www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

TrustyBow 26-02-21 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewak (Post 8282141)
FF7R will be free with PSPlus next month BUT that version somehow won't be eligible for the PS5 upgrade :rolleyes:

Bruh what? lol

Seems like you'd be screwing yourself over by downloading this, if you wanted to eventually upgrade. Now the timing of the dlc trailer makes sense.

Pretty scummy move, Sony/SE.

killchan 26-02-21 20:04

I've had this same argument on steam forums back when the Control debacle happened.

There's nothing scammy about this.

The upgrade is free for owners of the game. Literally.

By adding a PS+ game to your library , you don't own that game. Sony can take it back anytime. It doesn't happen that often , but it does.

rewak 26-02-21 20:28

True, but what exactly is stopping them providing the PS5 version? You don't own the game sure just like any digital download, you buy a license to access that game. When your subscription runs out your license no longer works so the games don't boot. It's funny you should mention Control because that was just a PS+ game and had the PS5 upgrade included so what's the problem here? There isn't one, they want people to pay for it, that's all and that's scummy.

Blackmoor 27-02-21 02:27

I swear everytime I buy a game, it becomes available on ps+ within a month or two.

Bought Control, next month ps+ game

Bought FF7R, 2 months later ps+ game

There are others too, these are just the most recent examples.

killchan 27-02-21 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewak (Post 8282184)
True, but what exactly is stopping them providing the PS5 version? You don't own the game sure just like any digital download, you buy a license to access that game. When your subscription runs out your license no longer works so the games don't boot.

What's stopping them from giving away a new game for free? The answer is in the question.

The PS4 version and the PS5 version of any game are 2 separate products, and the first is usually muuuuch cheaper by the time the 2nd comes out.

The shady Spiderman Miles+Parker Remastered bundle, FF7R, Control... they're all signs that companies don't smile as they give away the PS5 version for free: they grind their teeth.

They could make you buy the game again if they wanted (the so called "remaster"), but they won't, not this time, because Microsoft have started pushing the seamless migration talk. Legally speaking however, if you get a console game, you shouldn't expect to get the next gen version for free: it's a different product.

Specifically, the PS4 version of FF7R is on PS+, the PS5 version isn't and won't be for a long time. Since it's a """"new product"""" and it'd be stupid to just put it on PS+ for every new PS5 owner to get.

In short, don't ask companies to give you free stuff.
If you don't want to deal with any of this , get a PC.

DragonSlayer 03-03-21 23:17

I've made it past Wall Market and the second audition and the dress Aeris wore this time around was terrible compared to the red dress that she wore on my first playthrough, I couldn't quite tell what colour the dress was because of all the lights from the various buildings in Wall Market, it might have been a pale pink or maybe a light pink, whatever colour it was, it was a terrible dress the red dress suited her better.

DragonSlayer 08-03-21 15:52

I'm currently doing the pull-ups at the Wall Market Gym and I'm finding the pull-ups a lot easier than the darts game, I've done the trainee and amateur difficulty levels without much difficulty, it's pro difficulty I'm dreading I watched a video of it on YouTube and was like :cen: that guy is very fast.

The only thing I dislike about the pull-ups is that when Tifa falls down she seems to take ages to get back up while the guy she is competing against gets back up more quickly than she does.

It's easy once the pattern of what buttons to press is memorised I just wish that the button prompts didn't disappear as quickly as they do.

Lara_Fan1 08-03-21 23:00

I'm not really a big fan of Final Fantasy, I think I've only ever played FFX and FFXII (I think, which ever one has Snow and Lightning and Snow's girlfriend is turned into a crystal) but after hearing this FFVIIR being on PS+ and all my friends saying FFVII was the best game I downloaded it.

An I'm actually enjoying it, which I didn't think would happen. Although I was kinda disappointed when I clicked on Classic Mode, I was expecting us to play the turn based combat like how the classics used to play.

DragonSlayer 09-03-21 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 8284241)
I'm not really a big fan of Final Fantasy, I think I've only ever played FFX and FFXII (I think, which ever one has Snow and Lightning and Snow's girlfriend is turned into a crystal) but after hearing this FFVIIR being on PS+ and all my friends saying FFVII was the best game I downloaded it.

An I'm actually enjoying it, which I didn't think would happen. Although I was kinda disappointed when I clicked on Classic Mode, I was expecting us to play the turn based combat like how the classics used to play.

FFX and FFX-2 were the last Final Fantasy games I played and liked I'm not a big fan of FF12 because of the main character Vaan who I consider to be very whiny I often refer to him as Final Fantasy's version of Justin Bieber, I wish that Balthier had as originally intended been the main character of FF12.

FF9 is my least favourite Final Fantasy game after the futuristic settings if FF7 and FF8 I didn't like playing an FF game in a setting that wasn't as futuristic as FF7 and FF8.

FF7 original was the first Final Fantasy game that I played before that I had never played any of the Final Fantasy games that were set in a medieval setting which is why I didn't like FF9.

FF7, FF8, FFX and FFX-2 are my favourite Final Fantasy games, the only thing I didn't like about FFX-2 was the change they made to Blitzball where it was changed to a football manager style setup where you watch arrows representing players fly around the screen but didn't get to see the actual game itself.

Triple Triad is my favourite Final Fantasy minigame I once spent an entire day trying to get a card from a guy who repeatedly beat me, 10 hours later I had the card that I wanted, I must have set a record that day for most resets of a PS1.

Lord Lulu 10-03-21 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8284345)
FFX and FFX-2 were the last Final Fantasy games I played and liked I'm not a big fan of FF12 because of the main character Vaan who I consider to be very whiny I often refer to him as Final Fantasy's version of Justin Bieber, I wish that Balthier had as originally intended been the main character of FF12.

FF9 is my least favourite Final Fantasy game after the futuristic settings if FF7 and FF8 I didn't like playing an FF game in a setting that wasn't as futuristic as FF7 and FF8.

FF7 original was the first Final Fantasy game that I played before that I had never played any of the Final Fantasy games that were set in a medieval setting which is why I didn't like FF9.

FF7, FF8, FFX and FFX-2 are my favourite Final Fantasy games, the only thing I didn't like about FFX-2 was the change they made to Blitzball where it was changed to a football manager style setup where you watch arrows representing players fly around the screen but didn't get to see the actual game itself.

Triple Triad is my favourite Final Fantasy minigame I once spent an entire day trying to get a card from a guy who repeatedly beat me, 10 hours later I had the card that I wanted, I must have set a record that day for most resets of a PS1.

In full agreement with the FF12 characters. Balthier and Fran are the most interesting characters from the game. Vaan and Penelo never seemed to do much.

FFX and FF7 are my favorites. Final Fantasy 10 was my first into the series. Only got to play FF7 many years later. The original still holds up today. Final Fantasy 10-2 I have mixed feelings for. It's a good enough game but the dressphere system makes it strange for me. Like a game I shouldn't play in front of others. Also, would have liked Rikku as the main more than Yuna.

The only others I played are FF12 and 13 but never finished them. After a time FF12 felt a little tedious in the combat system. While FF13 was just dull. I don't mind reading some codex entries but they way they did it made it feel like reading a novel just to understand the story.