe,doesn't mean they are going to copy-paste.
More deserts please.

I think it will be loosely based on the reboot. But there will most likely be differences. I didn't like the reboot's story very much, so I hope they improve on this.

OrangeFr3ak 29-09-16 19:48

Perhaps they can even let Lara completed her post-grad studies, not necessarily a PhD but maybe at the Masters level unlike the games?

Jorje Croft 29-09-16 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizardspock110 (Post 7659546)
I think it will be loosely based on the reboot. But there will most likely be differences. I didn't like the reboot's story very much, so I hope they improve on this.

me neither it was a big mess. for game it works because of gameplay. but for a movie its really simple story for children under 3 .:jmp: Whole idea can be turned into interesting storyline lets see. I really wish some adult drama and storyline with beautiful action and fight choreography

Tonyrobinson 30-09-16 12:56

I do think it would be cool to see a gap adventure between the Games but having its own sort of spin, the comics are doing it and so are the books and DLC so they could do a Batman Begins style reboot showing Lara setting out on an adventure with her flashbacks to Yamatai and her origins then finally snapping to present day for her to start her adventure.

JACOBryanBURNS 30-09-16 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7659585)
Perhaps they can even let Lara completed her post-grad studies, not necessarily a PhD but maybe at the Masters level unlike the games?

Why on earth would this detail matter in the slightest?

Scottlee 03-10-16 20:30

Watched the first movie on the TV yesterday. :D First time in absolute yonks.

It's so much better now it's years later and there's no expectations anymore. Quite enjoyed it.

OrangeFr3ak 03-10-16 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACOBryanBURNS (Post 7659800)
Why on earth would this detail matter in the slightest?

Her being better educated could mean that she'll be more knowledgeable..

welshguy34 04-10-16 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottlee (Post 7661090)
Watched the first movie on the TV yesterday. :D First time in absolute yonks.

It's so much better now it's years later and there's no expectations anymore. Quite enjoyed it.

I thought that the last time I watched it. Did not think it was brilliant but my expectations were low and I thought it was an entertaining film. So much so that I decided to watch the second film the following day. I soon regretted that.

Trenton 04-10-16 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7659585)

If anything I think they should make her less bookish and nerdy. They need to bring more of the daredevil adventurer back from the classics. The one who went adventuring for the sport of it. They went too far in the opposite direction with reboot Lara. :ponder:

Epic Fumble 05-10-16 01:12

The first Tomb Raider movie is a guilty pleasure of mine :D

Have they started filming the new one?