www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

MyRaider4Life 18-07-12 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Craftman (Post 6332072)
beta testing I think he said :p
But a lot can be cut/ changed from the game.

Actually, he said focus testing.

larafan25 19-07-12 00:10

I found salvage crates, which I didn't know were salvage crates before...

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...%20Hub%205.jpg

trlestew 19-07-12 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRaider4Life (Post 6332350)
Actually, he said focus testing.

Isn't that to "find your target audience?"

For example, if people are sick of a certain puzzle, CD would either revamp or remove it?

SpyrosMonster 19-07-12 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6332462)
I found salvage crates, which I didn't know were salvage crates before...

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...%20Hub%205.jpg

If that screen is from the night hub with Roth. Then why does she have the old axe since in the previous level you have to upgrade it ? :confused:

larafan25 19-07-12 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6332478)
If that screen is from the night hub with Roth. Then why does she have the old axe since in the previous level you have to upgrade it ? :confused:

Roth gives Lara the red climbing axe in the night hub. She hasn't gotten it yet.

When she upgrades her primitive axe, the appearance doesn't change as far as I know.

SpyrosMonster 19-07-12 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6332481)
Roth gives Lara the red climbing axe in the night hub. She hasn't gotten it yet.

When she upgrades her primitive axe, the appearance doesn't change as far as I know.

I'm talking about this one... But if the Night hub is taking place after this then why in the screen you posted she still has the old one?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1...eycollageh.png

larafan25 19-07-12 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6332524)
I'm talking about this one... But if the Night hub is taking place after this then why in the screen you posted she still has the old one?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1...eycollageh.png

She doesn't get it right when she enters the night hub.

She gets it on the second mission.

SpyrosMonster 19-07-12 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6332528)
She doesn't get it right when she enters the night hub.

She gets it on the second mission.

Yes that's what I'm saying... If she gets it in the 2nd mission then WHY on the night hub has the old one ?

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...%20Hub%205.jpg

larafan25 19-07-12 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6332534)
Yes that's what I'm saying... If she gets it in the 2nd mission then WHY on the night hub has the old one ?

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...%20Hub%205.jpg

When Lara first comes into the night hub, she finds Roth, and she has to go get his medical supplies. That is th first mission.

The second mission, she comes back and gives him his medical supplies and he tells her she must climb to the radio tower, and gives her the red axe.

So the screenshots of the night hub have been taken during the first mission.

just*raidin*tomb 19-07-12 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6332534)
Yes that's what I'm saying... If she gets it in the 2nd mission then WHY on the night hub has the old one ?

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...%20Hub%205.jpg

Because they took screenshots and these were taken before the game was even cohesively pieced together. There are going to be some inconsistencies.

larafan25 19-07-12 00:42

OMG

I can't :vlol:

I'm so silly.

Right, that axe doesn't appear on her. Right, I get it now.
lol

HAA.

Yes, it's just an inconsistency I suppose.

SpyrosMonster 19-07-12 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6332537)
because they took screenshots and these were taken before the game was even cohesively pieced together. There are going to be some inconsistencies.

Thank you.... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6332538)
omg

i can't :vlol:

I'm so silly.

Right, that axe doesn't appear on her. Right, i get it now.
Lol

haa.

Yes, it's just an inconsistency i suppose.

Finally you get it... :p

larafan25 19-07-12 00:49

I like that new axe though, the middle axe. It's cool looking.

I want lots of tools in the game.

Apparently there are more tools for them to announce too.

ItIsOkBro 19-07-12 03:10

http://i.imgur.com/QJQRK.jpg

How does young inexperienced Lara have an ability like this, I tried I can't even do that!

Stevo505 19-07-12 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6332700)
http://i.imgur.com/QJQRK.jpg

How does young inexperienced Lara have an ability like this, I tried I can't even do that!

She might know parkour :p

Evan C. 19-07-12 03:13

Well, some people have natural skills. I have practiced acrobatics and my coach was surprised because I was able to do things that a lot of other students, who have been practicing that for months, couldn't performe some things I did the first day. So it's not so strange.

scremanie 19-07-12 04:52

Yeah, I assume Lara has some basic acrobatic skills.

Shark_Blade 19-07-12 04:53

She survived a spike through her stomach. Climbing a flat wall is nothing.

SeanCordernay 19-07-12 06:24

I'm just curious, but how many of the forumers here have seen the leaked footage from 2011's E3? The one with the night hub.

