www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6647520)
Probably because:

a) it's the slogan of the game.
b) the story is about Lara and her evolution to a survivor of the island.

What he said :ohn: .

_Tomb_Raider 12-02-13 20:07

I don't know where to post but what's up with Game already ruined *Spoilers* thread? There is no way in hell I'm entering, but what happend...And please no spoilers. :ton:

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6647721)
I don't know where to post but what's up with Game already ruined *Spoilers* thread? There is no way in hell I'm entering, but what happend...And please no spoilers. :ton:

Bitching about the tracklist, nothing important just pointless complaints, move on, you didn't miss anything important :p .

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider (Post 6647721)
I don't know where to post but what's up with Game already ruined *Spoilers* thread? There is no way in hell I'm entering, but what happend...And please no spoilers. :ton:

Somebody panicked about the game's storyline being bland and very short, on the basis of the track listing that was released. They believe we already know the general plot of the game, and that there's not much more to it than most people have guessed, ergo, saving Sam (I hope that last bit isn't a spoiler for you :B)

HAHA LOOOL XD 12-02-13 20:10

OMG guys look, Lara is on GameInformer :jmp::jmp::jmp:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...ps869009c9.jpg

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 20:11

Oh, sexy!

Croft gets her long-deserved attention biatches :ohn: !

_Tomb_Raider 12-02-13 20:13

Oh so I see... TRF can be such a mess sometimes....
Thanks guys. :hug:

Spong 12-02-13 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6647725)
OMG guys look, Lara is on GameInformer :jmp::jmp::jmp:

In other news; the sky is blue. GI is one of Crystal's major paid-for advertisers (one of the handful of sites guaranteed to give the game at least a 9 in their "review"). To be honest, I'd have been more surprised if you'd said Tomb Raider wasn't on their site :pi:

LOL @ the 360 image. Is the game actually being released on anything else? :vlol:

HAHA LOOOL XD 12-02-13 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6647741)
In other news; the sky is blue. GI is one of Crystal's major paid-for advertisers (one of the handful of sites guaranteed to give the game at least a 9 in their "review"). To be honest, I'd have been more surprised if you'd said Tomb Raider wasn't on their site :pi:

LOL @ the 360 image. Is the game actually being released on anything else? :vlol:

Ahhhh Spong, always the one to bring or should I say shoot down the excitement :hug: :p

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6647751)
Ahhhh, always the one to bring or should I say shoot down the excitement :hug: :p

Yeah, Spong, where were you? The forums were getting awfully positive as of late, too (except, not really :pi::p)

Spong 12-02-13 20:38

^I do my best to stay out of this board, it depresses me :p
And I've been busy playing DS3 the last couple of days which, in a weird kind of way, makes me wonder if I'll actually end up buying TR9. DS3 is pretty crap you see, I knew it was crap, but I went out and bought it anyway because I'm a fan of the series and because I was bored last Saturday morning. I hope I've got something to keep me occupied when TR9 is released or I'll probably end up doing the same.

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6647781)
^I do my best to stay out of this board, it depresses me :p
And I've been busy playing DS3 the last couple of days which, in a weird kind of way, makes me wonder if I'll actually end up buying TR9. DS3 is pretty crap you see, I knew it was crap, but I went out and bought it anyway because I'm a fan of the series and because I was bored last Saturday morning. I hope I've got something to keep me occupied when TR9 is released or I'll probably end up doing the same.

Hah, that'd be kind of ironic, wouldn't it?

At least you'll be able to say 'I told you so' if it sucks. Though I suspect you'll be doing that anyway :p And DS3 is totally crap, I knew the moment I saw it I would not be buying a handheld console again.

Mikky 12-02-13 20:43

Wow, it must be nice to have spare money lying about so you can go out and randomly buy crappy games. I'm jealous.

davidmeyer000 12-02-13 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6647787)
Wow, it must be nice to have spare money lying about so you can go out and randomly buy crappy games. I'm jealous.

