www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Rai 06-12-16 15:01

Maybe the Chinese boys are for a Himiko flashback scene?

.:Tirivol:. 06-12-16 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7688949)
Maybe the Chinese boys are for a Himiko flashback scene?

yes, probably that's it!

Heidi_w_ 06-12-16 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7688946)
Perhaps Jinn Tian's involvement could be true as she's a Chinese actress.

I was just about to say that...though while she speaks passable English, I doubt she'd be proficient enough to carry off an American accent. I'm thinking her Sam would likely be exclusively Chinese in heritage.

Zebra 06-12-16 16:32

If they're supposed to be Yamatai natives, they should still be speaking Japanese (or some variation thereof), though. The only two ways this could make sense with the mythology from the game would be if they're part of that Chinese ambassador's entourage, who is mentioned in some of the journals, or if they're modern castaways from a Chinese ship.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ (Post 7688973)
I was just about to say that...though while she speaks passable English, I doubt she'd be proficient enough to carry off an American accent. I'm thinking her Sam would likely be exclusively Chinese in heritage.

If they're truly making Yamatai Chinese, maybe she could be playing Hoshi? Or was the rumour specifically that she'd be playing Lara's female sidekick?

Heidi_w_ 06-12-16 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 7688975)
If they're truly making Yamatai Chinese, maybe she could be playing Hoshi? Or was the rumour specifically that she'd be playing Lara's female sidekick?

Iirc, when her casting briefly appeared on IMDB she was listed as portraying Sam, though it went down so quickly no one got a chance to take a screen cap of it...

VictorXD 06-12-16 17:17

Maybe the movie starts at the Chinese coast, and there's some local talk of disappearing ships and planes and Lara/some other character talks to them? It's very cliche so it's very likely IMO.

The ambassador idea is also pretty good.

What ever happens, I'd hate it for them to change the Yamatai plot too much. Changing Himiko's heritage is pretty stupid for me.

Tonyrobinson 06-12-16 21:40

Confirmation of a January shoot is nice too, a month to go, I can't wait to see who the cast is. :)

Rai 06-12-16 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7689088)
Confirmation of a January shoot is nice too, a month to go, I can't wait to see who the cast is. :)

We know: Alicia Vikander and 2 unnamed Chinese lads :p

I'll get my coat :pi:

GeekOfComedy 06-12-16 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7689089)
We know: Alicia Vikander and 2 unnamed Chinese lads :p

I'll get my coat :pi:

Hahahaha :vlol:

It could be something to do with the other wreckages. 15-19 is very young though, doesn't seem like mercenaries to me. :confused:

Tonyrobinson 06-12-16 22:19

Speculation and theory time. :p

So piecing together the information and really reaching to piece together some sort of plot Lara's father goes missing looking for some Chinese mythological phenomenon which leads her to an island...

Wouldn't it be funny if Richard went looking for the Dagger of Xian... :vlol:

Perhaps they'll even try to tie in the original Core backstory and have her crash land in the Himalayas.