Some one just sent me the footage, and OMG it literally blew me away for a moment. Lara looks so good there compared to the footage they've released so far. Even though there's a few "glitchy" animatations, this is arguably the best Lara model ever. And her hair actually looks like...hair o_O I need to see more of this hub, and pronto!

TippingWater 19-07-12 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6332700)
http://i.imgur.com/QJQRK.jpg

How does young inexperienced Lara have an ability like this, I tried I can't even do that!

From where is that? I find that move unrealistic and out of place as well, but maybe I will end up liking it eventually.

lcroft_lc 19-07-12 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6332808)
From where is that? I find that move unrealistic and out of place as well, but maybe I will end up liking it eventually.

Inside that building is New Friends Gameplay. This is where objective was to go to Camp and someone tried to climb it but it was locked at that moment. After returning from Camp this door will be open.

TippingWater 19-07-12 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6332817)
Inside that building is New Friends Gameplay. This is where objective was to go to Camp and someone tried to climb it but it was locked at that moment. After returning from Camp this door will be open.

Do you have a link to the video? :confused:

Shark_Blade 19-07-12 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanCordernay (Post 6332799)
I'm just curious, but how many of the forumers here have seen the leaked footage from 2011's E3? The one with the night hub.

Some one just sent me the footage, and OMG it literally blew me away for a moment. Lara looks so good there compared to the footage they've released so far. Even though there's a few "glitchy" animatations, this is arguably the best Lara model ever. And her hair actually looks like...hair o_O I need to see more of this hub, and pronto!

I haven't seen it. Actually, I haven't really seen any gameplay videos since the one last year (Lara hunged upside down and she tried to escape the cave), even the deer demo. It'll be better for me anyway, since I like to be surprised when I got the game.

Booyah!

TippingWater 19-07-12 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanCordernay (Post 6332799)
I'm just curious, but how many of the forumers here have seen the leaked footage from 2011's E3? The one with the night hub.

Some one just sent me the footage, and OMG it literally blew me away for a moment. Lara looks so good there compared to the footage they've released so far. Even though there's a few "glitchy" animatations, this is arguably the best Lara model ever. And her hair actually looks like...hair o_O I need to see more of this hub, and pronto!

The acting, the atmosphere, the graphics, the weather, the night hub looked great even if it was filmed with a crappy cam. Lara felt really alive in the scenes that she was with Roth :cln:. Maybe they will showcase it in all its glory at the next gaming convention that will take place in August, if my memory serves me right :D.

just*raidin*tomb 19-07-12 07:25

I remember when I first watched that leaked gameplay. It was jaw dropping to see Lara be emotional like that and see all the water dripping off everything and the cool weather effects. And yeah the hair looked awesome despite its glitchiness.

TippingWater 19-07-12 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6332837)
I remember when I first watched that leaked gameplay. It was jaw dropping to see Lara be emotional like that and see all the water dripping off everything and the cool weather effects. And yeah the hair looked awesome despite its glitchiness.

I especially loved the way that she interacted with the environment during the cutscene and how realistic it looked when she pulled Roth. You really felt like she was struggling to move him. I was really impressed :D.

ItIsOkBro 19-07-12 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6332808)
From where is that? I find that move unrealistic and out of place as well, but maybe I will end up liking it eventually.

Right here at 2:45


TippingWater 19-07-12 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6332843)
Right here at 2:45


Thank you!:hug:

TippingWater 19-07-12 07:44

It is funny that nobody has managed to get her death on camera yet :o. I am really curios to find out if the blackouts are back :yik:.

MyRaider4Life 19-07-12 07:54

Looking back at the leaked gameplay, the facial animations are astonishing.

All I have to say is: What happened, CD?

The current facial animations don't compare with the 2011 ones by a long shot. Currently, Lara's face looks like it's pinned back and she's struggling to move the flesh on her muscles.

CD really need to go back and really work on facial animations because they're just not believable. Some scenes are amazing, then they go back to the mediocre, half arsed animations. The scene with Lara and Sam, I am so disappointed at the animations as a whole in that scene, Mathias has good animations, but Lara and Sam [more Lara than Sam] seem to struggle to move. It's most evident when Lara pulls the bow on Mathias. I don't believe the animation, she doesn't look worried or shocked enough, she needs wrinkles in her face. No matter who we are/how old we are, if we pull a face like Lara's trying to pull, we establish some amount of wrinkles. I just need Lara to have believable animations, otherwise CD can forget that sense of realism and being immersed into the game they're trying to achieve.

TippingWater 19-07-12 08:15

Sometimes she has wrinkles when showing emotion, checkout the "rape" scene :o.

