www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Software Development (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Meta2tr update. (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=135733)

HeinzFritz 09-09-18 19:03

Try merging the objects into the room geometry first and then open it all in meta and apply the weight to the selected vertices.

LoreRaider 09-09-18 19:29

That's what I do, with that list I merge some statics into the room geometry, then I open the RoomAll.mqo file, select the verticles I want the effect and then apply the changed weights to those verticles

Btw seems that using an old version (actually I've tried v7) makes this effect working, except for some still, which also were working on my PC (not the laptop) :ponder:

Craig Michaels 31-01-19 21:05

Iím curious if anyone has used meta2TR to make realistic tree trunks/branches that Lara can still on on - like in TR3 but with more curves?

Titak 01-02-19 11:25

Nope, not yet. Well, I haven't. Perhaps other builders have.

But it made me think about it, and the issue would be the Lara either wouldn't be able to hang from the branches or that it would look odd if she did (for example hands in midair because of the rounded branch).

But... what about using bridges to create the branches. With the BRIDGE objects you can now also create narrower pathways for Lara to walk on, and you can make them sloped, diagonal, circular, etc.
You won't be able to hang from those types of bridges though, but that would be okay I think.
And with the bridges in place, you can then use Meta2TR to create the branches themselves. :D

Craig Michaels 02-02-19 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 8036280)
Nope, not yet. Well, I haven't. Perhaps other builders have.
But... with the bridges in place, you can then use Meta2TR to create the branches themselves. :D

Great idea! Actually, I wasn't thinking so much of the branches, but mostly of the tree trunk itself and the possibility of making it rounder. Do you think that could be done?

Titak 02-02-19 12:58

That's no problem. Especially not if you stick to a one-block wide trunk.
Collision won't be round, but if you edit it in such a way that it makes a nice compromise between the box collision and the round trunk, I don't think it would be a problem.
If you want a round collision, well, then the bridges customisation will work. :D

Dino14 23-05-19 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 7559300)
I have some objects which won't take on the surrounding lighting even though they are merged with the room geometry.
They do keep their static lighting even if I assign the pure white lighting.
They do react to Lara's PLS for example, just not to ambient lighting.

http://titak.tombraiderhub.com/MoA/lightingbug.jpg

What can I do to get these objects to react to the lighting of the room? :ponder:

Have anyone solved this problem? I have exactly the same problem as Titak had a few years ago. I have tried several Meta2TR and Metasequoia version but no luck. This is really odd because everything worked fine before.

LoreRaider 24-05-19 20:55

^ Maybe setting the static with moveable lighting will do the trick? You can do it on StrPix
I never had that issue though :ponder:

Dino14 27-05-19 15:00

^ Thanks, that works! I just wonder what causes this :confused:

Boobandie 02-06-19 08:01

Literally just what type of lighting you choose.

Static - Lighting stays the same no matter what the room lighting is.

Movable - Lighting changes based on the room lighting values.

Titak 02-06-19 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boobandie (Post 8095203)
Literally just what type of lighting you choose.

Static - Lighting stays the same no matter what the room lighting is.

Movable - Lighting changes based on the room lighting values.

I've had static items merge perfectly with the room lighting after merging those statics with the roomgeometry. Had to change the light on the statics to perfect white, but it did the trick fine.

But it was as Dino said: it stopped working after a while for some reason.
All os a sudden they would appear as having no light ingame.

dcw123 12-08-19 18:22

Guys n gals - can someone tell me the way to merge objects with room geometry to fix lighting errors.
I had static objects with movable lighting in Strpix and in-game they look a little messed up.
I didn't want to resort to static lighting type as shooting or flares would make them not react.

Titak 26-04-20 11:56

Got this error:
Code:

Portal error found.
Check Port002Fr092To074 in Room092, it should lead upwards to Room074.
Check that no part of this portal is outside of the floor area of the upper
room (Room074)

I do not understand what it means.
I have not touched this room or the portals in anyway in Meta.
The portal mesh is in the correct place, where the rooms are connected in the editor.

The newlevel file is not created due to this error.

**** EDIT ****
Infamous forum effect kicked in it seems... :rolleyes:
This room 74 has the portal down into room 92 right in front of the wall, the edge of the room. So at the edge of the floor area.
I made the portal a tiny tiny bit smaller (moved it away from the wall just a tiny bit) and now the error is gone. :D

Agsel C 22-11-20 01:20

Could someone help me please?

