www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

lcroft_lc 22-06-12 18:22

^ In 2014. :p

SweetFireworks 22-06-12 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6273942)
^ In 2014. :p

Haha. This is not funny. :D I want to buy the collector's and they're always pc-only, so I either have to upgrade my current pc or get a mac and hope for the best. <.< Why can't they just give out information like that already?

lcroft_lc 22-06-12 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetFireworks (Post 6273964)
Haha. This is not funny. :D I want to buy the collector's and they're always pc-only, so I either have to upgrade my current pc or get a mac and hope for the best. <.< Why can't they just give out information like that already?

A TR title launched for Mac few days ago. Not sure if its Legend or Underworld. :confused:

just*raidin*tomb 22-06-12 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6273895)
I believe Karl says "no, she cares a lot..."

He thought the question was "care" instead of "carrying".

El oh el

"Caring capacity"

larafan25 22-06-12 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6274033)
El oh el

"Caring capacity"

"At what point in the game can Lara shoot?"

"Yes, eventually Lara begins to feel remorse for the owls she has killed and their families, and she will hoot back at them in acknowledgement and apologetically.

Melonie Tomb Raider 22-06-12 19:04

Crystal/ Square. Please take my money. Just take it now!

just*raidin*tomb 22-06-12 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6274046)
"At what point in the game can Lara shoot?"

"Yes, eventually Lara begins to feel remorse for the owls she has killed and their families, and she will hoot back at them in acknowledgement and apologetically.

"What's kinds of weapons can we expect in the game?"

"Well it's all very visceral and emotional so each weapon she acquires over the course of the game is very visceral and emotional so she feels bad for the weapons. It's a very character driven story."

NRO. 22-06-12 19:41

Quote:

Karl Stewart: No, she carries a lot. You'll see some very umm very big scenes play out that will bring you a side of Lara that you've never expected and I have to be careful because it is probably one of the most iconic moments is when you see how she cares for something. That is a big deal to us because that shows something. That shows something that we've never seen in her before. It's very important.
The HELL did I just read? O.o

We need an official transcript, because it's gotta be a transcribing mistake. Or Karl is just a drunken idiot.

larafan25 22-06-12 20:02

Karl thought the person said "care" as far as I can tell, as he doesn't seem to say "carries" in the podcast, but "cares".

The question was about carrying, Karl heard wrong and said about caring.

Killercowz 22-06-12 20:25

Quote:

Karl Stewart: No, she carries a lot. You'll see some very umm very big scenes play out that will bring you a side of Lara that you've never expected and I have to be careful because it is probably one of the most iconic moments is when you see how she cares for something. That is a big deal to us because that shows something. That shows something that we've never seen in her before. It's very important.
Lawl, oh Karl.

NRO. 22-06-12 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6274196)
Karl thought the person said "care" as far as I can tell, as he doesn't seem to say "carries" in the podcast, but "cares".

The question was about carrying, Karl heard wrong and said about caring.

But he says "carries".

Ugh, wth.

larafan25 22-06-12 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRO. (Post 6274246)
But he says "carries".

Ugh, wth.

Does he? In the podcast? Because the transcript could be wrong.

Stevo505 22-06-12 20:46

Did GTTV ever release a video of the demo without talking?

klona 22-06-12 21:04

Has anyone noticed when that weirdo is about to jump at Lara, she didn't shoot him. (in GT's demo)
I wonder if that makes the shaking QTE harder?
(when she shoots him he gets weaker, probably?)

Killercowz 22-06-12 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6274329)
Has anyone noticed when that weirdo is about to jump at Lara, she didn't shoot him. (in GT's demo)
I wonder if that makes the shaking QTE harder?
(when she shoots him he gets weaker, probably?)

I think they purposely didn't have Lara shoot the man in the testicles so they could show off the head blowing part.

leglion 22-06-12 21:14

I wonder if he shoots YOU in the head if you lose the struggle? :yik:

Evan C. 22-06-12 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6274361)
I wonder if he shoots YOU in the head if you lose the struggle? :yik:

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Muereeee.gif

scremanie 22-06-12 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6274361)
I wonder if he shoots YOU in the head if you lose the struggle? :yik:

Yes.