I know right? I've been saving my money forever for this game and Dynasty Warriors 8. I can't go buying games all the time. Only the couple necessities.

LENGuin 12-02-13 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6647781)
^I do my best to stay out of this board, it depresses me :p
And I've been busy playing DS3 the last couple of days which, in a weird kind of way, makes me wonder if I'll actually end up buying TR9. DS3 is pretty crap you see, I knew it was crap, but I went out and bought it anyway because I'm a fan of the series and because I was bored last Saturday morning. I hope I've got something to keep me occupied when TR9 is released or I'll probably end up doing the same.

I for one would love it if you bought TR and then did a massive in depth review of it, based on your posts and wit I think it would be a good read.

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LENGuin (Post 6647812)
I for one would love it if you bought TR and then did a massive in depth review of it, based on your posts and wit I think it would be a good read.

+1 :tmb: I'd read that review.

Spong 12-02-13 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6647785)
At least you'll be able to say 'I told you so' if it sucks.

I don't particularly want to do that. For a start, it just means TR has taken another kick to the face, perhaps fatally so this time. And pointing the finger & laughing at people who genuinely hope/think TR9 will be good is unfair. As much as I dislike the look of TR9, everyone is entitled to believe what they want to. Besides, I don't think the game will tank anyway, it copies enough of the popular stuff to ensure casual players will blindly buy it for ten minutes of fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LENGuin (Post 6647812)
I for one would love it if you bought TR and then did a massive in depth review of it, based on your posts and wit I think it would be a good read.

I'd say you're in the minority if you think that.

HAHA LOOOL XD 12-02-13 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LENGuin (Post 6647812)
I for one would love it if you bought TR and then did a massive in depth review of it, based on your posts and wit I think it would be a good read.

Yea definitely, and one thing I also figured out is that whenever I read Spongs posts i feel stupid :vlol:

Spong 12-02-13 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6647824)
...one thing I also figured out is that whenever I read Spongs posts i feel stupid :vlol:

LOL, why? I'm no "smarter" than anyone else here. If anything, you guys should feel better about yourselves when you read my posts, you should take solace in the fact you guys at least have a positive outlook for TR9 and are enthusiastic about the latest evolution of TR ;)

HAHA LOOOL XD 12-02-13 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6647851)
LOL, why? I'm no "smarter" than anyone else here. If anything, you guys should feel better about yourselves when you read my posts, you should take solace in the fact you guys at least have a positive outlook for TR9 and are enthusiastic about the latest evolution of TR ;)

Its is something in how you form your sentences and use the words within them that makes you sound so smart. And we could also envy you for being pessimistic about the game, that way you wont get disappointed. You have no idea how many times has has it crossed my head that the game might flop, that there's to much combat, that it looks like uncharted a bit to much, but at the end of the day the best (or worst :pi: ) thing about games is playing them. Only then you can be sure whether you like it or not. Guess we have to wait till march 5. to find out...

scremanie 12-02-13 21:38

The game won't flop. It'll still sell well, even if it's terrible. I mean, look at CoD.

HAHA LOOOL XD 12-02-13 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 6647873)
The game won't flop. It'll still sell well, even if it's terrible. I mean, look at CoD.

You cant compare COD to TR, that game has a HUGE fan base unlike the new TR which is in some sense a new IP (sort of). People don't know what to expect. Besides, COD is a favorite teen shooter. I don't know anyone in my class (boys) who doesn't own it even if he isn't a gamer. It is sort of a standard these days: you are cool if you own Call of Duty :p

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6647880)
You cant compare COD to TR, that game has a HUGE fan base unlike the new TR which is in some sense a new IP (sort of). People don't know what to expect. Besides, COD is a favorite teen shooter. I don't know anyone in my class (boys) who doesn't own it even if he isn't a gamer. It is sort of a standard these days: you are cool if you own Call of Duty :p

Which is sad...