Hello modders. Could someone please assist me in acquiring the Version 6 of meta2tr. I have scavenged the web for nearly 2 hours now and have gotten no luck. All past links to this version, even on this thread have expired by now. I really would appreciate it since the only way I can use meta2tr would be with Version 6 given I use Dxtre3d as base editor and versions 7 and 8 do not support it anymore. Please and thank you if anyone has a copy or link to it. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

HeinzFritz 22-11-20 11:23

Meta 2 tr v 6

Here is the version 6 of Meta 2 tr

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xtjgz0...tr_v6.zip/file

Agsel C 22-11-20 15:51

Thank you soooooo much HeinzFritz!!!!!! God Bless You!

dcw123 05-01-21 13:10

I wasn't sure where to post, but looks like here is best.

Having some funky issues with Metasequoia that, at times, makes it impossible to even build or study large objects.
If an object is too big and goes past my grid, the program starts glitching.

I cannot move objects as the Handle no longer reacts.. though sometimes it will randomly at random camera angles or if I play with the perspective.
Other times - the object itself will disappear behind a 'wall' of background colour.

Is there anything I can do to fix this.. here are screens to show the issue

Mouse is highlighting the arrows, but they don't respond or 'lighten'
https://i.imgur.com/5WKHue4.jpg

Move the camera to upwards here:
https://i.imgur.com/NxRppGc.jpg

Moving camera around or zooming causes this issue below:
https://i.imgur.com/lbxEKSZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9flU8HO.jpg

Sometimes , even the Handle itself can also disappear in this way.. very odd.
All I wanna do is move an object and its a battle with the camera :(

A_De 25-01-21 04:22

View -> set view -> [playing with slider] perhaps?
Also temporary moving the room to center of axis with Local button on can help. After the editing is done just open properties of Local and set room position back to 0, 0, 0

Ado Croft 07-03-21 15:16

hello

How to import a whole level with static objects to metasequoia?
I need it because I create a level with invisible collision blocks. I would like to edit them in meta. I can only open static objects in meta separatelly :hea:

Thank you for your advise :hug:

SrDanielPonces 07-03-21 15:56

are you using ngle or te

Ado Croft 07-03-21 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces (Post 8283920)
are you using ngle or te

I'm using new TE :)

SrDanielPonces 07-03-21 17:10

then you cant use meta2tr, in fact its not recommended. use imported geometry instead

Titak 27-12-21 16:25

This message has been driving me nuts today. :hea:
All portals seem to be correct in the editor, because I'm not getting any errormessages when converting the project.
And I am not touching any of the portals in the RoomsAndFloor.mqo.
I even tested with a freshly unpacked RoomsAndFloor.mqo which I did not edit it at all. Only saved it.

Quote:

Portal error found.
Check Port012Fr082To086 in Room082, it should lead upwards to Room086.
room (Room086)
When checking said portal, and a couple of others that also get a similar errormessage, it fits the portal hole nicely, just like any other portal object.
It sometimes works to reduce the size of the portal object a tiny bit, but then, with later saves of the RoomsAndFloor.mqo, the error surfaces again even though I haven't touched the portal again.

Any ideas what this could be? :ponder:

Titak 14-02-22 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 8337212)
This message has been driving me nuts today. :hea:
All portals seem to be correct in the editor, because I'm not getting any errormessages when converting the project.
And I am not touching any of the portals in the RoomsAndFloor.mqo.
I even tested with a freshly unpacked RoomsAndFloor.mqo which I did not edit it at all. Only saved it.

Quote:

Portal error found.
Check Port012Fr082To086 in Room082, it should lead upwards to Room086.
room (Room086)
When checking said portal, and a couple of others that also get a similar errormessage, it fits the portal hole nicely, just like any other portal object.
It sometimes works to reduce the size of the portal object a tiny bit, but then, with later saves of the RoomsAndFloor.mqo, the error surfaces again even though I haven't touched the portal again.

Any ideas what this could be? :ponder:

Bumping thread with this...

I keep getting this error, no matter what I do. :hea::hea:
Changed the prj, rearranged the portals, deleted them and recreated them. And still these errors.
If it skips this particular portal it'll moan about another one. When that seems fixed (?) it moans about a missing ceiling collision in that room 82.
When that is "fixed" it moans about the portal again. :(

I'm at a loss here.

I even tried using an older version of Meta2TR, version 6 which I also used for MoA part1, but then I keep having messed up texturing ingame. Files look fine in Meta though. :cry:

(I'd prefer using version 8 ofcourse since you can also edit floor and ceiling collision with it, for diagonal walls. But at least vs6 does not moan about portals as long as they are not visible in the roomall.mqo)

psiko 14-02-22 20:28

woudl you mind sending me the files to check them? I am quite sure it is fixable.

I need anything to re-build the tr4 file (sounds included if necessary, wads, prj, tga) and the meta2tr files.

