www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Netflix orders tomb raider anime series (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225632)

amiro1989 27-09-21 19:47

The major fail. :vlol:

DOPE 27-09-21 20:01

this franchise is in sleep mode

Portugalraider 27-09-21 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiro1989 (Post 8322264)
The major fail. :vlol:

And why is that?

lance6439 27-09-21 20:18

The people who thought it was appropriate to announce news regarding the anime this year should be slapped in the face with a crowbar. And apparently Cahmilla, the least favorited voice actor, is going to take the role. This is going to be such a pathetic anime but it goes hand in hand with the pathetic, forgotten, unliked reboot games.

Rai 27-09-21 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8322272)
The people who thought it was appropriate to announce news regarding the anime this year should be slapped in the face with a crowbar. And apparently Camilla, the least favorited voice actor, is going to take the role. This is going to be such a pathetic anime but it goes hand in hand with the pathetic, forgotten, unliked reboot games.

Lara in the anime is being voiced by Hayley Atwell. The anime is coming in 2023. How is it inappropriate to have these small nuggets of news? Quit taking any opportunity to trash the reboot and new material. It got old a long time ago.

@Portugalraider, I saw that original post. I do see your point :tmb:.

Portugalraider 27-09-21 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8322272)
The people who thought it was appropriate to announce news regarding the anime this year should be slapped in the face with a crowbar. And apparently Cahmilla, the least favorited voice actor, is going to take the role. This is going to be such a pathetic anime but it goes hand in hand with the pathetic, forgotten, unliked reboot games.

Man, for something that is supposed to be so forgotten, unliked and irrelevant, you sure do like to talk about the reboot a lot, don't you?

Almost like, even if you despise it, deep down you know it was a very well received and liked era that will leave a permanent mark on the franchise, and don't know how to deal with that.

And you desperately say the contrary is true, hoping that if you say it enough times it will somehow become true.

It's sad, honestly...

charmedangelin 27-09-21 20:38

2023?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the actual ****?! Then when the hell is TR12 going to be coming along then? Oh my god I cannot, this franchise is going to die before this new era ever shows it's face. I cannot, seriously, I cannot. I have been patient, and trying to be super understanding, but what the hell is going on at Netflix?

It's taking billions of years just to get a new season of Stranger Things, and practically every show on there takes ages to get a new season. I mean, my god wtf?

Portugalraider 27-09-21 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8322278)
2023?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the actual ****?! Then when the hell is TR12 going to be coming along then? Oh my god I cannot, this franchise is going to die before this new era ever shows it's face. I cannot, seriously, I cannot. I have been patient, and trying to be super understanding, but what the hell is going on at Netflix?

It's taking billions of years just to get a new season of Stranger Things, and practically every show on there takes ages to get a new season. I mean, my god wtf?

For live action stuff: Covid.

For animation stuff: only the first season has a long production time, if the show gets more seasons (and Tomb Raider already has a season 2 in the works) things tend to go more smoothly.

biscuits 27-09-21 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8322262)
Oh, to be young... :p

Oh I get the feeling. I miss being 15 lol
I think it's a case of being announced early. Animation takes a long time. An episode alone takes months to produce. Also they only recently hired their lead VA. Clearly it's only early in production.

Maybe we're going to have beautiful looking art. Castlevania's first season looked stunning.

Portugalraider 27-09-21 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8322280)
Maybe we're going to have beautiful looking art. Castlevania's first season looked stunning.

It's being animated by the same studio, so I am hoping for a gorgeous series!