Stevo505 19-07-12 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRaider4Life (Post 6332856)
Looking back at the leaked gameplay, the facial animations are astonishing.

All I have to say is: What happened, CD?

The current facial animations don't compare with the 2011 ones by a long shot. Currently, Lara's face looks like it's pinned back and she's struggling to move the flesh on her muscles.

CD really need to go back and really work on facial animations because they're just not believable. Some scenes are amazing, then they go back to the mediocre, half arsed animations. The scene with Lara and Sam, I am so disappointed at the animations as a whole in that scene, Mathias has good animations, but Lara and Sam [more Lara than Sam] seem to struggle to move. It's most evident when Lara pulls the bow on Mathias. I don't believe the animation, she doesn't look worried or shocked enough, she needs wrinkles in her face. No matter who we are/how old we are, if we pull a face like Lara's trying to pull, we establish some amount of wrinkles. I just need Lara to have believable animations, otherwise CD can forget that sense of realism and being immersed into the game they're trying to achieve.

She had wrinkles when she was smiling at Sam and Mathias.

SpyrosMonster 19-07-12 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6332872)
Sometimes she has wrinkles when showing emotion, checkout the "rape" scene :o.


It's not a rape scene...

Valentino 19-07-12 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6332939)

Its always going to be reffered to as 'the (infamous) rape scene' from now on.
I really want someone to post a Lara comparison screen of the leaked gameplay from last year and what she looks like now. Her face if almost completely different in my eyes. But it can't be posted can it?

klona 19-07-12 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6332959)
I really want someone to post a Lara comparison screen of the leaked gameplay from last year and what she looks like now. Her face if almost completely different in my eyes. But it can't be posted can it?

Last year's leaked gameplay was never shown to public.

Lukass 19-07-12 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6332843)


The jump at 1:31 is horrbile. It looks like there is some magnetic field sucking her towards the ledge and to the left. So what the **** is that? :confused:

SpyrosMonster 19-07-12 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6333106)
The jump at 1:31 is horrbile. It looks like there is some magnetic field sucking her towards the ledge and to the left. So what the **** is that? :confused:

I think that's the mid-air controll thing :p

Weemanply109 19-07-12 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRaider4Life (Post 6332856)
Looking back at the leaked gameplay, the facial animations are astonishing.

All I have to say is: What happened, CD?

The current facial animations don't compare with the 2011 ones by a long shot. Currently, Lara's face looks like it's pinned back and she's struggling to move the flesh on her muscles.

CD really need to go back and really work on facial animations because they're just not believable. Some scenes are amazing, then they go back to the mediocre, half arsed animations. The scene with Lara and Sam, I am so disappointed at the animations as a whole in that scene, Mathias has good animations, but Lara and Sam [more Lara than Sam] seem to struggle to move. It's most evident when Lara pulls the bow on Mathias. I don't believe the animation, she doesn't look worried or shocked enough, she needs wrinkles in her face. No matter who we are/how old we are, if we pull a face like Lara's trying to pull, we establish some amount of wrinkles. I just need Lara to have believable animations, otherwise CD can forget that sense of realism and being immersed into the game they're trying to achieve.

I agree, facial animations are horrid.

LaraDuh 19-07-12 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRaider4Life (Post 6332856)
Looking back at the leaked gameplay, the facial animations are astonishing.

All I have to say is: What happened, CD?

The current facial animations don't compare with the 2011 ones by a long shot. Currently, Lara's face looks like it's pinned back and she's struggling to move the flesh on her muscles.

CD really need to go back and really work on facial animations because they're just not believable. Some scenes are amazing, then they go back to the mediocre, half arsed animations. The scene with Lara and Sam, I am so disappointed at the animations as a whole in that scene, Mathias has good animations, but Lara and Sam [more Lara than Sam] seem to struggle to move. It's most evident when Lara pulls the bow on Mathias. I don't believe the animation, she doesn't look worried or shocked enough, she needs wrinkles in her face. No matter who we are/how old we are, if we pull a face like Lara's trying to pull, we establish some amount of wrinkles. I just need Lara to have believable animations, otherwise CD can forget that sense of realism and being immersed into the game they're trying to achieve.

I just re-watched the leaked gameplay. You're right, that facial animation was just amazing and if it were in the game we have seen at E3 and SDCC would probs be the best game ever!

Tomb_of_Darkns 19-07-12 13:10

I don't think they changed the mo-cap from the leaked gameplay, i just think that their mo-capping is inconsistent.


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.