"Lara gets her head blown off."

Killercowz 22-06-12 21:18

That gif is beyond oversized.

Size doesn't matter to me though.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...aughing008.gif

Love2Raid 22-06-12 21:23

That movie is hilarious. :vlol:

klona 22-06-12 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercowz (Post 6274349)
I think they purposely didn't have Lara shoot the man in the testicles so they could show off the head blowing part.

:eek:

Killercowz 22-06-12 21:25

^
No, it was confirmed in a article that she does that.
Rightly so to be honest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6274392)
That movie is hilarious. :vlol:

Too bad Jim Carrey isn't funny nowadays. Tis a shame.

Let's all talk about the voice actress.

Evan C. 22-06-12 21:27

Yup. I know who is VA Lara, but don't tell anyone.

Jennifer Tilly.

klona 22-06-12 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercowz (Post 6274396)
^
No, it was confirmed in a article that she does that.
Rightly so to be honest.



Too bad Jim Carrey isn't funny nowadays. Tis a shame.

Let's all talk about the voice actress.

Which article?

Killercowz 22-06-12 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6274401)
Which article?

http://www.iphoneeinstein.com/2012/0...o-gun-preview/
Quote:

She grabs his gun and shoots him in the balls twice. He dies a slow, gurgling death. Lara cries. With blood spattered on her face, she turns to face the camera (or, rather, looks straight at you, the gamer) and shows her hardened, determined face.

klona 22-06-12 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercowz (Post 6274409)

Hmm, I think there is more than one way to end a QTE now.

Killercowz 22-06-12 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6274425)
Hmm, I think there is more than one way to end a QTE now.

Yes.

klona 22-06-12 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercowz (Post 6274426)
Yes.

I want to shoot him in the balls twice then blow his face off with the gun.
Why isn't that possible? T_T

larafan25 22-06-12 21:40

There is the part where he is lunging towards her in slow motion, you shoot him in le balls or stomach, then the part where he grabs the gun you shoot him in the head.

Maybe that happens if you don't shoot him first in the slow motion sequence.

Weemanply109 22-06-12 22:55

Wait, you don't have to shoot him in the sack, tho.

Right? Don't you have control in that slow-mo segment?

larafan25 22-06-12 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6274638)
Wait, you don't have to shoot him in the sack, tho.

Right? Don't you have control in that slow-mo segment?

It's the same as the wolf segment when you're foot is in a bear trap, you aim your weapon as **** happens.

Like those many scenes in Uncharted, except they are not in slow motion and are better.

Is the wolf scene even in slow motion? IDFK. ._.

Dark_Messiah 22-06-12 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6271647)

:( Wow I didnt thought they would do this kind of amazing stuff. Got invited (that was in Germany) but I didnt had time to attend :hea:

Weemanply109 22-06-12 23:20

It's ironic that they use a ship to promote a game that' includes a ship being destroyed in a storm.

Like Legion said, it would be really ironic if that ship got destroyed. :vlol:

Adrenaline 22-06-12 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6274685)
It's ironic that they use a ship to promote a game that' includes a ship being destroyed in a storm.

Like Legion said, it would be really ironic if that ship got destroyed. :vlol:

And A random TR fan named Lara actually gets stranded. And thus based on true events. xD

_Awestruck_ 22-06-12 23:36

Why don't us Americans do extravagant stuff like that for people? :vlol:

Stevo505 22-06-12 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Awestruck_ (Post 6274717)
Why don't us Americans do extravagant stuff like that for people? :vlol:

They spend all the money on E3 I guess :p

leglion 23-06-12 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Awestruck_ (Post 6274717)
Why don't us Americans do extravagant stuff like that for people? :vlol:

CD is american...

larafan25 23-06-12 00:03

I think it might have been the Germany part of whatever who did this, as it was the Germany meeting thingy.

Stevo505 23-06-12 00:10

Yeah I think it was SE Germany.

Killercowz 23-06-12 00:23

The question is, is this game really worth all of this extravaganza?


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.