EDIT: 3k Posts! D:

trfanX34 12-02-13 21:48

Yas, I just got spoiled reading this thread.

Judging by the huge amount of spoilers that are surfacing lately, I think I'm going to go dark soon. I've also got a ****load of exams next week so it isn't much of a choice either :p I'll probably keep checking the eidos forums every now and then maybe, as absolutely nothing (NOTHING) happens in that place, so it's a little safer. :/

scremanie 12-02-13 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6647880)
You cant compare COD to TR, that game has a HUGE fan base unlike the new TR which is in some sense a new IP (sort of). People don't know what to expect. Besides, COD is a favorite teen shooter. I don't know anyone in my class (boys) who doesn't own it even if he isn't a gamer. It is sort of a standard these days: you are cool if you own Call of Duty :p

I'm saying that the whole franchise is terrible, yet people keep forking out money for it.

Tomb Raider has garnered enough attention from fans, new comers and people in between. It will sell well, and with each new content seen, the game just looks better. It won't flop.

Billy959 12-02-13 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAHA LOOOL XD (Post 6647880)
You cant compare COD to TR, that game has a HUGE fan base unlike the new TR which is in some sense a new IP (sort of). People don't know what to expect. Besides, COD is a favorite teen shooter. I don't know anyone in my class (boys) who doesn't own it even if he isn't a gamer. It is sort of a standard these days: you are cool if you own Call of Duty :p

I love being uncool then :p

Vinkula 12-02-13 22:42

Now, kinda "late", I became excited of the game :) It took a while, but now I really want this game and I'll be getting it in March :P

Rai 13-02-13 00:05

Quote:

And we’re DONE!!! The VERY first retail version of @tombraider off the production line. #reborn http://tmblr.co/ZSvGvxe0Ov4b
https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...BiYUXXf-PErSB8

Yes, I realise it's a tweet, but it needs to go in here to be seen properly.

TheRCroft 13-02-13 00:06

Hyperventilating with all the hype right now D:

Peep Show 13-02-13 00:06

Ew xbox cases are so ugly.

Rai 13-02-13 00:09

^But it has a Tomb Raider disc in it, which immediately makes it sooo much better. :D

veigafd 13-02-13 00:11

i find kinda strange xbox cases too, that green stuff remind me of shrek and his dvds

Peep Show 13-02-13 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6648105)
^But it has a Tomb Raider disc in it, which immediately makes it sooo much better. :D

I know but still the green turns me off, I don't care since my PS3 version will look amazing <3.

M1chae1a 13-02-13 00:12

OMG after seeing the collectors edition and now this. It's like If they got the disc in the case why can't we have it noooow? xD

veigafd 13-02-13 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by M1chae1a (Post 6648111)
OMG after seeing the collectors edition and now this. It's like If they got the disc in the case why can't we have it noooow? xD

its the same thing i think imeddiately :jmp: ...i cant wait anymore, just in the month of my brithay :hea:

James_Rutland 13-02-13 00:19

I like Xbox cases :D

I'm just weird :p

TheRCroft 13-02-13 00:23

Let's admit, the most visually-apealling cases are the PC ones. That huge green banner in Xbox games makes the case so ugly (at least IMO).

TRItheMaster 13-02-13 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6648101)
Ew xbox cases are so ugly.

Can't you appreciate anything? :rolleyes: :p

veigafd 13-02-13 00:35

"the extraordinary is in the disc of game not in the green shrek case"

Weemanply109 13-02-13 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by veigafd (Post 6648107)
i find kinda strange xbox cases too, that green stuff remind me of shrek and his dvds

:vlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6648131)
Let's admit, the most visually-apealling cases are the PC ones. That huge green banner in Xbox games makes the case so ugly (at least IMO).

So true. PC ones are less cluttered with console logos. Wasting damn space on a banner just to say "Hey, you're buying an Xbox game!". :rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.