Don't worry, I'll respect your privacy and have a look only at the necessary things. :hug:

Ado Croft 19-02-22 10:33

Problem with textures

Hi, I have a problem and I need help. I made a level in the new Tomb Editor and at the same time I worked with Metasequoia. The processed that I made a few rooms in Tomb Editor and then edited them in Metasequoia. I saved the level in Tomb Editor, then converted it and released in the game. I took the level from Data folder and coverted it via Meta2TR. I opened the level in Metasequoia, I modified a part of the level and then coverted it via Meta2TR back.
I got Newlevel.tr4, which I renamed it to my current level. I also saved the edited file (mqo) together with the Tile files (textures) in a separate folder. I worked this way until I finished the whole level in Tomb Editor. Now, that I have created the whole level, I would like to merge all the modified parts from all mqo files into the whole level. So after dropping the level.tr4 to Meta2TR, I marked all the mqo files and put them through Meta2TR. When I started the game, some of the textures will repleace with another textures. How should I proceed if I want all the textures as I have them originally made? :hea: :hea:

Thank you for your help

PedroTheGamer 19-02-22 16:15

^ Tomb editor is not compartible with Metatr2,and even it's impossible do a version of it since there's no source code of it,althrough you can do a similar trick with geometry imported,you can edit room there and apply textures,export. better use blender instead.... you decide. :D

hope it helps...

psiko 19-02-22 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ado Croft (Post 8343542)
Hi, I have a problem and I need help. I made a level in the new Tomb Editor and at the same time I worked with Metasequoia. The processed that I made a few rooms in Tomb Editor and then edited them in Metasequoia. I saved the level in Tomb Editor, then converted it and released in the game. I took the level from Data folder and coverted it via Meta2TR. I opened the level in Metasequoia, I modified a part of the level and then coverted it via Meta2TR back.
I got Newlevel.tr4, which I renamed it to my current level. I also saved the edited file (mqo) together with the Tile files (textures) in a separate folder. I worked this way until I finished the whole level in Tomb Editor. Now, that I have created the whole level, I would like to merge all the modified parts from all mqo files into the whole level. So after dropping the level.tr4 to Meta2TR, I marked all the mqo files and put them through Meta2TR. When I started the game, some of the textures will repleace with another textures. How should I proceed if I want all the textures as I have them originally made? :hea: :hea:

Thank you for your help

try this: rename all the tga files (bmp files, whatever are the textures) with different nameXXX.ext where XXX is a unique number from 001 to 999, (and ext is the extension of the file, bmp for instance), trying to not have repeated numbers.
If you have for instance, tile345.bmp and then texture345.jpg, it is much probable meta2tr will read them as the same file number and use the first one he finds as texture material. No need to do this for all the textures, just the textures (and materials) that have the same 3 final number.
I am supposing, though, because I never used meta2tr with TEN.

Joey79100 19-02-22 17:38

^ It probably won't work, Pedro is right. From the TE - Frequently Asked Questions thread:

Quote:

Q: Can I use meta2tr with TE levels?
A: Levels generated with latest TE versions can be loaded into meta2tr, however, meta2tr can't properly identify and parse sub-pixel texture coordinates which are extensively used in TE-generated levels. This results in corrupted textures and de-animated animation ranges. It happens because presumably meta2tr uses different formula to convert texture coordinates. Since meta2tr programmer is also not available anymore and meta2tr is also a closed-source software, we can't fix this issue without his assistance.

Q: If TE isn't compatible with meta2tr, how can I use custom geometry?
A: There are two ways to use custom geometry - imported room geometry and merged static meshes.

Q: What's the difference between imported room geometry and merged statics?
A: With first one, you can directly import custom geometry in TE in various formats, like OBJ, COLLADA or FBX. You must note that custom geometry won't have any collision so you must appropriately edit room geometry. As for merged static meshes, the feature is similar to meta2tr feature with same name, and it will retain "soft" collision of original static meshes. Also, merged statics have a special option to apply room vertex effects, like glow and movement - refer to Level Settings -> Static Meshes dialog for details.

Q: I am used to meta2tr workflow and I want to export my room geometry, edit it and import it back. Is it possible?
A: Yes. Since version 1.3 Tomb Editor supports exporting of room meshes and re-importing them back.

Titak 19-02-22 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by psiko (Post 8342863)
woudl you mind sending me the files to check them? I am quite sure it is fixable.

I need anything to re-build the tr4 file (sounds included if necessary, wads, prj, tga) and the meta2tr files.

Don't worry, I'll respect your privacy and have a look only at the necessary things. :hug:

That would be great.
I can send you the files when I get back home on Monday. :D