Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Modding (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   A quick question. (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=227216)

ATombRaiderFan 18-05-22 08:46

A quick question.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, my next goal is to get Jean-Yves into the Title.trc level file. As you can see in the screenshot below, I was somewhat successful :o

What I did is used FexMerger to overwrite Charles Kane's model "Animation 6" with Jean-Yves' model from alexhub.tr4. But the problem is Jean-Yves's animation is the one when he's sitting at the desk. Can this be changed to the bookshelf animation, if possible?

[B]Edit:[/B] According to FexAnim - the Jean-Yves book browsing animation is #5

CircusBabysGal 18-05-22 14:33

try replacing him in trviewer but dont copy over the animations

perryloo 18-05-22 19:54

[youtube]aZnLBjpoL2A[/youtube]

[B]Modified Title.trc....[/B]
[url]https://www.mediafire.com/file/xwjhv0zp2tqeq2l/Title.trc/file[/url]

ATombRaiderFan 19-05-22 05:43

Well done perryloo!!! I'm impressed :tmb:

Thank you very much for modding Jean-Yves back into the title screen like Core originally intended. I'll be playing TRC with your level mod from now on.

May I ask how you were able to pull this off?

perryloo 19-05-22 06:33

[QUOTE=ATombRaiderFan;8356286]Thank you very much for modding Jean-Yves back into the title screen like Core originally intended. I'll be playing TRC with your level mod from now on.May I ask how you were able to pull this off?[/QUOTE]I was wondering why you wanted it LOL.
Did not know Jean Yves was originally intended. Learn something new all the time.

Actually as you only see the model from a great height during the animation, it would have been far simpler just to texture the original green shirt guy to a white shirt, and change his hair to brown, to look like Jean Yves from a distance, but that would have been the easy but not very accurate solution.

TRC is not the easiest game to mod, as a lot of Tomb raider modding tools do not work with TRC. For instance TRviewer for animation modding does not work, it is only for TR1 to TR4.

How it was done, well we needed the first pose animation of the green guy, holding his hand up at a bookshelf, but change the model to look like Jean Yves. There are far easy ways to do this on TR1 to TR4 as there are more tools available, but with TRC I needed to do a three step process to get it to work. Anyway glad your sorted :tmb:

ATombRaiderFan 19-05-22 08:47

[QUOTE=perryloo;8356291]I was wondering why you wanted it LOL.
Did not know Jean Yves was originally intended. Learn something new all the time.

Actually as you only see the model from a great height during the animation, it would have been far simpler just to texture the original green shirt guy to a white shirt, and change his hair to brown, to look like Jean Yves from a distance, but that would have been the easy but not very accurate solution.

TRC is not the easiest game to mod, as a lot of Tomb raider modding tools do not work with TRC. For instance TRviewer for animation modding does not work, it is only for TR1 to TR4.

How it was done, well we needed the first pose animation of the green guy, holding his hand up at a bookshelf, but change the model to look like Jean Yves. There are far easy ways to do this on TR1 to TR4 as there are more tools available, but with TRC I needed to do a three step process to get it to work. Anyway glad your sorted :tmb:[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, thank you for taking the more authentic route of changing his model instead of retexturing him :)

The thing is Charles Kane was a last minute replacement for Jean-Yves because Core wanted to avoid a potential lawsuit from the real-life French archaeologist, who's also called Jean-Yves. But a beta version of the game which has Jean-Yves in it, somehow got released by mistake. In the beta version - you can see Jean-Yves on the title menu and in a number of FMVs.

Also in the TRC retail version - if you look at the storyboards found in special features, you'll see where Jean-Yves' name is redacted.

ATombRaiderFan 20-06-22 18:28

Hey @perryloo, may I ask what the three step process involves? There's another member on this forum that is hoping to fix a few texture issues (and possibly import meshes) in TRC, so any tips on how to do this would be appreciated :o