www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PC Control Mod - Tank Plus (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=226481)

.snake. 17-12-21 16:11

What about enabling the backwards hop for Lara, since she has the animation, but then for Kurtis he just does the backwards gallop that is being shown in the most recent video?

reborninshadow 17-12-21 16:17

Like I said, they both share the same code so both Lara and Kurtis will share all changes you do. Maybe a very experienced programmer could inject some custom code to the exe and add a check for which character is being played or something but it would be pretty tough to do.

LateRaider 18-12-21 20:12

It looks like the consensus is ultimately to add backstep, so I'll do that. That's a relief, considering it's something I've always wanted. :)

reborn just mentioned he got midair shooting to work. I've been messing around with it. As nice as it is, it has some animation errors, the shooting isn't super precise while side-flipping, and there's a bug that can happen pretty easily and consistently (though it's easily avoided). I'm not sure if I'll be including it.

reborn also gave me some bad news tonight. Apparently, sasho had injected custom code into the EXE in order to get the extra moves available while climbing stairs. I've had to make a decision here: release a less-functional version that has slow, but pretty-looking animations, or remove some lovingly-crafted animations that restrict the player and make stealth more difficult?

Therefore, v2.0 will also see the removal of stair climbing animations for Lara and Kurtis. Please understand that injecting code like that is not going to be possible at this time.

Jathom95 20-12-21 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateRaider (Post 8336283)

reborn also gave me some bad news tonight. Apparently, sasho had injected custom code into the EXE in order to get the extra moves available while climbing stairs. I've had to make a decision here: release a less-functional version that has slow, but pretty-looking animations, or remove some lovingly-crafted animations that restrict the player and make stealth more difficult?

Therefore, v2.0 will also see the removal of stair climbing animations for Lara and Kurtis. Please understand that injecting code like that is not going to be possible at this time.

Been meaning to comment. I'm honestly 100% on board with this. While I like the stair animations and they do look really good and everything, it's like you said - more control is preferable. It's honestly more in-line with what other games of this era did, many of them didn't have dedicated animations for inconsequential stuff like this.

And tbh, the stair animations themselves can be kinda glitchy. Ever tried going up them at an angle? You frequently run into the side and it's just frustrating.

So yeah, don't mind this one bit. :)

UroshUchiha 20-12-21 18:18

I personally am also fine if the stair animation doesn't make it into this release. Maybe eventually in a patcher that reborn could make so if someone truly wants it, they can enable it.

I wonder though if custom code can be added to the exe, does that mean there's a slim chance of adding the needed custom code for Lara to hop once backwards cause she has an animation for that while keeping Kurtis with the double hop since he doesn't?

EDIT: Oh wait, I just read what reborn said above.

Jathom95 13-01-22 17:49

Edit: Nevermind.

LateRaider 20-03-22 07:50

Tank Plus 2.0 is finally out. Barring any unforeseen developments, it's 100% finished. There are some animation corrections Reborn was testing, but they may not make it in.

UroshUchiha 20-03-22 10:49

Thanks for the update!
I currently am keeping reborninshadow's restoration project + patcher for my next playthrough.
Is there something that Tank Plus v2.0 does that the Restoration Project + Patcher do not? Kinda getting confused a bit with so many AOD related projects.

I also noticed that the TP_ROLL.mpg included in Tank Plus v2.0 is ~30 seconds shorter than the version I kept that I got from Nakamichi I believe.

Jathom95 20-03-22 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8347599)
Thanks for the update!
I currently am keeping reborninshadow's restoration project + patcher for my next playthrough.
Is there something that Tank Plus v2.0 does that the Restoration Project + Patcher do not? Kinda getting confused a bit with so many AOD related projects.

I also noticed that the TP_ROLL.mpg included in Tank Plus v2.0 is ~30 seconds shorter than the version I kept that I got from Nakamichi I believe.

In regard to Tank Plus - with the availability of reborninshadow's AOD patcher, every tweak in it is fully modular now. So basically, it's now more or less a base for people to start from, with the most recommended tweaks and fixes already in place. Though there are a few tweaks that aren't currently part of the patcher as well, like the instant quitting with Alt+F4 for instance.

I'm not sure about the TP_Roll.mpg included in Rescued, but if it's what I think it is - it's probably the remastered PS2 version, which is a bit shorter. It starts with Lara being beneath the wire on Industrial Rooftops. The longer one was exclusive to nakamichi's Multi-Patcher I believe, and I think he created the extra footage himself.

LateRaider 20-03-22 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8347599)
Thanks for the update!

1. no, tank plus 2.0 is based on the patchers. it was the smartest thing to do. at this point it exists for people who are confused by patchers or don't want to use them, for some reason. so basically, if you're comfortable using the patchers you don't need to use tank plus anymore.

2. this footage is remastered from the ps2 version. it is also found in nakamichi680's patcher archive. i wanted it b/c it's more vanilla and that's kind of the point lol.

and to break down each current project:

- restoration is a huge modpack and a patcher, based on SLAYER's Ultimate Patch and nakamichi680's Levels Definitive Patch, that intends to finish the game, refine the controls and story elements, and make it less of a pre-beta state. highly recommended to use.

- tank plus is a control improvement and bug fix mod based off of nakamichi680 and reborninshadow's patchers. therefore, 90% of the changes made in tank plus can be removed with one of the patchers. (some features were added that aren't yet available in these patchers, like corrected heat haze and stealth shooting from cover)

- rescued is a huge modpack that combines a bunch of mods together so players don't have to install them individually. it does not include restoration yet, but it will in the future. it includes tank plus, SLAYER's Ultimate Patch, and nakamichi680's Levels Definitive Patch, among others.

hopefully that helps