www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

xcrushterx 15-06-21 23:17

I was really disappointed that the only real FF bit of content we got from E3 was a retelling of FF1, the most nondescript game of the franchise. :( square should have shown 16!

Yuna´s Wish 16-06-21 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lulu (Post 8304857)
Final Fantasy X was my first and is my favorite Final Fantasy game.:hug:

I've only fully completed X-2 once. I like the game well enough. But trying for the 100% is to tedious for me and I have tried multiple times. Would have liked more Lulu but Rikku rocks in X-2.

It took me 6 consecutive attempts to 100% X-2 when I first played it :eek: Now I can do it in a single playthrough, provided I follow a guide, that is :o

I feel like I'm one of the few who would have liked X-3 after the audio drama. The whole beckoning affair, Tidus' clinging to life, Yuna being gloomier than ever before...

...I loved it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcrushterx (Post 8304868)
a retelling of FF1, the most nondescript game of the franchise. :(

And that could very well be the reason why they chose the first one :p It's a clean slate.

So far, the game is a Nioh mod. Not that I mind that, I like Nioh a lot. I'd have preferred the Soulsborne more open, more interconnected world. It'd have been way more appropiate for a FF game (and its plot and world), but gameplay-wise the team behind Nioh has always excelled and fun and challenge will be there.

Greenapple968 16-06-21 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiro1989 (Post 8304806)
Reminds me of FF8 music; Edea's music.

I've not played Final Fantasy 8, so I wouldn't know. :p The only Final Fantasy games that I know well are 10 and 10-2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8304810)
Absolutely! A big fan of both, X and X-2 :D

I've 100%ed X-2 quite a few times. I can't say the same about X, though. It requires a lot of grinding with its massive Sphere Grid and the need to farm special spheres to create better nodes than the ones available.

I hope your copies arrive soon!

Final Fantasy 10 certainly is the harder game in my opinion, and requires more grinding. You have to get really good stats, weapons and armours in order to be able to take down the Dark Aeons, Arena Bosses and Penance. With Final Fantasy 10-2 you can just rely on the Catnip in order to take down the most powerful opponents. I'd say the toughest opponents are Trema, Paragon, Chac and Angra Mainyu, but I really don't think they compete with the likes of Penance and Nemesis.

Thank you; I hope it arrives soon as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lulu (Post 8304857)
Final Fantasy X was my first and is my favorite Final Fantasy game.:hug:

I've only fully completed X-2 once. I like the game well enough. But trying for the 100% is to tedious for me and I have tried multiple times. Would have liked more Lulu but Rikku rocks in X-2.

I tend to play Final Fantasy 10-2 through three times; that's what's required in order to see every scene and collect every item. At the start of Chapter 2, I give that sphere to New Yevon the first time and then the Youth League every other time afterwards. I get an Episode Complete on every location the first time in order to obtain the Mascot Dressphere, then I intentionally get Episode Concluded on some locations the 2nd and 3rd time as it's needed in order to obtain certain items.

killchan 16-06-21 08:41

Final Fantasy Origins is basically a soulslike FF7R without tactical mode and a couple of real time mechanics. to name one, you can recognize the spell as enemies cast it, parry it and send it back.

The narrative is ... Chaos.

Lord Lulu 16-06-21 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenapple968 (Post 8304898)
I tend to play Final Fantasy 10-2 through three times; that's what's required in order to see every scene and collect every item. At the start of Chapter 2, I give that sphere to New Yevon the first time and then the Youth League every other time afterwards. I get an Episode Complete on every location the first time in order to obtain the Mascot Dressphere, then I intentionally get Episode Concluded on some locations the 2nd and 3rd time as it's needed in order to obtain certain items.

Had bought the guide book to get 100%. But I just never could bring myself to finish it at 100%. In some ways it mirrors the problem I have with Dragon Age Inquisition.

Tsarina 16-06-21 16:48

Surprised no one is talking about the new ending in FFVII Intergrade, which in a way is kind of a little trailer for Part 2 I think.

rewak 16-06-21 17:02

Literally didn't even know there was a new ending! That's what happens when you release something on a console no one can actually buy :p It's not all that much after watching it, same questions, no answers, just an extra 5 minutes of chatter between the gang. All it really shows is that maybe we'll start Part 2 in Kalm rather than on the road to it, or as Zak, honestly who knows what goes on in Nomura's head.

Greenapple968 16-06-21 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lulu (Post 8304935)
Had bought the guide book to get 100%. But I just never could bring myself to finish it at 100%. In some ways it mirrors the problem I have with Dragon Age Inquisition.

I think I needed to consult a walkthrough in order to reach 100% and earn the special ending that you get if you complete the game 100%. I remember years ago when there were those cheatbooks that you could buy, and the supercheats site that existed online. Nowadays you can usually just find a YouTube video which gives you all the help you need. :p

Hyper_Crazy 19-06-21 18:23

Can't believe I missed so many good songs from FFVIIR when I played last year because I was always around people when I was playing

rewak 21-06-21 20:46

So there's a FF9 anime series in the works!? https://finalweapon.net/2021/06/21/f...21-early-2022/


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.