www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New website for custom levels (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=227079)

mojtra 07-05-22 09:34

Yesterday I wrote my first review on TRCustoms and I really enjoyed the fact that there is no ranking by numbers on this site.

The only thing that did not really satisfy me was that I had to send a review myself to get some information about how the rating system works. And even then there was no full description of what the site does with the reviews.

I like the approach of allowing reviewers and (perhaps more importantly) builders to customise the content they upload themselves.

But perhaps it would be an idea for the future to explain a little more to the visitors how the positive and negative ratings are calculated.

CheshireBitch 07-05-22 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojtra (Post 8355027)

But perhaps it would be an idea for the future to explain a little more to the visitors how the positive and negative ratings are calculated.

I actually think that's great because when you review it you don't know how it will be rated so it's easier to be fair in my opinion.

I got a level upload, on TRcustoms it came out "neutral" and that same person uploaded his review on TRLE.net and it came out as 9/10.

I think with numbers you can easily get the feeling of "giving too much" or "giving too little" depending on your own experience of the level. Without numbers or knowing how it works, the review comes out more naturel I think.

I trust more the "neutral" review that came out from trcustom than the 9/10 that same person gave me on TRLE.net ! (even if I am very flattered they gave me such high numbers)

Kubsy 12-05-22 11:11

I agree and here

Craig Michaels 16-05-22 16:29

Putting in a request for mobile / tablet support, I know it hasnít been implemented yet but hope someday to be able to read and write reviews more easily! Thanks for all the website work so far.

Kubsy 16-05-22 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Michaels (Post 8356028)
Putting in a request for mobile / tablet support, I know it hasnít been implemented yet but hope someday to be able to read and write reviews more easily! Thanks for all the website work so far.

But the mobile/tablet support works now, no? It works perfectly on my end.

adngel 16-05-22 22:13

Well, I'm not sure about this issue, but, is the "action" tag getting somehow generic?

When I search that tag I expect to find a level with several action moments, but some of the levels I played in that category... well, there are enemies, some trap here and there, but are quite relaxed like many other levels around.

Making slow and calmed levels is not a bad approach, just that when I'm looking for those adredaline boosters, and I wonder if action tag is the way to find them.


(Another is the "adventure" tag, every level is an adventure, I'm not very sure how to use or expect of that one. O_Ú).

perryloo 17-05-22 00:14

Really like the new custom level website, going to join :tmb:

QUESTION....Does this website simply duplicate all the custom games in TRLE.net, or is there new games in this website that are not on TRLE?

adngel 17-05-22 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by perryloo (Post 8356061)
Really like the new custom level website, going to join :tmb:

QUESTION....Does this website simply duplicate all the custom games in TRLE.net, or is there new games in this website that are not on TRLE?

When the new website was created, it brought the levels from the TRLE.net, but since then, that deppends of each author, if they want to send their levels to one, the other, or both.

perryloo 17-05-22 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by adngel (Post 8356064)
When the new website was created, it brought the levels from the TRLE.net, but since then, that deppends of each author, if they want to send their levels to one, the other, or both.

Thank you for explaining :tmb:

sackboy123 29-05-22 17:02

How come some levels don't have download links, mainly the ones that got removed from TRLE.Net years back. But then we have download links for Neon God and Jade Empire which got removed for the same reasons. So why does the new website have these aviliable but not any others


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.