www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Underworld (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   CD trying to bring the DLC to PC (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225774)

Cat Woman 11-03-21 16:36

I was just able to download TRU DLCs Beneath the Ashes and Laraís Shadow through Microsoft Live to my xBox One (They play as Missions in the main game - but apparently you have to save manually and NOT use the resume button in TRU game.). Excited as I didnít have these w/my original physical copy. :)

Valentino 11-03-21 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 8284884)
They probably just put the original PS3 version into that collection. IIRC back then not many people outside of the TR fandom complained about Underworld's buginess.

Yeah I know quite well, the reviews were all good actually. But the game wouldn't fly today. I wonder why we were so relaxed about it's clunky-ness back then :o

Wooxman 12-03-21 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 8284920)
Yeah I know quite well, the reviews were all good actually. But the game wouldn't fly today. I wonder why we were so relaxed about it's clunky-ness back then :o

I'm honestly still surprised about the reviews because even at release the game was everything but well polished. But then again Eidos back then made GameSpot fire one of their journalists because he gave Kane & Lynch a (well deserved) negative review, so it's possible that gaming journalists at the time were afraid of Eidos and didn't dare to give their games bad reviews.

Chamayoo 12-03-21 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 8285152)
I'm honestly still surprised about the reviews because even at release the game was everything but well polished. But then again Eidos back then made GameSpot fire one of their journalists because he gave Kane & Lynch a (well deserved) negative review, so it's possible that gaming journalists at the time were afraid of Eidos and didn't dare to give their games bad reviews.

Didn't they also block everything below 7/10 for Underworld until release to avoid bad publicity ?
OMG Eidos at that time... Well should I say Eidos everytime. :facepalm:

Koper 14-03-21 13:51

Actually, journalists did criticize back then and said that tr underworld is technically not polished. No reason to blame crystal or eidos. :o

Just look up some reviews from 2008. :)

dg1995 15-03-21 20:26

Even if it was unpolished it delivered a far better experience than AOD for me.:ton:

Wooxman 16-03-21 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8285166)
Didn't they also block everything below 7/10 for Underworld until release to avoid bad publicity ?
OMG Eidos at that time... Well should I say Eidos everytime. :facepalm:

Now that you mention it, I remember reading something about that at the time. Yeah, Eidos was really shady back then. They were in financial trouble and thought that people would buy their mediocre games when the biggest press outlets didn't mention how mediocre those games were. :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koper (Post 8285451)
Actually, journalists did criticize back then and said that tr underworld is technically not polished. No reason to blame crystal or eidos. :o

Just look up some reviews from 2008. :)

The biggest and most influential sites didn't say anything bad about TRU, though.

Maybe it's just me but I think that Eidos' shady moves back then were the beginning of the end of reliable game reviews from the big gaming news sites.

Koper 16-03-21 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooxman (Post 8285948)
Now that you mention it, I remember reading something about that at the time. Yeah, Eidos was really shady back then. They were in financial trouble and thought that people would buy their mediocre games when the biggest press outlets didn't mention how mediocre those games were. :facepalm:

Now I remember it too! But those shady times are not over. For example the cyberpunk reviews.. :o
Quote:

The biggest and most influential sites didn't say anything bad about TRU, though.

Maybe it's just me but I think that Eidos' shady moves back then were the beginning of the end of reliable game reviews from the big gaming news sites.
I think you are not alone with this opinion. The problem with reviews are in my opinion that all journalists are dependent from the big gaming publishers. And if a review is too negative the publisher is not going to provide them with material in the long run. So journalists are indirectly forced to write positively and maybe ignoring some or other things.

BlueCake 13-04-21 20:54

Any news on this? I just wanna complete TRU with the classic outfit.

Larson_1988 05-05-21 07:11

I hope this comes into fruition at some point. :) Also, if it gets released i hope they can add achievements to the Steam version of TRU. :)